• Yes

71 46.71%
  • No

81 53.29%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    And now your post has 0 merit.

You can't pick and choose if you're trying to figure out a pattern.

"Hey guys, 2h agility maces are only used by 1 class! PATTERN!"
    The pattern doesnt really fit monks since mail + ranged weapons would still have been the most logical choice for MoP if gear really mattered. Monks having 2 agi leather specs put them in a more saturated group. Str plate had 5 specs(dps, tank is separate), dps cloth had 7, and agi leather had 5. Int Plate, int mail, int leather, spirit cloth all have less specs than agi leather. If you look at rings/necks/trinkets there were 8 or 9 specs that shared those items in Cata, now its 10-11 which is more than any other type(9 for dps int, 5 for dps str, tanks(only trinkets for agi tanks) and heals share others). So they way they made monks put them into a pretty saturated gear situation. Its obvious they were added because the monk is associated with Pandaren and the exp was Pandaria.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 05:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A Tinker class could do it.

Healing spec: INT mail, melee weapon: Heals through potions, chemicals, and robotic assistants.
    Tank spec: INT mail/Agi mail, melee weapon: Tanks through changing form like Druids or Dark Apotheosis Warlocks. DA proved that INT tanking is possible.
    DPS spec: Agi mail, Ranged weapon: Uses guns, bows, and x-bows. Guns or X-bows would be the optimal weapon choice.

It also helps that Warcraft tinkers are known for having robotic arms. These robotic arm concepts have been used by various games, and could be utilized for a variety of purposes;

That first cone could be used for tanking. The last one could be used for healing or DPS.
    IDK but to me a tinker class doesnt fit anything currently in the game. Its not mail, a contructed metal body would be more like plate. It wouldnt use int unless its magical but it seems mechanical. Agi doesnt make sense since machines arent agile. Maybe strength because it has to be strong to stay together and crush things. So if anything it would be plate with strength tank specs and dps specs and maybe a int healing spec with int=electricity, could be int dps too if its for shocking things.

I guess I just fit it into WoW gear but its plate, not mail.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2013-05-08 at 05:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    And now your post has 0 merit.

You can't pick and choose if you're trying to figure out a pattern.

"Hey guys, 2h agility maces are only used by 1 class! PATTERN!"

What? You made the erroneous statement that only rogues can use daggers. I disproved your statement so what are you talking about?

I wasn't picking and choosing. No other class can use bows or guns except for Hunters. Yeah Rogues and Warriors can equip them and shoot, but they would never use them in raids, groups, or pvp.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 05:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post

IDK but to me a tinker class doesnt fit anything currently in the game. Its not mail, a contructed metal body would be more like plate.
    Who said anything about a metal body? Only robots or devices would be metal, and not all metal is as strong as plate. A tinker may use bronze or iron instead of steel to construct their machines. Besides, armor in the game sense is just what the character is wearing, not what its constructs are wearing.

It wouldnt use int unless its magical but it seems mechanical.
    It takes brains (INT) to be an inventor or mechanic.

Agi doesnt make sense since machines arent agile.
    A range spec would be, since they would be relying more on guns, missiles, and explosives than robots. More like a gunner or a soldier.

Well there is no way to PREDICT the next class because Blizzard probably hasn't even decided on one yet. How do you leave clues to something you don't know?

And of course, if they decided they wanted to make five more classes that all used STR plate and were all pure healers, they could. They don't have to stick to any trends if they don't want to.

With numerous theories floating around about what the 12th class will be, I decided to show you guys some of the patterns I've noticed that has convinced me what type of class we're getting either this expansion or the one afterwards.

Pattern One: Mail Armor

The game lacks a third mail armor wearer. Since every other armor is used by 3 classes.

Pattern Two: Bows, Xbows, Guns

Only one class can use three types of weapons exclusively. That is highly irregular.
    Only one class can use spell plate as well. I don't think there's any design room for another bow/gun user that would be different enough from a Hunter.

Pattern Three: Class balance

The game is divided between pure, semi-hybrid, and hybrid. Pures are entirely DPS.
    Semi-hybrids have 2 similar specs, and one different spec. True hybrids can do all roles.

We have 4 pure classes, 4 semi-hybrids, and 3 true hybrids.
    Also, Blizzard has never added another "pure" DPS class, and doesn't seem very keen on the idea given that it just limits the new class to one role.

On the other hand, they have not added a single new ranged DPS spec to the game since release. Given how restrictive the game is on how many ranged vs. melee you can have that's kind of a problem. But I think it's just easier to think up melee classes when you're designing a fantasy game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    -snipe-
    My idea for Tinker.

Steam Warrior: Tank. Use a mecha-suit like how druids use bear form. Would also use steam as a resource.

Saper: Range DPS. They will be like a pet-less hunter. This will make some people happy as the seem to hate pets for some odd reason. Also bombs.

Potion Doc: Healing. Would use medical skills and crazy potions to heal and support. (Might need to rename this)
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-05-08 at 05:39 AM.

I wasn't picking and choosing. No other class can use bows or guns except for Hunters. Yeah Rogues and Warriors can equip them and shoot, but they would never use them in raids, groups, or pvp.
    Luckily that's gone now. Man, remember STR guns? How absurd that was!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Here is a hint to look out for: theme of the expansion.

That's the most important one.

Wrath of the Lich King: Death Knight
    Mists of Pandaria: Monk

possible Burning Legion-expansion: hmmm... I wonder which class would fit...

Which makes sense, because DKs and Warriors aren't switching to INT plate, and adding another plate wearing class would screw the loot tables. Thus, you're likely to see Holy go STR plate with a spell modifier ala DKs.

That situation however is far different than the situation with Mail armor and Ranged weapons.

Actually the distribution imbalance is with Mail, not intellect plate. Again, you can fix the INT plate imbalance easily. Only another mail-wearing class can fix the Mail imbalance. Only another ranged class can fix the ranged weapon imbalance.

And again, the only type of class we're missing is a 4th hybrid class. So you're going to need a class that can fit all of those gaps, and those classes DO exist.

Hahaha.. no. Let's take your logic for example:

"SPell plate can be fixed by str with modifiers"
    "Spell mail can't be fixed because it needs a new class"

No
    it
    does
    not

Spell modifiers. DONE!

Nindoriel, it has to be tinker! Op predicted Monk right, so he has to be right! /sarcasm

I assume something burning legion-ish. Kinda curious because they can go a lot of different ways with that.

I'd rather a second (at least) class/spec that uses int plate than anything else at this point. But we don't need another plate class. So maybe 4th specs ... ranged dps for pallies, healing for dks ... then another mail ranged physical class, don't care what the other specs are, besides at least one of them either tank or healing. Maybe ranged physical + tank + heals ??
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO no new class.

There isn't much of a unique combination of "roles" for a new class.

Blizzard can barely balance the existing number of classes as it is.

Who said anything about a metal body? Only robots or devices would be metal, and not all metal is as strong as plate. A tinker may use bronze or iron instead of steel to construct their machines. Besides, armor in the game sense is just what the character is wearing, not what its constructs are wearing.
    The picture you showed has a guy with a metal exoskeleton. One just looks like a mechwarrior. Also plate is not a metal. Plate is a shape metal is put into. It can be steel, or iron, or bronze, or copper, or titanium or whatever other metal you want to use.

If all the class does is make bots to do stuff it doesnt need armor at all except maybe for stamina. In that case it should use int plate for everything since only 1 spec uses it. The int can modify the bots damage as well as the crit and the haste could help make bots faster and have them attack faster. Spirit regens resources for the bots. Just making toys and pets to attack something seems pretty boring to me though. I dont eve like having to use a single pet for part of my damage.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 07:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Here is a hint to look out for: theme of the expansion.

That's the most important one.

Wrath of the Lich King: Death Knight
    Mists of Pandaria: Monk

possible Burning Legion-expansion: hmmm... I wonder which class would fit...
    This is the only real pattern. The gear the class uses just comes from what it is and what itemization Blizzard wants to put into the game.

I would love another bow class like the hunter, if they can't use a pet that's also acceptable. "Some" hunters just don't really like the pet concept I guess.
    I would love another mail class, no need to make it use intellect mail. My shaman will thank you later.
    I would love another class with a tank spec that will make people actually want to que dungeons with it. Seriously, we need more tanks.

What? You made the erroneous statement that only rogues can use daggers. I disproved your statement so what are you talking about?

The exact same is true for agi daggers. Yes, other classes than rogues can equip them. But they don't, and there is no reasonable scenario where it would be a good idea. You're really just digging yourself in deeper.

True, spell daggers are used by a bigger group. But those are a functionally different weapon type.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I disagree that there's a pattern three here. I think we can divide classes into 3 categories.

1. Vanilla. They're based on WC3 units/heroes, and were there from the start.

2. Stage-one Classes. Also based on WC3 units/heroes (DK = DK, Monk = Brewmaster). Added later and will bring every gear type to 3 users.

3. Stage-two Classes. These are classes mostly added on cool factor or because players want them. This is where we'd see stuff like Tinkerer and Bard.

The next new class will be a mail user, I'm certain. I also agree it'll likely have access to ranged weapons. My guess is Demon Hunter. It'll have a melee DPS spec, tanking spec, and ranged DPS spec. Guess which one will grant access to ranged weapons.

I like where you are going here, but lets remember that 1000 years ago at the last blizzcon when seeing the talent trees, a comment about being an elite class, was made, "mountian King" (this is actually a meta class in the table top)

Could we actually be looking at all the table top meta classes (there are freaking ton) being represented as potential builds in the current system? If thats so, Wouldn't the big chunk not used yet be where they will draw from?

I personally think all of WOW is drawn from the tabletop aspects and not much really pulls away form it, but w/e
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Every thread of conjecture about possible future classes tries way too hard.

Deleted
    Tauren and Nelf tinkers don't make a lot of sense. Troll, Worgen and Pandaren tinkers don't sing a beautiful song, but also don't have any obvious problems. Humans could go for a cool silver and brass steampunk warmachine theme- a bit like the Alliance steampships' feel. Rusty spiky dieselpunk for Orcs, a bit like Hellscream's fist and Horde Catapults. Goblins and Gnomes are obvious. Dwarves would be great. Forsaken would be awesome, especially if you gave it a frankenstein corpsecrafter twist. Belves could do it too, but you'd give 'em a magitech artificer feel, a construct mage. Draenei would be similar, but with holy draenic technology, floating crystals, relics, and whatnot. I kinda want to draw all of these.

It would be awesome, and the whole xpac needn't even revolve around the tinker class, it'd fit in well enough to any xpac. That said, debuting with Tinker would be nicely aligned with making Bilgewater Harbour a real city- basically an expansion of Orgrimmar- and by giving the Gnomes Gnomeregan back basically as an expansion of Ironforge.

Christ, how cool would an undead Tinker look with necrotech mechanical arms featuring disembodied undead claws, tubing, and bulbs of green fluid. A belf tinker looking something like a mage in an arcane guardian suit. A Draenei Tinker with blessed Draenite crystal fragments floating about a framework of Draenic technology. An Orc with a smoke spewing engine any spike studded seige aparratus strapped to him. A human who looks something like mechanical knight. A Dwarf with a brass boiled affixed with a keg of dwarved spirits, steam chimney, and heavy pistons. A goblin in a semi-harvester looking backpack. A gnome with a satellite dish and inspect gadget pop-out bits and bobs. Pandaren I guess could have an ale powered ornate rosewood, jade and gold mobile distillery with red or blue highlights depending on faction.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The pattern doesnt really fit monks since mail + ranged weapons would still have been the most logical choice for MoP if gear really mattered.
    It does. But it can be worked around so it isn't critical. as it is, with an Asian themed Xpac, the monk class was pretty much a given if a new class was being introduced. It may have fitted in with stereotypes a bit better as cloth, but can't have everything. Leather is acceptable for the archetype, and it fitted a design need for more classes to share leather.

Monks having 2 agi leather specs put them in a more saturated group. Str plate had 5 specs(dps, tank is separate), dps cloth had 7, and agi leather had 5. Int Plate, int mail, int leather, spirit cloth all have less specs than agi leather.
    Yes. And Spirit/INT leather? And the leather teir tokens - how many classes?

IDK but to me a tinker class doesnt fit anything currently in the game.
    As far as the game is concerned...wrong. Gnomes, Dwarves, Goblins, Draenei, Worgen are all technical.
    As far as a player class are concerned...thats a plus point.

Its not mail, a contructed metal body would be more like plate.
    Mail would affect the Tinker and it would be easy to suggest that damage represents some sort of feedback which damages the wearer. The Mecha itself would increase the players armor value but not replace it.

It wouldnt use int unless its magical but it seems mechanical.
    And gnomish priests are doctors and surgeons rather than magic users. They still cast spells and use INT gear.

EJL

All classes have their roots in WC3 heroes or units. This alone gives credence to Tinker or Ranger as possibilities.
    The problem I have with a Demon Hunter class, however, is that all of their abilities have basically been given to the Warlock, meaning you either rethink the concept of the Demon Hunter (triggering possible retcon outrages), or create a class that feels too similar, down to having identical skills and abilities. Furthermore, I'm curious what specs they would have, and how they would feel different lore-wise (beyond 'this one is a melee dps, this one uses ranged weapons, and this one is a spellcaster).
    Now giving Warlocks a Demon Hunter spec could potentially be very interesting. Though that would imply letting Night Elves be warlocks, which I'm not wholly opposed to, but I can imagine others would be.

Some other stuff I'd love to see happen:
    -Remove the pet from hunter's Marksmanship spec, making it a pure ranged class.
    -Make Survivalism a melee spec.
    Reason for the above is that hunter specs feel too similar to me. They're three ranged, pet-based specs, and from a 'feel' perspective are therefor interchangeable.
    -Change either the rogues' Assassination or Subtlety specs to a 'Sniper' spec (name debateable), turning it into a ranged stealth-based spec, solving the 'only one class uses ranged weapons' problem.
    Same problem. Rogue specs feel to same-y. Especially since two of them require the use of daggers to even work.
    -Give Holy Paladins a passive ability that gives them spellpower from Strength and mana regen from Stamina. Remove Int Plate.
    I have no idea why this hasn't been done yet.
    -Add a Tinker Class
    Because f- yeah Tinkers.
    Last edited by Lynneiah; 2013-05-08 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The exact same is true for agi daggers. Yes, other classes than rogues can equip them. But they don't, and there is no reasonable scenario where it would be a good idea. You're really just digging yourself in deeper.
    Actually, such a scenario can occur if youre a Druid or a shaman and the dagger is higher than your staff or other weapon. And yeah, I'm talking about AGI daggers.

It's not the same as ranged weapons which provide no DPS benefit to any class but hunters.

True, spell daggers are used by a bigger group. But those are a functionally different weapon type.
    You do understand that any bow, any Xbow, and any gun can only be effectively used by one class?

Thats hundreds of weapons that only one class can use.

Warriors and rogues can use bows, guns, and crossbows.

Again, you're picking and choosing. They may not be effective in the least bit when they use them, but they can be. Just like, as you pointed out, feral druids can be with daggers.
    Last edited by Myzou; 2013-05-08 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Yes. And Spirit/INT leather? And the leather teir tokens - how many classes?
    If that was the case then monks would have more than one spec using int leather but they dont. The class was implemented as a tanking spec from WC3 and the others were added on. Tier tokens arent broken up by armor types. They were already unbalanced and still are.

Vanq - 4 druid, 1 rogue, 2 DK, 1 mage = 8 total sets
    Conq - 3 pally, 1 warlock, 2 priest = 6 total sets
    Prot - 1 hunter, 3 shaman, 2 warrior = 6 total sets

Prot now has 9 total sets. If there is a new class it will be added on to the conq token assuming they keep the same token system.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 06:23 PM ----------

You do understand that any bow, any Xbow, and any gun can only be effectively used by one class?

Thats hundreds of weapons that only one class can use.
    They should just remove guns and xbows from the game. One is loud and annoying and the other is dull. I do support another class using bows in an archer like manner, without pets because I want to play that class/spec. Tinker wouldnt do it for me. It would be likely to use guns but not bows, increasing the amount of guns in the game which I also wouldnt like.