Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mage/Molten/Frost Armour falling off?

I swear sometimes I'll cast Frost Armour and then like 10 minutes later its gone. I know I'm not crazy and just forgot to cast it. Anyone else experiencing this? Or is there something I missed when the buff has no expire time?

Did you change glyphs/talents? Because that removes your current magearmour.

Then I do not have a clue to be fair, never had that problem. Would that boss encounter only be (for example) Imperial Vizier or just any boss encounter? If only Vizier it could be tied to the mindcontrol. If not, then your guess is as good as mine.

Deleted
    Pretty sure it's something you are doing without knowing. If it was a legit bug then forums would have talked about it more as 7% haste or wathever is kinda a big thing.

Deleted
    Never happened.

The only times I have to rebuff myself is when I change glyphs, and btw that is a stupid thing, I don't even understand the logic behind this

It's never happened to me outside of changing glyphs and talents... and I have a MASSIVE ANNOYING Weak Aura show up when I don't have an Armor on.

Only happens when you change talents/glyphs or when you get MC'd and the computer casts another Armor.

Deleted
    I have sometime had this issue. I have report it. I have a post or two, here, about it.

it was more frequent in 5.0/5.1 than now.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    It's never happened to me outside of changing glyphs and talents... and I have a MASSIVE ANNOYING Weak Aura show up when I don't have an Armor on.
    EXACTLY this. After forgetting it for a few times and totally sucked in damage I also created a weak aura that I can't miss Did the same thing for my water elemental.

This happened to me a few times when I DC'd mid encounter a few weeks ago. Not entirely sure what caused it but I created an aura afterwards thinking I'd just forgotten until it happened again and my aura made me realize what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    I have sometime had this issue. I have report it. I have a post or two, here, about it.

it was more frequent in 5.0/5.1 than now.
    Yep, had the same thing back then, often logged in without having the buff. But I assumed it got fixed as I have not seen the issue for months now.

Ok, sometimes, when I have been mindcontrolled, I find out way to late that it has changed to the wrong armor type.

Deleted
    It happens to me a lot. Not just when changing talents/glyphs. I ended up setting a weak aura for it so at least I am aware immediately it happens. I still have no idea why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try smartbuff. I use it for everything. Dalaran brilliance, frost armor, mage armor for when in bg's, druid forms, flasks, etc.

You'll never get anyone asking for your buff again since they'll always have it.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Our guild rogue had his flask falling off a few times during the raid if that counts. (not a mind controlling boss and it happened midfight)

Had this problem happen quite a few times earlier in the Tier. Then I realized anytime you switch glyphs/talents/etc that your armor will fall off.

Deleted
    Actually, I experience some Arcane Brilliance bug after loading screen.
    The buff simply disappear. I have made a big icon with TMW for show it (& armor two)

Deleted
    This still happens to me all the time, but at least I know it isn't just me know - I did think I was going mad.

Something else has been happening recently which may or may not be related and this is my Elemental keeps despawning at the start of Durumu - both LFR and Normal. Is this something that has happened to any one else?

I am pretty sure he isn't just dying as there is so little damage at the start of the fight.

We can't sustain our Mage armors or our Int/Crit buff through a Talent or Glyph change. It doesn't make sense - it's just the way it is though. Buff early and buff often.

Deleted
    Armor disappearing after a glyph/talent change is the way Dev found to limit fly-out change in the middle of a BG and other things like that.

In my opinion, they could have made them like Presence/Stance/Aura/... By default, you will have one.

- Changing Glyphs, Talents, or Specialization.
    - Was there a mind control on the last fight? Did you get mind controlled? They tend to fuck with Mage Armors more than anything.
    - Did you accidentally right click it off?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.