Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Introduction of Med'an

Hi, recently I created a topic about designing my ideal raid but while writing it I realized that the story with it that I made was really kinda cool so I'd like to share it with you and make it more complex and with more details, feel free to add your opinions on it.

The patch would be called "Secrets of the Past" (think 6.1+) and the purpose of this patch would be to make players go back and deal with one major problem that was long forgotten but has recently come to the light. The famous Order of Tirisfal was a secret circle of the most powerful wizards on the Azeroth and as we all know, Medivh was the last guardian and member of the order - but! that's not true anymore. After a long chain quest with Wrathion, players find out that a long time ago, there was a traitor in the ranks of the order, he was secretly working with demons and he was casted out by the mighty Aegwynn herself, but she didn't manage to kill him, he fled and as other major dangers unearthed on Azeroth, he was forgotten and never dealt with. Though his magic and connections were strong enough for him to built a mansion somewhere far far away from both the living and the undead and he began to plot a sinister revenge on Aegwynn and the rest of the order. It took him many years, as the time went, he manipulated many events on the Azeroth in his favor (for example he helped Onyxia to get into Stormwind's keep, he was the one that financed the westfall rebellions, he helped with Varian kidnapping etc.) and most importantly, he grew stronger and because Aegwynn (and then also Medivh) dissappeared he decided to focus his hate on the next most powerful wizard in Azeroth - Med'an, the son of Medivh and the grandson of Aewgynn. With the help of Garrosh (thats right, he knew where Med'an was hiding and he helped this traitorous member of the order to kidnap and imprison Med'an for exchange of 2 or 3 elite monsters/mercenaries for the Siege of Orgrimmar, golds etc. So now, we are given task by Wrathion to visit newly founded Order of Tirisfal (Jaina's new faction by the way) and we finally decide to put en end to this dark wizard. But first, we need to rescue Med'an, because he is the only one who is powerful enough to join forces with Jaina and defeat this bad guy. How do we do that? Dailies of course! Few stages (like the brilliant Isle of Thunder stages) with the final event of freeing Med'an and beginning an assault on the "Mansion of Darkness" (name of the raid).

Lets wrap - New Faction, The Order of Tirisfal (leader Jaina Proudmoore and Med'an), New Raid - Mansion of Darkness, Long quest chain with the possible legendary "something" potencial, good chunk of lore (imho of course), new facts about the major historical events revealed AND it fits with the Burning Legion theme which is most probably the next expansion main theme.

So, what do you think guys?
    Last edited by Crysis; 2013-05-09 at 01:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    More jaina, wrathion and med'an entering wow ? No thanks.

The only way i can see me'dan being introduced into WoW is one of demon generals having banner made out of his skin.

I like to pretend that Med'an doesn't exist. The game has enough textbook Mary Sues as it is.

If he was to appear in the game, retcon his death as a baby and eventually reveal that the person who everyone thinks is Med'an is actually Nyarlathotep in disguise. We can call him Nyarly in the game. Oh yeah, he is also Silas Darkmoon and the darkmoon balloons have the power to mind control people. He helps us to defeat N'zoth in the form of Med'an, while secretly working against us the whole time for his own amusement.

http://www.pleasefund.us/

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, guess I forgot how much people actually hate this character ... though I have never really understood why. He might be little bit "over-the-top" in the comics, but he could be pretty awesome in the actual game, and just how else do you guys plan on killing Sargeras anyway? Swords and bows?

Med'an is going to appear either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    and just how else do you guys plan on killing Sargeras anyway? Swords and bows?
    The gnomes will build a titan of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    The gnomes will build a titan of their own.
    And it will fall to ground as they turn it on.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like to pretend that Med'an doesn't exist. The game has enough textbook Mary Sues as it is.
    This.
    /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Med'an is a horrible Mary Sue. The only way I ever want to see him in the game is if he appears JUST long enough to be killed. Preferably in a violent and humiliating fashion.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And it will fall to ground as they turn it on.
    That is condescending.

All that is needed is an entity similar to Ra-den that we can pump for anima while collecting the vita with lightning rods. Synthetic solutions can also be experimented with.

Deleted
    There is no mention of Me- I mean "I won't even write that name" in game, so it does not exists. And I really prefer it that way.

Why? Because it's childishly overpowered shamageadin. (And one third of it is orc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    That is condescending.

All that is needed is an entity similar to Ra-den that we can pump for anima while collecting the vita with lightning rods. Synthetic solutions can also be experimented with.

And how are you plan on enslaving said entity ? I doubt whole gnomish race would be able to even stratch ra-den, and he definately wanst the strongest guy around.

Med'an Needs to either go kapoof or be put into the game to die a horrible horrible death. I read the comic and to say the least, jesus never again i think it gave me cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And how are you plan on enslaving said entity ? I doubt whole gnomish race would be able to even stratch ra-den, and he definately wanst the strongest guy around.
    The gnomes are far more technologically oriented than the mogu are. We'll find a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gnomes are far more technologically oriented than the mogu are. We'll find a way.
    With or without killing 90% of your race in process ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    id like me'dan to be a boss in some instance and when defeated we loot his head and his body explodes into infinitely small pieces

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see now how this was a baaaaad idea.

The "technology" of the gnomes is nothing but useless trinkets behind fake marketing. World Enlarger? Really?

Mogu on the other hand managed to become immortal and transcend flesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Order of Tirisfal entering into action? Yes of course, is a must. Med'an? If there is no choice ...

Jaina having to do with the order? Not at all, she has enough by being the leader of the Kirin Tor and so co-leader of the Alliance.
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-05-09 at 03:02 PM.

Let the Guardians of Tirisfal plot thread DIE already! Medivh was supposed to be the last guardian! He even states in WC 3's ending the world doesn't need guardians anymore. And his book is even titled the LAST Guardian. Come up with something new blizzard and don't try and cling to Medivh's awesomeness and end up ruining him. Even with his shamagadin 3-race mix heritage thing aside, the fact that he's the son of Medivh and Garona is enough to make me want to strangle the man who wrote that comic.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    This.
    /10chars
    Can't you just say "I agree with this" instead of typing this dumb /chars thing?