Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "Again" like when? Classic dropped BoE Epics as early as lv 39 (Underworld band).
    Those BoE epics were quite rare and (comparatively) terribly expensive, though. At least on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I would be OK with it if you change LFR gear to green instead, and Normal raid blue, HC purple. Will you be OK with this?
    Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    I actually laughed when I saw this because I couldn't believe GC's response. I thought it was a decent idea. I'm personally sick of all the epic gear with the green subcategories on them like Raid Finder, Heroic, Elite, Thunderforged, etc. eliminating one of those doesn't seem like a terrible idea.

If GC said something like "it's always been like this so it will stay" or "it's a raid and raids drop epics" or even the ballsy right answer of "more people run LFR than N and Hc combined and it's a stupid business decision to piss those people off." I would feel those responses are more justifiable. But because it may "push folks out of LFR." Come on... Most people wouldn't stop LFR if they got Blues over Purples. Many would be annoyed but people would get over it.

What do you guys think of GC's comment? Would people stop LFR if it dropped Blues instead?
    IMHO

We should just make all endgame gear epics. Dungeons? epix. Raids? epix.

I don't see the need to differentiate gear by an arbitrary quality. Wrath Purples are shit compared to cataclysm greens.
    Items that are below your average ilvl should have a red name, and items that are par should be green, where items that are above should be purple. So as you get better gear, your bad gear is quickly identified as in dire need of replacing, your good gear is green, and your awesome gear is highlighted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Purple has been the color of raid gear for so long that almost every game uses it now. By changing it in one game, you alienate that group of players.

Furthermore, what color gear do you suggest drops in Dungeons? White? Grey? No gear at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

We could make LFR 502 gear blue rather then purple font, but apparently that would upset people?

Why do people like OP feel the need to be so inflammatory? It's disgusting, really. Normal level epics are way better than LFR purples. Your content is slightly harder and your gear is way better. Be happy with it. Epic is just a word and doesn't grant ability.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    We could make LFR 502 gear blue rather then purple font, but apparently that would upset people?
    If the stats didn't change, why bother changing the color? What would changing the color matter? I like green.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

The colors are just short-hand for what you do with it. Greens = vend, Blues = sell or wear for a bit, Purple = keep for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Why do people like OP feel the need to be so inflammatory? It's disgusting, really. Normal level epics are way better than LFR purples. Your content is slightly harder and your gear is way better. Be happy with it. Epic is just a word and doesn't grant ability.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 05:23 PM ----------

If the stats didn't change, why bother changing the color? What would changing the color matter?
    Well that is precisely the point and it works both ways, why would matter if it was blue not purple? Not sure how the OP was inflammatory by the way..

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Purple has been the color of raid gear for so long that almost every game uses it now. By changing it in one game, you alienate that group of players.

Furthermore, what color gear do you suggest drops in Dungeons? White? Grey? No gear at all?
    Those can remain blue as well. I can get blues from quests and dungeons, and I don't recall anyone saying that this is a bad thing.

Do the stats on your gear allow you to compete in the content you're pursuing? It's a yes / no answer, and really is the only thing that matters (and that it looks at least somewhat interesting visually). Text color is irrelevant.

Why do people care so much about the color of the text of your gear? I just care about the stats.

I strictly do LFR now (barely did it last x-pac). It is my end game, doesn't feel like a job like raiding used to. Was usually healer or one of the top DPS, so it felt more like an obligation. Too easy to get an invite for drinks or something else, so it wasn't really fair to blow off raid team but at the same time, kinda lame to bail on RL friends for pixels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the stats on your gear allow you to compete in the content you're pursuing? It's a yes / no answer, and really is the only thing that matters (and that it looks at least somewhat interesting visually). Text color is irrelevant.
    Text coloration is the primary sensory experience in a game that is based on visual input. You are living in a dream world if you think that you would be satisfied running around in Grey text gear suddenly after ten years (or a year, or whatever) of being conditioned to see Purple as the pinnacle coloration of good gear text.
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I agree.

Also why does it matter what colour the gear is? make LFR gear poop brown, normal gear cyan, and heroic gear hot pink
    Exactly what I was thinking lol

I think of it like Mellow Yellow. Do people that drink Mountain Dew get mad at the people that drink Mellow Yellow?
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

LFR - Greens
    Normal - Blues
    Heroic - Purples

What about the world rares/bosses that drop purples...not in a raid instance, must be lesser items.

Make purples non transmogable/non reforgeable, since it is the color of the name of the item a that is the only important thing

Valor gear should not be purple either, since you can get them without entering a raid. Same with crafted purples.

The game will always be frustrating if you worry more about what other are doing/wearing than yourself

In order to the see the color of an item you have to actually inspect someone and mouse over individual pieces, if you're doing that anyway then you can see the raid finder tag on any appropriate pieces. The color of the main text is irrelevant.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Look man a lot of people just don't have the time for a normal raid as a former heroic 25 raider i can attest to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Text coloration is the primary sensory experience in a game that is based on visual input.
    Unless you run around with your character screen open constantly, I'd say that the aesthetic of your gear is the primary sensory experience as far as your character goes. And even that is rather trivial, given how far zoomed out folks generally play.

I personally wish you could transmog to white / grey gear, just for a goof.

10+ Year Old Account
    People want to feel like they've accomplished something. Most people playing the game know that purples are 'epic' and the most highly sought after items aside from oranges. Even if the numbers didn't change on the gear, it would be a bit upsetting to people to suddenly have their purples be blue. It would just be an arbitrary way for the raiding community to say 'hey, your lfr is bad! you can't have our nice things! give us back our not really at all exclusive gear color! Nyah!' If high end raiding or high end pvp was the only, only, only way to get epics, then perhaps it would make more sense. But even if lfr gear was blue/didn't drop gear, there's other ways for players to get some purples. And not ones that have the 'prestige' of high end pve/pvp. Getting lucky on a world drop or saving gold to buy crafted items/mats or saving up valor/conquest to buy epics is already a part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Anyone in favor of making LFR items blue should ask themselves: Why do I want this?

The only honest answer I can think of is, "I want LFR players to know that they're not as good as raiders." Basically, the whole point of changing LFR gear to blue would be to differentiate yourself from LFR players.

Sorry, but Blizzard doesn't have to cater to your superficiality. There's no legitimate reason to change LFR gear to blue. You want people to know that you're better than them. That's not a good enough reason.
    I'm with you, I don't understand this obsession with LFR gear that raiders have. It's not the same gear that you are going to be wearing. It looks different! Just get over it.

Don't care what colour the gear is, so long as I am geting progression on my toon, else I'd quit. So aslong as *upgrades* are making my toon a bit more powerful then I'm progressing. And I only run LFR these days.