I May Be Late...

But I am still here to state why I had left SWTOR months prior, and even with the new expansion and several of my friends joining that I will not ever consider playing this game again.

For one simple reason, Bioware displayed complete disrespect for the lore by making the Mask of Nihilus available as a powerless item through the Cartel.

When I first saw that I was astounded at such a display of ignorance pertaining to the lore.

"This mask was considered to be a Sith artifact that encouraged the wearers to slowly destroy themselves for greater power. The lost mask of Darth Nihilus was imbued with the dark energy of the Sith Lord, allowing any who wore the ghost-white mask the power to wield the Force as if they were an apprentice." Courtesy of Wookieepedia

So why did Bioware completely ignore this when deciding to throw this lore artifact in the game as something acquired from the Cartel? It could have been implemented in a much more worthy manner, but I suppose when they announced F2P that they decided to completely ignore the lore and cater to the crowds wanting cool stuff for money.

Although I am sure that several other lore artifacts have been treated with such disregard, as a particular fan of Darth Nihilus and his lore I was completely put off by this.

This is the case that drove me to quit, as a loyal fan of Star Wars and of its lore and a fan of the work done in KOTOR II in spite of its rushed shortcomings - this was absolutely disgusting to me. I should have posted this several months ago, but with my friends trying to pester me into playing I knew that this had to be brought up someway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed. This thread is just going to result in nothing but negativity. There are already threads full of posts about the lore being disregarded. Just trying to keep these forums as positive as possible!