Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    I've been kicked for literally soloing a dungeon on my mw monk. I got "I'm the tank I have to pull" and it is garbage. If you have a 528 ilvl healer with you and you pull 1 mob at a time, it's just disrespectful. If you can't keep up I could careless. When I'm doing 50%+ the damage and tanking everything why would you kick someone like that?
    Just because you can break the game's intended mechanics doesn't mean it should become the de facto standard. I don't care what kind of special snowflake you are, but all snowflakes have one point in common: they melt when exposed to heat.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Why do bads get so mad when somebody solos a dungeon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Can you please stop telling us how fast you would have kicked him?
    As far as I know the tanks role is to hold aggro, and soak damage. At what part does it say that they are the ones who HAVE to do the pulls?
    Why was the TAUNT ability invented? It was given to tanks, so they could pick a target off another player to make the target focus on the tank.

How many of you remember when you had hunters or other ranged dps pulling a mob, so the tank could TAUNT the target off him?
    I bet you don't.

Justifying the kick by saying the tank is the one who is supposed to do the pulls, is wrong.

Justifying the kick by saying that he slowed down the group, was a hindrance and annoyed you by doing something that was not in favor for the group, is correct.

You did the first.
    I played many years as a tank, and now I play a mage mainly and also an alt tank. And I can say non-tank pulls must be the most annoying thing for a tank other than misdirects. Taunt is a single target ability with a 8 sec cooldown, not enough for multiple packs. And yes tank must be the one pulling mobs not DPS. DPS, with the name stands for it, is responsible of killing mobs not pulling them. Tanks with decent experience always know how many mobs then can tank properly and how to use aoe abilities with a good efficiency. A few extra mobs can easily brake this and make things harder for both tank and healer. I must admit, what mage was doing was probably fun for him, but when its annoying for others, its stupid. Also, he refused to coordinate with others so kick was pretty proper in this situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    Was I in the right in this situation?
    Yes, the very simple rule to live by is "if you can't tank it, then don't pull it"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Why do bads get so mad when somebody solos a dungeon?
    If you wanna solo it, fly to the dungeon, enter it via the portal, and solo it. Let those who want to queue and play by normal standards do it.

10m players out there, not just one...
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denigrate View Post
    He probably wanted to clear the instances faster. I bet he was top DPS and OP just failed to mention.
    Of course he wanted to do it faster - and he might have been top DpS, but why does that make it okay? Just because you do top DpS doesn't automatically give you special rights.

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    If you wanna solo it, fly to the dungeon, enter it via the portal, and solo it. Let those who want to queue and play by normal standards do it.

10m players out there, not just one...
    Or you could quit whining and let the guy that can speed up your run from 20 minutes to 10 minutes do his thing, and you might learn a thing or two in the process. That's one player boosting four for free!

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    Of course he wanted to do it faster - and he might have been top DpS, but why does that make it okay? Just because you do top DpS doesn't automatically give you special rights.
    It does really, especially in 5 mans when you can LITERALLY solo most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    <3 how people saying "Tanks don't need to pull, just taunt off me". Such a ridiculous concept its hilarious. Saying "Oh we used Hunter's back in Vanilla" is just as foolish, they added MD for a reason you know?

As for why you should now let tank pull? Little something called Vengeance, tank doesn't get hit, then he doesn't get increasd atack power. Your herpderp dps, especially in levelling, is usually feck all compared to a powered up Vengeance tank, so again that argument is rendered useless.

Can people please at least *try* and think?
    "Yesterday, I did LFD with a tank DK guildie. we got into Scholomance heroic."

"Your herpderp dps, especially in levelling"

" Can people please at least *try* and think?"

Deleted
    as a tank my self, (a real one..) i bloddy HATE ninjapullers like that, but yes, i usely just /sit down and watch the fun if he/she pulls and watch them die while they freak out

Same with those who are continuesly overaggroing etc..

Anymore if I run a 5 man with guildies, we just go with a no tank run and just blow stuff up. If that pisses people off, meh.

On another note I am leveling a second DK, I queue tank/dps and when I get dps I end up tanking everything anyway. I don't take any damage in the BC dungeons so whats the point of waiting for the tank. Had a tank yell at me to stop pulling if I can't keep aggro on stuff... no one died and we finished the instance faster, so whats the problem.

Also if I do actually tank and a DPS pulls for me, 0 fucks are given. I hit it once and regain aggro, then continue pulling whole rooms at a time.

If a tank cries because you pull for him in WoW, that tank is bad. It's not hard to get mobs back off of horny DPS.

Can you please stop telling us how fast you would have kicked him?
    As far as I know the tanks role is to hold aggro, and soak damage. At what part does it say that they are the ones who HAVE to do the pulls?
    Why was the TAUNT ability invented? It was given to tanks, so they could pick a target off another player to make the target focus on the tank.

How many of you remember when you had hunters or other ranged dps pulling a mob, so the tank could TAUNT the target off him?
    I bet you don't.

Justifying the kick by saying the tank is the one who is supposed to do the pulls, is wrong.

Justifying the kick by saying that he slowed down the group, was a hindrance and annoyed you by doing something that was not in favor for the group, is correct.

You did the first.
    The tanks job is as you have said, however to soak damage they must get agro. A single taunt, most of the time, doesn't help. I'd have kicked him too - In fact I kick a lot of people who do the same when I tank. Them pulling to make things faster only slows things down. If I don't get agro (enjoy having a Frost DK pull for you and not stop mashing HB), I don't get vengeance, which means I don't do a lot of DPS and things die slower. It's especially annoying when they pull and run away trying not to die.

Yesterday I had a Lock keep pulling for me, I asked him not to, he pulled - he died. Right after that I had a 520 IL Frost DK keep pulling for me (was terrible, but HB spam is still enough). I asked him not to pull, I got a sarcastic reply, he also died.

I chain pull heroics like I'm boosting someone in Deadmines. People should start killing what I have on me rather than something else, they might go faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    Yesterday, I did LFD with a tank DK guildie. we got into Scholomance heroic. I was the healer. one of the DPS was a fire mage. he wasn't a bot, because he was actually talking.

right away, that mage started pulling trash, either bodypulling or scorching it. he even pulled trash when the tank already pulled the boss, at which point I told him "to stop pulling trash", to which he replied "calm down and heal". when the first boss just died, he also pulled the other skeleton we didn't had to pull. I asked him to stop pulling again in the corridor after the first boss.

This got old pretty fast. he pulled an extra mob on the trash before Lilian Voss, and the resto of us went and pulled the boss while he managed to solo that trash mob.

however, we got the last laugh. right as we killed Slate, he pulled one of those student packs using scorch. he died nearly instantly. we finished off the trash pack, then I asked him "why shouldn't we kick you?" and "1 good reason and you can stay". the tank guildie said "maybe we can let him kill himself a few more times for his repair bill." he said "rez me and i'll kill myself again". I didn't buy it though and votekicked him. I think he deserved it. After the instance, the tank said that mage was really annoying him.

Was I in the right in this situation? I told him multiple times to stop pulling trash, and he kept going. Isn't this one of the few morally justifiable reasons to votekick someone, if they aren't listening and are hindering the group?.
    Of course you were. You were 100% justified in kicking him, 100% justified (as the healer) to ask him to stop making your job harder, and as the tank's friend, you are 100% justified in having his back when this guy was making HIS job harder too.

The vote kick system was implemented to deal with turds like this guy. I'd like to believe that flushing him down the toilet where he belonged taught him a lesson, but you and I know that isn't true.

I bet you don't.
    I do. I also remember that the only reason for that was that tanks (read; warriors back in that day) didn't have a ranged pull and bodypulling usually meant ending up with a few more packs than you intended. Moreover, I also remember that during that same time tank threat wasn't as overpowered as it is now, which meant that this only happened when it was absolutely neccesary as it meant hell for a tank to get threat on mobs he didn't get hit by.

Your other arguments (i.e. 'taunt exists to taunt!') aren't really the reason tanks want to do the pulling themselves. Sure, if a dps pulls a single mob, it's easy enough to taunt it off him. The problem is that in most cases this isn't about pulling a single mob, but packs of mobs.

Situation A:
    - Tank pulls pack, builds some AoE threat
    - People start dps'ing/AoEing, pack goes down.
    - Done.

Situation B:
    - Mage pulls pack and nukes mob 1, which goes for him.
    - The warrior dps runs in and starts cleaving, getting aggro on melee mobs 2 and 3.
    - The casters of the pack (mobs 4 and 5) are standing in the back, initially shooting at the mage. He needs some healing, so now the healer has top threat on them and gets fireballs in his face.

Meanwhile, you have a tank with 0 vengeance who can taunt mob 1, hopefully can cleave on mobs 2/3 to gain threat before they kill the warrior while on his way to mobs 4/5 to prevent from the healer getting nuked. You know, that healer that's trying to keep up that mage, warrior and himself while the tank, and who hopefully isn't too busy topping off the rest of the raid when the tank actually DOES get all the mobs back under control and starts taking significant damage.

I can't think of a single reason you would prefer the chaos of situation B over the simple straightforward clear that you get when the tank can pull. The only ranged DPS that can get away with pulling would be a hunter MD'ing to a tank but even this is usually not preferable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I don't think people realize that for some people 5 mans are a way of practicing their skills. This means that for some it might be practicing how to tank/pull or how to heal, or how to dps.

It's incredibly annoying when a dps (or a healer (or a tank)) decides to take on some role which isn't theirs to fulfill.

Sure, you can probably get away with it. Sure you can tank stuff as a dps class in 5 mans and not die, because, well, 5 mans aren't that hard. But it leaves other roles in the group unable to fill theirs properly.
    and the only thing to practice in a 5 man as a tank is to pull faster or to pick up mobs you didn't pull yourself, so if a dps pulls for you, they're just helping you out really.

likewise the only thing for a healer to practice is keeping everyone alive, so if someone else pulls and takes a bit of dmg, they're just helping you practice keeping them alive.

Deleted
    When I'm healing a dungeon I pull for the tank because usually they are taking little to no damage and I'm just bored and looking for something to heal. I just position myself behind him/her so that the mobs running towards me get picked up by the tanks cleave and by this point I can usually tell what would be too much for the tank to take so I don't overpull.

Though I guess if I was told to stop I would.

OT: The fact you told him multiple times to stop and he didn't listen justifies the kick imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Was speaking in general regarding dungeons, but hey, keep on rambling and prattling. It's amusing.
    You replied regarding leveling in dungeons in a thread about heroics.

Or do you ACTUALLY get outdps'd by a tank at 90? lol.

Therefore I am rambling and prattling.

Ok.

Move along son.

I play the game to enjoy myself. As a tank, I like the experience of seeing a giant pack of mobs all focusing on me, being melted down slowly by my party's AoE. It makes me feel like I'm contributing.

A hotshot dps going ahead of me and pulling is telling me that he doesn't need or want me in the dungeon. I get that. He doesn't want to play in a way that lets me enjoy the dungeon. So I react by making sure that we don't share the dungeon. My ignore list is big enough. Either he leaves or I leave. The other 3 people in the dungeon can decide. Sometimes that means I leave, I'm OK with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    The majority of people who make threads like this pull like snails, so I would probably side with the Mage who was doing a lot of damage and wanting to finish ASAP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Move along son.
    Look out everyone, we have a badass here!