Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    The problem is you should be worrying about your accomplishments, your goals, your gear and what you look like. What other ppl do and wear has nothing to do with you. Ppl who only base their self worth and feeling of accomplishment based on what everyone else is doing have issues outside of gaming and seriously need to so a self check.
    Then please do tell me oh wise one. Why is WoW still designed in such a way that it encourages such behaviour? I tell you why. Because there are good chances that if you play in such enviourment, you will be co-operating with other people. You dont like to be dragged down without a good reason do you? Ofcourse not, nobody likes it. If there's something people can do about it, they will. If it means comparing yourself to others in order to provoke competition, arms race and general improvement of cog units that run LFx system, then so be it!

White - Sell Me
    Green - Disenchant Me
    Blue - Use Me
    Purple - Wear Me
    Orange - Grind Me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    People going into LFR for experiencing content?

If LFR doesn't offer shiny epics, then it's dead. Because the majority understands easy accessible epics as content.
    If normals didn't offer "shiny epics" how many people would run that?

Quote Originally Posted by Toc View Post
    If normals didn't offer "shiny epics" how many people would run that?
    The .5% of players who think that killing heroic pixels is why Blizzard is making however many hundreds of millions of dollars a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Of course, those suggesting this change DO think it would matter, otherwise they would not be suggesting it. They deny this, of course, since the whole point of what they're suggesting is to degrade the game experience of others. It's the usual loathsome (pseudo-)elitist garbage.
    The reality is these people are fake elitists. Real elites don't give a shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I agree.

Also why does it matter what colour the gear is? make LFR gear poop brown, normal gear cyan, and heroic gear hot pink
    ooooooh you'd be surprised at how much the color purple means to people. Its a status symbol and since wrath made it assessable to everyone people refuse to even wear blues.

I kid you not, I've seen players in deepholm questing their alts in lvl 70 brutal gear still. (before transmog mind you)

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The reality is these people are fake elitists. Real elites don't give a shit.
    So, this is basically the fundamental truth of WoW.

The actual bad ass raiders of WoW are quiet, professional folks who don't disparage casuals and who are happy to be playing the game.

The pretend bad ass raiders of WoW are, well, look around.

It turns out, the actual bad ass raiders are this little group of quiet people, and the pretend bad ass raiders are this somewhat larger group of people obsessed with posting on the Internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post

The actual bad ass raiders of WoW are quiet, professional folks who don't disparage casuals and who are happy to be playing the game.

It turns out, the actual bad ass raiders are this little group of quiet people, and the pretend bad ass raiders are this somewhat larger group of people obsessed with posting on the Internet.
    Yep the raiding guild on wind runner, temerity is like US top 50 or some crap. Nicest guys in the universe. Amazingly pleasant.

Why does it matter what color the gear is? If you don't like LFR because you raid normal or heroic, then don't do it. Yours is different because it doesn't say "Raid Finder" in green letters.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Why does it matter what color the gear is? If you don't like LFR because you raid normal or heroic, then don't do it. Yours is different because it doesn't say "Raid Finder" in green letters.
    What if Heroic raid gear said "Raid Finder" and Raid Finder gear said "Heroic." Would Heroic raiders keep raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post

I think you almost had it.....you forgot about the group of people that want to enjoy the game regardless of others and become elitist but don't have the time etc to find a group o do heroics with and thus want lfr removed so as to force those casuals to step up or quit.....slightly enlarging the pool of potential heroic raiders so that they can do what they want....I don't think I have to explain why their selfish reasoning is wrong....but you shouldn't forget those people.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    I think you almost had it.....you forgot about the group of people that want to enjoy the game regardless of others and become elitist but don't have the time etc to find a group o do heroics with and thus want lfr removed so as to force those casuals to step up or quit.....slightly enlarging the pool of potential heroic raiders so that they can do what they want....I don't think I have to explain why their selfish reasoning is wrong....but you shouldn't forget those people.
    I get why they think it may force casuals to step up but why do they think casuals quiting is an obvious desideratum?