yogg 25 0 lights solo?

any shaman here solo or tried to solo this fight?

just wondering before i try it myself and if its possible some tips

Deleted
    Can't really do it as a shaman sorry...even Blood DKs and Prot Pally can have a tough time. Even if you could with the best gear in the game, it would be insanely difficult.

So what mechanic(s) prevent a shaman from soloing it, and what allows Pallies and DKs to do it?

I don't think it's soloable. You just get chained 'Malady' and your insanity drops to 0 fast. Maybe next expansion? Or am i sorely mistaken?

ya that is my question, if "malady" is what makes this supposedly impossible for me to solo.. why can other classes do it? its not like malady is class specific.

The hard part that makes it difficult is phase 3, where you start getting tons of adds that don't die and are healed to full health. Tanks use the vengeance they gain from doing so to deal enough damage to Yogg to kill him. Most other classes would probably die at this part.

Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    The hard part that makes it difficult is phase 3, where you start getting tons of adds that don't die and are healed to full health. Tanks use the vengeance they gain from doing so to deal enough damage to Yogg to kill him. Most other classes would probably die at this part.
    >the whole point of vengeance is so tanks don't fall brutally behind in the tug-o-war that is threat mechanics
    >they can beat an encounter that dps can not because of dps

This is like some kind of backward circular logic or something.

The reason you likely couldn't solo zero yogg is sanity, nothing to do with dps. One good (not even great) dps is capable of pushing roughly what an entire raid could back them by themselves, if not more.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

ok, just tried, for people who dont know

malady doesnt effect you below 25 sanity, so malady is not the problem.

the problem is indeed the adds, i didnt know they decide to regen to full health randomly and decide to spank my ass. so ill just have to practice on my blood DK now lol

edit : 1000th post, only took 4 years.. CAKE FOR ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    ok, just tried, for people who dont know

malady doesnt effect you below 25 sanity, so malady is not the problem.

the problem is indeed the adds, i didnt know they decide to regen to full health randomly and decide to spank my ass. so ill just have to practice on my blood DK now lol

edit : 1000th post, only took 4 years.. CAKE FOR ALL!
    Yogg casts a buff on the adds when they get low health that heals all enemies within X yards, so you have to be outside melee range of yogg while tanking the adds. The only way you can solo him at this point is being tank specced, tanking the adds to get vengeance and throw ranged attacks at yogg with 100-150k vengeance.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    if mionelol can't do it, you CAN'T.

Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    Yogg casts a buff on the adds when they get low health that heals all enemies within X yards, so you have to be outside melee range of yogg while tanking the adds. The only way you can solo him at this point is being tank specced, tanking the adds to get vengeance and throw ranged attacks at yogg with 100-150k vengeance.
    Just drag em out when the shadow beacon gets applied, dont need to just be ranged perma.

I might have to try this on my warlock, for all intents and purposes, it should be a cake walk since I can keep the adds at range and continue to own Yogg. 522 warlock is a force to be reconed with. The only reason I can't solo heroic lich king is because of the damn flying adds at the end.

Uhg, all those debuffs though

;_;

Ah well, good call about the Malady, i had forgotten it only spams you till you're at like 35 sanity.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Deleted
    Yogg 25 is impossible with 4 lights, let alone 0...the only spell you can use to hit the constrictors is UE, and on 25-man they have too much HP to one-shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Yogg 25 is impossible with 4 lights, let alone 0...the only spell you can use to hit the constrictors is UE, and on 25-man they have too much HP to one-shot them.
    you talking about the brain room? i 1 shot them heh, everything was easy until phase 3 when i got raped by adds

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    >the whole point of vengeance is so tanks don't fall brutally behind in the tug-o-war that is threat mechanics
    >they can beat an encounter that dps can not because of dps

This is like some kind of backward circular logic or something.

The reason you likely couldn't solo zero yogg is sanity, nothing to do with dps. One good (not even great) dps is capable of pushing roughly what an entire raid could back them by themselves, if not more.
    All tanks healing is based off of AP so when you have absurd vengance you have insane damage AND healing on top of being a tank.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zdignity View Post
    if mionelol can't do it, you CAN'T.
    http: //www .twitch.tv /slootbag /c /2239431

Yogg 25 + 0 is already soloed, by Slootbag (maintank in Midwinter) he is a pally thought, as a shammy i think it is impossible, but just cuz some can´t do it doesn´t mean that others can´t, mionelol isn´t the only one that can pull off awesome solos

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    The problem as a DPS spec would probably be p3, as a blood DK p3 is pretty faceroll as long as you don't mess up p2. I oneshotted it this week without issues at all, and as far as I know hunters can do it as well (DK - Hunter), and it seems like paladins too according to the post above.

The immortal guardians melee pretty hard at full HP and all get healed by Yogg at regular intervals (unless you can pull crazy taunt shenanigans - as a shaman you won't), so you either need crazy AoE or to be able to tank them all while at full HP for a little while.
    Omfg It's Mionelol! - Effing LOVE THIS FORUM!! /salute!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    you talking about the brain room? i 1 shot them heh, everything was easy until phase 3 when i got raped by adds
    Nope, the tentacles that grab you in p2 and you can't hit them with anything except UE and pets/magma totem (ineffective and/or too long cd).

(and that's before you consider the 10000 undispellable debuffs that make the fight look like an arena match)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-05-12 at 10:40 AM.