A players good bye to the game.

Tonight i decided to cancel my subscription with a tear in the cornor of my eye. Saying good bye to a game you've loved and played for many years is not easy. It is not because i think the game sucks or has gone too casual. It is simply time for me to move on to other things in life but World of Warcraft won't follow me anymore.

The game was a huge part of my daily life for several years.

When i started to play back in The burning crusade the game was still brand new to me and the immersion i got when i leveled through all the different zones was so amazing i instantly got hooked on the game. I could play hours and it would feel like seconds. I'd make several characters just to try the same zones again and again.

Eventually i reached lvl 70 after hundreds of hours doing all sorts of random funny things like exploring the world on my 60% ground speed mount, or just paying a lvl 70 5gold to run me through an instance.

I did some raiding in groups found in the city chats and killed Gruul the dragon killer. I fought my way through the damned tower of Karazhan. I killed several servants of Lady Vashj. I fought the trolls in Zul'Aman and slew Zul'jin.

After these small, yet amazing adventures i got hooked on raiding. I started to look into the raiding scene and was amazed by the world first raiders. Since that day i dreamed of becoming one of them. Part of the best guild on the server, representing all of its raiders. I wanted to get those realm first kills aswell as a world first kill. I wanted to be the best geared on the server. I wanted to be the guy everyone of my class came to asking for advice. But my skills were lacking. I were young and couldn't play late at evenings nor would anyone even consider me because of age. I didn't let these obstacles take me down. I did my best to pug all that i could to improve my skills and gear

Then Wrath of the lich king hit. I did all the pugging i could on the initial raids and i got a guild that would later do Ulduar. Loved that raid and the bosses. I loved wow more than ever at this point. Easily spent all day every day online playing, pugging, farming, chatting and many other things. Found another and better guild, after the other backed down, so i could do ToTC. I loved that raid aswell. Cleared 4/5 Heroic aswell. I were so proud of how far i had come. Half an expansion ago i was just pugging and now i were in a top 10 guild on the server. Then ICC hit and the guild fell apart so i ended up jumping around in guilds. Eventually i wouldn't be able to find any guild so i just took a break for like 1½ month playing other things while waiting for the new expansion.

Cataclysm had awesome leveling. Great new world to explore! I just pugged around with a couple of friends for most of the first patch, but a month before Firelands hit i found a real guild. We cleared all normal content and were ready for firelands. Cleared that aswell fairly quick, but our guild leader didnt want to try heroics, so 7/10 quit the guild and formed a new one to try and move on, but we needed our main tank and leader and quickly fell apart. I found yet another guild and we got ready to fight Deathwing in the new patch. We progressed steadily and ended up at 6/8 HC. But there were a few rotten apples in the bunch so we lacked proper coordination for fights like Hagara and Blackhorn, aswell as Spine. People got burned out from Dragon soul and we merged with another 10 man in a desperate attempt to save the guild. I didn't work out and i took yet another break for about 2 months waiting for Mists of pandaria.

Mists got unveiled and i were off to explore a new world in a new adventure! I cooked fake vomit in the middle of the night so i could stay home and play the following day from the morning on(i missed nothing from midnight launch as servers crashed). While i were gone during Dragon soul the guild had established a new roster and i were of course not a part of it. They progressed well into Vaults and i were a bit jealous of them, but i managed to find a new guild and we progressed very good aswell. We cleared every single boss on normal but was stuck on Vaults heroics, and the guild died. Being guildless again i kept searching for a new guild to fulfil my dream.

One day a guy i had talked to early about possibly joining his guild, asked me if i felt like joining a guild run for MSV 25 hc. I said yes and we cleared up to elegon. His guild and another 10 man guild were going to merge and become a 25 man guild. They saw potential in me and i got a spot in the guild. Slowly the merge happened and suddenly we cleared MSV and HoF on heroic and we became the best guild on the server. Finaly a part of my dream came true, but we had yet to clear all raids so much could still happen. ToES was cleared by the 10 best raiders as the officers didnt think the full 25 man group could do it, but i wasn't in the group so my dream didnt come true this time around.

Then Lei shen started a war and it was a new chance for my dreams to evolve into reality. A new 10 man guild had appeared and they were very hard core raiders and cleared normals faster than us, aswell as a few heroics. But they seemed to only do it faster than us due to longer raiding hours and more tries. Eventually both guilds hit the hard bosses and we were the ones to progress further. Only these two guilds actually raided heroic as all other heroic raiding guilds had died or migrated. Everyone else was FAR behind in the raiding scene. It felt AWESOME to be "one of them". One of them being those heroic raiders that other people envied and dreamt of becoming just like i did several years ago. A realm first raid tier end boss was within sight and my dreams about to become reality, when a merge happened. Our roster was always being upgraded, so our 25 man guild and the other 10 man guild merged. This was to strengthen the roster with more classes for class stacking and having more skilled people to pick from. Unfortunately, we were already 3 shadow priests in the guild and getting a fourth one from the other guild was impossible. Atleast one had to be removed, and that was me since i were the worst geared of us all.

My dream was shattered. A realm first kill so close and yet so far. This was going to be my only chance this tier and most likely forever, as i'll soon be starting on a new school and i'll therefor not have time to play in a hardcore raiding guild. I will NEVER resort to just raiding LFR, do my dailies and then log off. If im not able to raid in a top guild on the server, top 200 in the world (or better) i simply wont play. I've come to far to go back down.

I've decided this were going to be the end of my adventures in azeroth, most likely forever. Thinking back only now i realise just HOW MUCH WoW has been a part of my life for the past ~5 years.

Its going to be weird not playing wow anymore but i'll be fine.

I had honestly hoped this day would never come. Good bye azeroth, and good bye fellow players. I'll play til my month runs out just to park my chars in orgrimmar and say good bye to a couple of in game friends.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Really..who the hell cares? So you quit well good for you , 1,3 milion others are with you. Go cry with them...jesus fuck all it is lately on these forums is :

"why i quit the game"
    "Why wow is dying"
    "The solution for wow "
    "Wow sucks"

blablabla

Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit threads are not allowed here so closing this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."