Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

This town sure is crazy. I don't see why everyone is speculating the night kills so much. ??? has always meant cannibal and a cultist death pretty much has to mean that he was recruited and then night killed at the same time, unless the cult started out with more than the leader, but I find this an insane possibility as cult games are known to be extremely cult favored to begin with, starting with members would only make it moreso.

I don't see how the word "acolyte" implies leader.

Also,
    FoS everyone but Ely for not FoSing me, voting on me, or saying I look scummy. Playstyle changes!
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-05-05 at 09:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    FoS everyone but Ely for not FoSing me, voting on me, or saying I look scummy. Playstyle changes!
    Tell me one game where I have FoSed/voted you for being Lysah.

But you're right. I will chnage my playstyle. I won't fluff as much. Fluffing gets me killed.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Tell me one game where I have FoSed/voted you for being Lysah.

But you're right. I will chnage my playstyle. I won't fluff as much. Fluffing gets me killed.
    My Mewtwo sense is tingling.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I thought you were actually Mew and not MewTwo?
    Shows how much I payed attention to your Pokemafia game. Eh.

I've never FoS'd you. I've always been you're avid supporter.
    Damn you Lysah!

I still think there is another cult around.
    Any chance anyone knows; Which happens first 'Conversion or Kill'?
    It's always said GodFather when the leader of the mafia dies. So why wouldn't it say Cult Leader *or whatever else the cult leader is called in the forum version*?
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I doubt anyone knows the priority of night actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Copy
    2. Hide
    3. Bus
    4. Block
    5. Redirect
    6. Protect
    7. Miscellaneous
    8. Kill
    9. Recruit
    10. Inspect

Just found that. Although it may not be completely applicable. Going by this logic is that if he was our only cult, then the cult is dead, and there was no recruit. But then again, our mods may be using a different order.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Silkku said he'd never tell us the order, so I think he implied it is not ordinary.

Silkku said he'd never tell us the order, so I think he implied it is not ordinary.
    Or maybe he is just playing mind games, or maybe not... who knows?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Or maybe he is just playing mind games, or maybe not... who knows?
    wifom and stuff and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really have anything to say, starting with night seems to have lessened the fluff but nor eliminated it and there still isn't much to go off on Day 1. I don't like this night start, especially with poor Deca being killed on N1 the second game in a row and this time he didn't even get to speak!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Don't really have anything to say, starting with night seems to have lessened the fluff but nor eliminated it and there still isn't much to go off on Day 1. I don't like this night start, especially with poor Deca being killed on N1 the second game in a row and this time he didn't even get to speak!
    Not sure that speaking on a day of pure fluff would have lessened the misfortune of dying on N1.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Only difference with starting with a night is that there *might* be something to go on.
    Like a suicidal Cop. :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Of course there's something to go on - who wanted Deca and celtic dead so badly? Crimes always have motives.

And whoever went after Deca is a real jerk, even I wouldn't have killed him on night 1 for the second game in a row.

For. Shame.

And whoever went after Deca is a real jerk, even I wouldn't have killed him on night 1 for the second game in a row.
    One of the reasons I'm not as convinced as everyone else seem to be of a cannibal.

Deleted

Or they just weren't playing last game?

I would caution: speculating what may have happened an be beneficial. Just beware you don't let your thinking ever "lock" a possibility into an absolute just because it seems to fit. You should always have a good portion of doubt about theories.
    I seem to recall silkku describing this game as having the potential to be shorter than we've been used to lately, so it is entirely possible that the cult began with more than just it's leader. It's possible we have another group of killers, or perhaps the cultists can kill on certain nights or recruit on others. Maybe if the person they target is not a VT they kill, essentially making them able to only recruit VT's and cultist kills hide the role of the person if they kill.
    Any of that could be possible... Or none of it. Continually thinking will be key this game.

Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    I would caution: speculating what may have happened an be beneficial. Just beware you don't let your thinking ever "lock" a possibility into an absolute just because it seems to fit. You should always have a good portion of doubt about theories.
    Been trying to say that but no one seems to listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again adding this for people to view.
    http://mikeburnfire.deviantart.com/a...Roles-72597749

Haven't viewed it all, but if there is anything odd, it's possible it might be in here.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 10:11 PM ----------

On second inspection. There is nothing apart from cannibal I can find that would mean why Deca's role isn't shown.
    So. Confused!

Only way I can imagine a non-cannibal hidden role is if his role has some sort of after-death power where revealing the role would mod confirm it when Deca keeps posting/voting/revenge kill/whatever. But, if we don't see Deca anymore I feel it's safe to assume cannibal.

Deleted
    So far I guess we can say the following:
    Things we know for sure: there is a cult and atleast 2 nk powers

Speculation: there is 1 cult leader who can recruit at a certain interval in time, my guess would be each day, he recruited celtic and then celtic got killed by the NK, it seems probable that convertion goes before killing. Since cult games are notoriously hard to balance, I am guessing that they start with only 1 person (the leader) and get 1 recruitment per day, this leaves us with a town:cult relationship of 1:25, as most of you know if the cultists become the majority they win.

It would be safe to say that whoever converted celtic to the cult is a friend of him on these forums, since it seems likely that people will want to have their friends be in the same faction as them.
    Considering the amount of people we have in the game, it seems likely that there are atleast 3 NK roles, maybe even one pro-town, which must mean that one roleblocker worked, but this is to much to speculate upon, since the possibilities are endless.

The other person who died was decagon who was ???, this basically tells us that he either had a role which allowed him to not get called out or the person killing him had that role.

To do list of things I can't do:
    1. Find out who celdric was friends with and target for possible cult leader
    2. Find out which pro/anti town roles can make someone role not be shown

Lynching:

I really have very little clue as to who or what should die by lynching, however I have a few FOS to hand out
    FOS Holz for asking if cult was maffia: seems like a very obvious ploy not to make him look maffia
    FOS listo & keleb for telling the town not to speculate, which is really the most valuable thing we can do right now.

Having said this, I hope its usefull for someone