Thread: Black Desert

Page 11 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What are you talking about? They're gorgeous!

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    1st halloween theme
    2nd OMG ITS HIDEOUS!
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It looks really good, but I have learned my lesson with GW2.
    ^ this..
    (10char)
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Having strong or even decent PVP will keep it afloat, see GW2.

GW2 has been able to maintain its slice of the pie because for all of its flaws many people like the combat - no other sub community within the game like the combat more than PvP/WvW players. You have many people (myself included) who have played the same stale WvW for 2 years just because no other MMOs on the market provides the same action/aim-assist PvP experience.

If Black Desert just has a large barren map with combat in the same or similar style of GW2 then trust me, PvP players will play it.
    I joined GW2 as a pvp player, I left GW2 early as a pvp player.
    Too many bugs and imbalances in structured pvp that lasted for too long time, ANet was for some reason allergic to hotfix anything but candy corn drops in the world.
    And I would have WvWvW, but when you start a game you dont want to spend entire evenings in queues. And ofc queue was bugged as well, me and my friends started queuing at same time but could differ several hours between when one and the other could join, so playing together in wvwvw was impossible. We gave it a couple of months but with block bugs and heartseeker skill and heartseeker pro all over structured pvp and eternal wvwvw queues, we gave up. And looking at pvp forums over the years, pvp players dropped out one by one... some were really patient about changes but finally gave up.
    I guess wvwvw is ok atm, but I think that GW2 isn't alive and kicking because of pvp, it's because they mish-mashed pvp and pve so people can play a bit of whatev. So they dont have the dedicated pvp players left, they got a bunch of people who wants to play the game a bit however they like. If a game got a good mix of things to do, quite some people will stay and do stuff.

About this game, it will probably be quite dated if it hits west in 2016. And some bro said that yay, keepin it korean will make sweet f2p-model, taking example that Archeage failed in west. Yes, Archeage f2p model is a pile of shit, Trion once a good well reputated company threw themselves to the ground. But you know what? Korean f2p model is way, way worse from what I understand, much more restrictions in LP for example. So having faith in a Korean company making the f2p-model of the motherlords, nah... I wouldnt hope so much for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOmNUGsIDk

As Step explains in the comments or the video description, I really hope some of those don't make it to NA. I know that's the way most Asian MMO's are, but I'll never understand why anyone thinks it's a good idea to lose progress when you die, not to mention losing enchants...like really?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kair View Post

As Step explains in the comments or the video description, I really hope some of those don't make it to NA. I know that's the way most Asian MMO's are, but I'll never understand why anyone thinks it's a good idea to lose progress when you die, not to mention losing enchants...like really?
    Hard punishments when you die worked in westernized mmos 10 years ago, it wouldn't be a good cash grab doing it today... gaming audience is completely different. And the few that miss the old punishing days aren't enough to build a market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Hard punishments when you die worked in westernized mmos 10 years ago, it wouldn't be a good cash grab doing it today... gaming audience is completely different. And the few that miss the old punishing days aren't enough to build a market.
    That's what I'm saying. Everything seems to be about money nowadays so I don't understand why they would go through with it. Unless they are just hoping to grab a ton of money and not care what happens to the game after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kair View Post

It creates actual risk within the game. Dying matters, it's not just a "ho hum, I have a short corpse run and a minor repair bill. Whatevs." There's actual risk associated with it which means that players have to be careful in where they go and what enemies they engage in.

Not to mention that by potentially losing gear/enchants, it creates a more thriving in-game player driven economy similar to how it works in EVE (where players can lose ships and their cargoes forever). There will actually be a steady demand for things like gear and enchants, as folks who are frequently killed will need to purchase replacements.

10+ Year Old Account
    As interesting as it can possibly be, gradius syndrome was kind of removed from a lot of modern games because it can be infuriating, and having it in a long term game can make it very unattractive as opposed to a single player game. I personally wouldn't bother. I do too much suicidal shit in games already.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    As interesting as it can possibly be, gradius syndrome was kind of removed from a lot of modern games because it can be infuriating, and having it in a long term game can make it very unattractive as opposed to a single player game. I personally wouldn't bother. I do too much suicidal shit in games already.
    One of my favorite things to do in any game I play, especially MMOs, is finding the biggest, meanest thing in the zone and see if I can solo it. If not then I level up a bit and try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Exactly how I feel about it. Just as Calfredd noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It creates actual risk within the game. Dying matters, it's not just a "ho hum, I have a short corpse run and a minor repair bill. Whatevs." There's actual risk associated with it which means that players have to be careful in where they go and what enemies they engage in.

Not to mention that by potentially losing gear/enchants, it creates a more thriving in-game player driven economy similar to how it works in EVE (where players can lose ships and their cargoes forever). There will actually be a steady demand for things like gear and enchants, as folks who are frequently killed will need to purchase replacements.
    I understand the point of it and while I do like some challenge when I play, I also like to enjoy the game by doing stupid stuff along the way. Probably the reason that kind if play really never "stayed" here with the current market and play-style. If they want to keep it in, the least they could do is remove the loss of stuff when you die via PvP otherwise I wouldn't ever see a reason to enchant/upgrade anything if you're just going to do PvP.
    Last edited by Kair; 2014-12-28 at 11:54 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Losing experience when you die is fine with me, but I draw the line at losing items when you die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope they take out the losing items bit >.> If i wanted something like that i'd play Dark Souls
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I doubt they will change much if any of the game this close to release, the death penalties have been in game since the beginning. They are already receiving a lot of back lash for instanced housing and minimum level requirements to pvp.(both are aimed at the western market Im sure and to me not that big of a deal) I think being a pure Korean grinder type of game will put western players off far more than death penalties.

Losing xp isnt really a huge deal since pve mobs are a push over and you have to level up two different ways with skill and contribution points being slightly harder(mob grinding, quest grinding, rep grinding etc) to come by than xp.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2014-12-29 at 11:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can lvl up from fishing if you really wanted to

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    You can lvl up from fishing if you really wanted to
    Yes you can but you will have no SP or CP which will put you far behind other level 50s, well unless they got to 50 with fishing also. You would still need to go out and do the quests and grind mobs plus rep up with npc's to get their other quests etc.

They also have added xp and skill point boost potions to the cash shop, so those could help to catch up.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2014-12-31 at 09:57 AM.

Well as for my final impression after playing for 2 weeks now.

Game still looks great, airs an incredible medieval vibe, realistic too since there is no crazy zone transitioning from say desert to snowy peaks to forestlands and the scale of the world is awesome.

But its a korean mmo through and through, theres nothing to do except kill shit and waste time on profs and such. the combat gets repetitive since the mobs are dumb as fuck so there is hardly any reactionary combat going on. The fps drop during combat sucks too, even steparus bad-ass rig cant do anything about it, its just the game itself, and frankly nothing is finished. theyre pumping new options in the game daily but they cant even get their UI to remember settings that you specifically put in like hiding certain elements or scalling and such.

Theres so much more to say but im not going to waste my time on it. Tera 2.0 with better graphics, better scale, worse combat (in terms of A.I.) and zero endgame atm except for upcoming pvp stuff.

I obviously dont speak for all, many are enjoying themselves, just not me, product is unfinished and OBT is usually the finished product.

^

Isn't the game supposed to be a sandbox or at least have some sandbox features instead of just being a combat simulator?

10+ Year Old Account
    New cash shop items

I really dont understand the purpose of these sandbox mmo's, why the hell would you breed horses or cultivate land inside a videogame? why not just call it a damn agriculture sim. Gave it another 2 hours last night, it really is a piece of trash coated in nice looking graphics.

Don't get your hopes up for the NA/EU release, it's just god awful boring