Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Ohwell I guess they can enjoy their awful gear and missing special hard mode only bosses and mounts. sucks for them.'

Atleast the sub drop means the Argus legion expansion is even more likely. I likes me some demon killing.
    Wow, i was trying to have a good discussion with you, and you proved in one foul swoop how much of a d-bag you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Yep.

And?
    You are just trolling at this point

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    If you say this to the average person every week whats gonna happen? They'll quit.

In a progressive guild like your own, yes, you could say that to a raider. But when the people you pick up are randoms, you can only cycle through them so much before you have to call it. Eventually, people will get tired of having to replace others and just quit the raid, its simple.

But as Keny said, IFR has A LOT to do with this. I remember doing normal mode MSV for the first time and being amazed on how worse LFR made me.
    This is because noone is bringing a defined strat. I could easily teach and lead a group through normal kills. I've done it before to guilds stuck in 10 man N HoF

Deleted
    ... wait, you want an even EASIER raid dificulty than LFR?

Sure, just make it so you need to get 40 ppl and the moment you enter you automatically get 6 Epix per wing without doing anything. Easy enough for you?

Srsly, if you lack the brain capacity to handle 3+ abilities on the encounter, than raiding isn't for you. -_-

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I saw this idea the official forums a week or so again, and was really interested in it.

Everyone knows that Blizzard releases a raid, makes normal mode semi-difficult, then nerfs the raid by 10-20% at the next tier, so casuals and less experienced guilds can pug/run them. But how about, instead of doing this nerf, Blizzard releases a fourth raid difficulty alongside there raids, an easy mode.

Easy mode will essentially be the instance after its nerfed 20%, but released alongside normal and heroic. This ensures two things:
    1) Raids don't have to be nerfed
    2) Pugs can happen as the raid is relevant.

The gear could be in between LFR and Normal gear. The difficulty will be above LFR and below Normal (Obv). It is pretty much normal mode, but you can do it with worse gear/slightly less coordination.

I can't see what problem people would have with this, as it takes almost no time to implement. TBH, I miss the days of Wrath pugging the first half of Uld and ICC. Same thing doesn't happen now a days with ToT, or even MSV. Pugs are there, but they are rarer. There needs to be a middle ground for people who legitimately don't have enough time to follow a raid schedule, but wan't more to raiding than the botfest that is LFR.
    First, not sure how you define casuals (I consider myself casual and I am 12/12 normal), but LFR is designed for those who don't have time for organized raids or don't have the ability (for whatever reason) to deal with complex raid mechanics/standing in fire, etc.

Second, raid nerfs help less-skilled raiders overcome challenging content. It compensates for a raids' inability to plan/execute a successful strategy to beat a given raid bosses abilities/mechanics. Take Horridon as an example. It is an easy fight IF you set up an interrupt rotation. The rest is just avoiding puddles, killing the correct mobs first on a particular door and managing Horridon's charges. Without proper interrupts, you will have an extremely hard time killing this boss. All this easy mode/20% nerf does is allow you to over gear the raid mechanics.

There are very few gear check/dps check fights that might make an EZ Mode useful, the rest is just planning and practice.

Note: there are plenty of fights that I could't not do pre-nerf. I am not bashing on less-skilled raiders because on many fights I am one. I am just making an observation of why guilds can't down content and how EZ mode isn't a good/necessary solution.

TL;DR: LFR = EZ Mode. Nerfs let you overgear content and reduces the penalty from failing at challenging raid mechanics.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I would like to see it but I doubt we ever will. I would like to keep heroic as it is now, normal as it is now, maybe some bosses it can be harder then introduce a new difficulty that is similar to LFR difficulty but something you can get a group of 10 friends together for example and do 10 man ToT and LFR difficulty and the loot can even be on par with LFR to. The reason I feel this way is because I know of plenty of guilds that are slow progressing and don't have the highest skilled team that struggle to get the first couple of bosses after months. They are good people but just not great raiders so an easier mode for them I think would be nice since normal ToT is so overtuned, on 10 man at least (imo), than a normal mode should be

Deleted
    A cliche but true answer:

LFR is easy mode.

Wow, i was trying to have a good discussion with you, and you proved in one foul swoop how much of a d-bag you are.
    No I'm just providing my opinion. If it offends you and you disagree that is what debates are about.

Deleted
    And the world moves on
    Yes, "and people starve" as the saying goes.

If blizzard wants to make money with wow as they have been, yes there should be something for average players to do. If blizzard wants subs to continue to crater they should be carrying on as they are.

HC AND normal raiding will be the next thing to go, of course. It'll be all LFR, all the time. Bobby will demand it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    ... wait, you want an even EASIER raid dificulty than LFR?

Sure, just make it so you need to get 40 ppl and the moment you enter you automatically get 6 Epix per wing. Easy enough for you?

Srsly, if you lack the brain capacity to handle 3+ abilities on the encounter, than raiding isn't for you. -_-
    He dont want a difficulty below LFR; he wants one above LFR but below normal. Normals is fine in organised groups, its just a tad pug unfriendly at the moment.

It will get more friendly when the next tier comes out and they put the debuff nerf on all of the mobs in the instance.
    That one retired mage.
    http://dotabuff.com/players/75546158 Main DotA account
    http://dotabuff.com/players/135984949 Secondary DotA account

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not needed, but the normal mode needs to be a bit easier.

I don't think the problem for many casuals is the difficulty. It's getting 10 people together at the same time to raid on a regular basis.

I think LFR is probably better suited to their needs.

Deleted
    You are just trolling at this point[COLOR="red"]
    Not at all, if you have several million people paying you for stuff to do, you make stuff for them to do. Business 101 - you make for your customers, you don't make whatever product you want to make and then stand there expecting your customers to adapt to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Yes, "and people starve" as the saying goes.

If blizzard wants to make money with wow as they have been, yes there should be something for average players to do. If blizzard wants subs to continue to crater they should be carrying on as they are.

HC AND normal raiding will be the next thing to go, of course. It'll be all LFR, all the time. Bobby will demand it.
    WoW isn't gonig to last forever. I'm sure it will be fine another 3 expansions before it goes into limbo

Deleted
    WoW isn't gonig to last forever. I'm sure it will be fine another 3 expansions before it goes into limbo
    Not really responsive.

Which is worrisome, because soon there may be a point were Blizzard simply says, 'It's dying, take out of it what we can' and makes extreme changes to make sure they remain at a steady sub base.

Normal should be tuned for average players. Heroic should be tuned for "good" players. Blizzard has continued to make that mistake since Cata except Dragon Soul by making normal a bit too hard for average players. LFR should be tuned for non organized random groups. An organized average guild should be able to reasonably clear normal modes.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-05-09 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of that addon hmm.

But anyways, it wouldn't take any resources. Its literally Blizzard releasing a nerfed version of the raid so the normal mode can remain untouched. Idk i liked it lol.
    Openraid.org is the website he was referring to not an addon.

LFR is easy mode. Normal is for people with only moderate skills at not sucking, and heroics are for the gamers. It's fine as it is and doesn't need changing.

lfr is to raiding what training wheels are to cycling. you want something easier than that ?
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

No. I don't see how that would do us any good in the long run.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa