Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

maybe that was the twist O-O
    That is no twist that is stupid, there have to be reasons and the way he argued even under sha influence makes it quite unbelievable for him to be a Garrosh loyalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is no twist that is stupid, there have to be reasons and the way he argued even under sha influence makes it quite unbelievable for him to be a Garrosh loyalist.
    does aethas have any family members? maybe garrosh has his baby momma or somethin O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

1. Uncomfortable situation at the time
    2. Worried cuz he knew what the Sunreavers did in Dalaran and had to do it for the sake of his people
    3. Worried cuz he knew what the Sunreavers did in Dalaran and is working for Garrosh

does aethas have any family members? maybe garrosh has his baby momma or somethin O-O
    It just comes out of the blue, is against everything he as a person stands for and we have no details, apparently blizzard did not learn from their past mistakes to flesh such things out, just look at Kael'thas or Benedictus the explanations given were abyssal, we will see if he becomes a villain or is innocent, though I hope for the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    1. Uncomfortable situation at the time
    2. Worried cuz he knew what the Sunreavers did in Dalaran and had to do it for the sake of his people
    3. Worried cuz he knew what the Sunreavers did in Dalaran and is working for Garrosh
    2 just doesnt make any sense. unless the blood elves working for garrosh were giving him secrets about the runestones and everything the only people within the horde who could cause them any damage are the forsaken due to them having a heavy undead elf population.

the blood elves are pretty much at full magical power again and if arthas couldnt do shit to quel'thalas without a high ranking elf letting him in to the point sylvanas basically went "na na na boo boo" to him i doubt garrosh could do anything

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 12:31 PM ----------

It just comes out of the blue, is against everything he as a person stands for and we have no details, apparently blizzard did not learn from their past mistakes to flesh such things out, just look at Kael'thas or Benedictus the explanations given were abyssal, we will see if he becomes a villain or is innocent, though I hope for the latter.
    eh i dont think weve seen enough of aethas to tell what hes really all about, maybe the whole "we must remember our old allies" thing was a cover up because hes really bitter and wants revenge.

it would also open up the blood elves to becoming neutral even more which i desperately want
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

2 just doesnt make any sense. unless the blood elves working for garrosh were giving him secrets about the runestones and everything the only people within the horde who could cause them any damage are the forsaken due to them having a heavy undead elf population.

the blood elves are pretty much at full magical power again and if arthas couldnt do shit to quel'thalas without a high ranking elf letting him in to the point sylvanas basically went "na na na boo boo" to him i doubt garrosh could do anything
    Quel'thalas might have recovered a bit, but it is unclear whether they were able to replace all the destroyed Runestones yet, not to mention their numbers dwindled dramatically they might be able to handle their kingdom now, though they have not recovered completely and can still be overrun, who knows what they would unleash in their desperation.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 04:35 PM ----------

eh i dont think weve seen enough of aethas to tell what hes really all about, maybe the whole "we must remember our old allies" thing was a cover up because hes really bitter and wants revenge.

it would also open up the blood elves to becoming neutral even more which i desperately want
    That I find very doubtful, since people under sha influence seemed to say the things that concerned them most, look at what Ishi said while he was being controlled it came from the bottom of his heart, Aethas wanted his people out of the horde while under its influence, otherwise I would be more inclined to agree with you.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-05-11 at 04:39 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That I find very doubtful, since people under sha influence seemed to say the things that concerned them most, look at what Ishi said while he was being controlled it came from the bottom of his heart, Aethas wanted his people out of the horde while under its influence, otherwise I would be more inclined to agree with you.
    Agreed

Its kinda like being drunk. It dsnt make you say and think things that you would abosolutly never do. Its just things deep within in you that you just never brought to the fore-front
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I feel like he's guilty of helping Garrosh not because he wants to, but because he had no choice.

Not sure how this is a surprise or a twist in any way, it's actually pretty straightforward. Aethas and the Sunreavers were under heavy pressure from Garrosh to assist in his campaign to retrieve the Divine Bell, and we know at least one blood elf was involved in the mana bombing of Theramore - the Horde players rescue him. Lor'themar seems to be completely unaware of any of this, and Jaina is perfectly right to be furious with the Sunreavers for breaking their sworn neutrality in the Alliance/Horde conflict. Not saying she handles it correctly, or that she doesn't overreact, obviously.

Anyway, Aethas shifts uncomfortably because Lor'themar defends him to the Kirin Tor by saying that the Sunreavers had nothing to do with any of this, which Aethas(and the player) knows to be completely untrue. This puts him in an awkward position, and there's really nothing more to it than that. Sha possession, seriously?

Yeah I am starting to think that wasn't just a coincidence.

Deleted
    To me it was obvious enough from the Purge of Dalaran quests that he fully well knew what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson View Post
    Not sure how this is a surprise or a twist in any way, it's actually pretty straightforward. Aethas and the Sunreavers were under heavy pressure from Garrosh to assist in his campaign to retrieve the Divine Bell, and we know at least one blood elf was involved in the mana bombing of Theramore - the Horde players rescue him. Lor'themar seems to be completely unaware of any of this, and Jaina is perfectly right to be furious with the Sunreavers for breaking their sworn neutrality in the Alliance/Horde conflict. Not saying she handles it correctly, or that she doesn't overreact, obviously.

Anyway, Aethas shifts uncomfortably because Lor'themar defends him to the Kirin Tor by saying that the Sunreavers had nothing to do with any of this, which Aethas(and the player) knows to be completely untrue. This puts him in an awkward position, and there's really nothing more to it than that. Sha possession, seriously?
    You assume something, which goes against his characterization, he was always pro kirin tor and wanted his people to have closer ties with them, indeed some sunreavers decided to help the horde but that does not mean Aethas is aware of that. I mentioned the sha possession specifically, since he was possessed in Silvermoon and made it quite clear that his people should leave the horde, so why should he sanction actions that would undermine his goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    To me it was obvious enough from the Purge of Dalaran quests that he fully well knew what was going on.
    The only obvious thing at the end of the purge is the blood elves should have never returned to Dalaran,let alone helped them against Malygos, since neither side could trust each other.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-05-11 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    You assume something, which goes against his characterization, he was always pro kirin tor and wanted his people to have closer ties with them, indeed some sunreavers decided to help the horde but that does not mean Aethas is aware of that. I mentioned the sha possession specifically, since he was possessed in Silvermoon and made it quite clear that his people should leave the horde, so why should he sanction actions that would undermine his goal?

The only obvious thing at the end of the purge is the blood elves should have never returned to Dalaran,let alone helped them against Malygos, since neither side could trust each other.
    Yeah they trusted each other enough to work together for a long time, it only broke apart when the Sunreavers betrayed the Kirin Tor twice.

I've been saying that Aethas knew about it since before the Isle of Thunder conclusion. Like I said, to me it was obvious enough, since Jaina called him out on it in the Purge quests. That hint was big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yeah they trusted each other enough to work together for a long time, it only broke apart when the Sunreavers betrayed the Kirin Tor twice.

I've been saying that Aethas knew about it since before the Isle of Thunder conclusion. Like I said, to me it was obvious enough, since Jaina called him out on it in the Purge quests. That hint was big enough.
    The Kirin Tor betrayed them as well,any form of trust was shattered with Kaels departure, they simply shouldn't have worked together, especially since the Grand Magister wanted to see them burn and Lor'themar was inclined to agree with him, if Sylvanas hadn't meddled there would hardly be blood elves in Dalaran.

Give me a plausible reason for Aethas to jeopardize all he worked for, all he stands for, all he wished for?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    since the Grand Magister wanted to see them burn and Lor'themar was inclined to agree with him
    old hatrds never seem to go away
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    old hatrds never seem to go away
    The Kirin Tor's inaction tore an 7000 year old Alliance almost apart and now it is finally dead and buried, as it should have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would love if aethas turned out evil/insane. He could do something really cool in his evil and insane service to evil and insane garrosh. For instance beating jaina to death with (you guessed evil and insane) IKEA chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Valla View Post
    Aethas Sunweaver= (K)ae(l)thas Sun(strider)weaver

Go figure..Dalaran mearly a setback!
    He's a mage, he cast mirror image, explains all the different Kaelthas' and his apparent resurrection perfectly.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

This is not new new, but still if he really is responsible, they made a mess with his characterization, since he was the most anti horde and more Alliance aligned type, having him turning out to be a traitor would be quite foolish, but we will see what blizzard does in the end.
    Personally, the only way they could salvage this situation would be if Aethas knew what was going on with the Bell and was planning a sting operation of some sort when Jaina blew her top. Personal guilt over not acting sooner (resulting the the events in Dalaran) would make sense. Especially if he was planning on using it as maneuver for power/presige ("I know who the Horde loyalists are! I can purge them if you give the word.") since I figure he would know about the plans to break with the Horde.

I always thought he shifted because he did know about Sunreavers involvement of Darnassus invasion. But I guess I could be wrong