Deleted

Demo Touch of Chaos trinket question

I currently have UVLS and Volatile trinket which according to the demo sticky, are bis trinkets bar cha-ye's trinket. My problem here was the fact you are supposed to jump into meta and do your touch of chaos spam by pooling fury and dumping it on big intellect procs i.e trinket procs. However with these trinkets there are no intellect procs so i was just wondering how i should go about dumping fury, single target with these trinkets. Should i literally just dump it on weapon enchant procs as there are no other intellect procs that i get.

Also is volatile talisman really that good for demo given that it wont always proc when your imp swarm comes off cooldown.

Deleted
    the UVLS trinket changes your playstyle and priorities completely as with UVLS you're forced to be in meta for about 8 secs at a time, so that you can always go into meta for putting 100% crit doom when UVLS procs.

Deleted
    Yes i understand that, i just want to know how else i should dump my fury given that i dont get intellect procs from trinket to dump during those periods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jade Spirit enchant?

Agree Haste procs from trinkets/legendary gem in Meta feel wasted unless you have some MC procs to use up.

Deleted
    Just be sure not to be in Metamorphosis with Volatile, it's kind of pointless unless its DS + Soul Fire + Trinket proc spam. Burn fury on jade spirit, engi gloves, tailoring cloak enchant, skull banners etc and in general just to never cap fury.

volatile is not bad, but any other RPPM trinket should beat it in my opinion, its too RNG to line up and if you play GoSac / haste you have too much fury and dont need the haste proc, unless its on imps or giving you a Lei Shen trinket doom with more ticks.

Deleted
    Yeah i had a feeling i should replace volatile as well, thanks for the awesome response sparkuggz

Deleted
    a question spark as demo i got vp trinket,normal wosh,lfr version of the one from lei -shen and the one frome the robot. wich combo do you think would suit best?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaz View Post
    a question spark as demo i got vp trinket,normal wosh,lfr version of the one from lei -shen and the one frome the robot. wich combo do you think would suit best?
    LFR UVLS and Cha-Ye.

Deleted
    thx mate was thinking that aswell.was a bit unsure .

Deleted
    personally, i would go with breath and UVLS but thats just me, i can see the reason in wanting to pair cha-ye with UVLS tho, i just feel that you wont benefit more from cha-ye with UVLS than breath and UVLS, due to the uptime of cha-ye and breath. theoretically, cha-ye only becomes better than breath if you have above 29,87% crit and due to the rather low uptime of UVLS, you would need close to 49% haste for UVLS to provide an average of 5% crit over a 10 minute fight if you have 25% crit, and even more if you have less, ofc this is assuming that the laws of averages are absolute, which we know isnt true in wow. basically, what UVLS does is add 1 rppm(depending on gear ofc) to cha-ye for 4 secs, and thats it, and i dont think its worth it but with the options given, last starfighter is right, definately lfr UVLS and cha-ye.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-05-13 at 10:14 PM.

I agree with Almara but it really depends on which haste threshold you are going for. The 8097 one can be reached very easily with Cha-Ye and the next threshold is 13157 but unless you are a heroic raider you need to use Breath to get anywhere near that one. I'm 6/12 Heroic/525 ilvl and even I still need a piece or 2 before I can hit that one WITH Breath. I tried the 8097/full mastery build and imo it felt really sluggish casting shadow bolt and soul fire. I noticed a huge difference in how the spec felt swapping between 8097 and 12.5k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Deleted
    well, it depends entirely on your gear choice, it is entirely possible to reach 13,8k haste(mainly for the afflic haste breakpoint at 13788 haste, so 13,2k is possible) in purely normal gear, albeit purely thunderforged normal gear but it will be possible in normal gear in 5.3 but you will have to gem haste to reach it tho, ofc you wont have too much mastery, i think it would be at a bit under 4,8k mastery. i can certainly imagine it feeling sluggish after having played destro basically the entire ToT afflic and demo will feel sluggish hehe.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-05-13 at 10:52 PM.