Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    I personally do like how Rome 2 looks...but I also use mods, which include ones that change the lighting, that yellow-ish filter that's over most everything, the color tone of armor and the like, etc.
    "I like how Rome 2 looks, after altering most of it"
    Last edited by Wilian; 2015-02-19 at 05:05 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

has there been any news about the warhammer total war minus the leaked blurb about it from the creative assmebly art book?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    "I like how Rome 2 looks, after altering most of it"
    Heh, pretty much.

To be fair, it's more a collection of tweaks rather than an overhaul, and I don't hate the vanilla look...

But yeah, outside of the look of cities and such - which is something I quite like (fighting in an actual city>fighting in a fort/stronghold) - I find it takes the modded version for it to have that same overall visual appeal that Shogun 2 does right out of the box.

gonna wait for them to release the first major patch first before I buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    has there been any news about the warhammer total war minus the leaked blurb about it from the creative assmebly art book?
    Not really, nothing more known other than the project exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Medieval 2 and would have to say its still my favorite. Coming right after it though would have to be Fall of the Samurai. I don't know what it was but that game really clicked for me. Personally I keep hoping for some blend of Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis and Total War. I still haven't picked up Attila despite being a Byz-fan and I'm not sure I ever will. Rome 2 was just such a huge disappointment that I've really lost all the good will CA had built up with me since the first Medieval game.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I loved Medieval 2 and would have to say its still my favorite. Coming right after it though would have to be Fall of the Samurai. I don't know what it was but that game really clicked for me. Personally I keep hoping for some blend of Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis and Total War. I still haven't picked up Attila despite being a Byz-fan and I'm not sure I ever will. Rome 2 was just such a huge disappointment that I've really lost all the good will CA had built up with me since the first Medieval game.
    I would honestly class Atilla as Crusader Kings lite mixed in with Total War.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My only problem with fall of the samurai is the pacing. I think the map would have been more interesting if the gun units came out a little slower. All the traditional units are pretty useless 10 rounds into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    My only problem with fall of the samurai is the pacing. I think the map would have been more interesting if the gun units came out a little slower. All the traditional units are pretty useless 10 rounds into the game.
    They are not useless at all, they are just a lot harder to use. All you have to do with modern infantry is put them in a line and wait for the enemy army to die. Traditional units need to get into melee range first, but once they do, they tear through everything. They are also cheaper, from what I remember, and obviously they don't require nearly as much tech, so you can build up a large army quickly, which is just not possible with modern army. So the strategy for the traditional faction is just zerging everything and expanding ASAP, while the modern units are still a lot weaker than traditional ones. Meanwhile modern factions can take their time, expand very slowly, build up tech, save up money and then go for a blitz.

Just completely different approaches, which is mostly why Fall of the Samurai is a lot better than original Shogun 2 in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Its almost like in real history...

Deleted
    i don't really have a favourite total war game. first one i played in the series was empire, then rome2, then i went back and played the others. least favourite was shogun, didn't like this one at all :x
    for the campaign, i find rome2 much more enjoyable than the older ones, i prefer how it's all streamlined and easier to understand it all and the way armies work, but for battles my favourite is medieval2 and rome1