Poll: Do U.S. states have their own culture/identity?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I've never actually visited the States
    We're gonna have to fix that oversight.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    We're gonna have to fix that oversight.
    I intend to! I really do. At some point.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who lives in South Florida I can tell you that it's a lot more like the North East especially New York while North Florida is like the South.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orlando, Florida. United States of America
    I was born and raised on Long Island New York, I would say that culture is a more of a regional thing than a state thing. I've lived in Florida for about 16 years, and the only real difference is how scum bags operate. Up north, they will not hide the fact they are scumbags, down here in the south I think more people are the kind of "two-faced" scumbag, who will smile at you, and then stab you when you turn around. Otherwise you can get along fine in any state that has a city and some civilization. Do not go out to the country side, you will get into a lot of trouble there.

10+ Year Old Account
    as an outsider, i would say they do, maybe not each state individually, but texas is quite distinct from Massachusetts for example, i dont think the differences are on the same scale as a difference between two European countires though.

I'm in Illinois so in my experience, YES, without a doubt. (though I too clicked the wrong thing.)

Here in IL we're comprised of an entire state which generally leans 1 way and a really big cesspool of shit known as Chicago which some how outranks the entire rest of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So the people who hate anyone that isn't just like them (the south) and the people who just want to get on with their lives and drag the rest of the country into the first world (northeast and west coast) are the rude, arrogant jerks?

Yes that makes sense.
    I am from NY. We are rude, we are arrogant and we are jerks. This should be one of the fundamental truth in the universe. Though it does not mean we don't care. Its that we care so much that we close ourselves in so we don't get hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to think so... which is why I'm also in favor of no federal laws, only state.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    You imply that the ones with greater genetic variation and much larger pools to draw from are the inbreds?

Socioeconomic conditions. I would also note that there is plenty of crime in the countryside.
    True. Cities create the socioeconomic conditions. Crimes are far far far far far far far less in the country simply due to less people living there, more resource being available per person etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only do different states have different cultures, but also counties and cities.

This is really the main redeeming quality of the states. The differences are huge and mean a hell of a lot.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the states. We could probably get by with one Dakota. But areas defined by major geographical differences tend to develop their own culture and traditions.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

much more regional than state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    much more regional than state.
    Not really... California has crazy drivers and I mean crazy... they can't stay in a single lane for more than a minute... it's like there's a timer going off and you have 1 minute to get into a different lane or your car blows up... here in oregon, it's much more relaxed... people typically drive the speed limit if not 5-10 over... you rarely see people going crazy fast or driving crazy... and when you do, their licence plate always says california. I think it's still state... not quite regional.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.