Poll: Rate the LFR difficulty

Thread: LFR difficulty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It may not be in the best interest of the game to lower the difficulty even more, but speaking selfishly, I'd just as soon make it as easy as possible. I go there only to gear up an alt of mine, and the less wipes the better. It would also hopefully break the cycle of people leaving for later bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    Meh, it's just for people who can't raid to see the content. In all honesty it's fine it should not be looked at as actually raiding though.
    Mostly correct! But I raid normal and technically heroic modes too. (1/12 heroic wheeee) and I still run LFR on my main. Why?

1. Each boss I kill has the chance to drop whatever part of the legendary quest I'm on. Thanks to LFR last night I'm now 4/12 instead of 3/12.

2. Thanks specifically and solely to LFR I'm at 4PC T15. I removed my non-tier 522 head and shoulders in favor of 502 Tier 15 head and shoulders which dropped for me a week ago, and my DPS went up as a result.

3. I really, really want the gun off of Iron Qon for transmog. Yes, I'd love to have it as 522 or even 535 but dammit, it's got a cool animation and I want it. LFR gives me an extra chance to at least get its look.

3.5 - I can at least a little bit, practice the mechanics. I know, I know - mostly not, in LFR. But a little. I ran LFR Lei Shen, finished about 30 minutes before my guild's raid started and we beat Lei Shen on normal mode an hour or so later. Seeing all the mechanics even in weak mode helped a little. Dark Animus being the opposite of this.

Once we have everything on "god this is boring" farm mode, and there's no more legendary quest stuff and I'm exalted with shadow pan assault, I'll stop running LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    My experience is that of the LFR runs I've done some fail but most succeed [eventually or otherwise]. So that sounds about right for a random group.

You could have probably managed to leave the "I hate LFR" out of your poll options and just gone with "I never use it". Makes the entire thing look bogus, biased and generally bad. Well along with the fact that you originally put up the poll with no "It's fine as it is" option. That's ridiculous.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    it's fine how it is except some crap like lei-shen where one single person can wipe a whole raid

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with LFR the way it is. Make it harder and it'll be a mess to do without dragging everyone into a TS3 channel. Lei Shen LFR is as far as it can possibly go. Slap a symbol on someone's head, tell people to stack on that symbol when X happens, GG. Any more than that and it'll need too much organisation - and that's what separates LFR from other difficulties. It can't be harder than it is when it's supposed to work without excessive explanations and detailed strats. If people want that sort of strat talk, they need to raid normals or heroics. LFR is fine. Leave it be.

LFR gives nothing that the actual raids give so its a it too faceroll for me...i could see if it was easy and still showed you mechanics in the actual raid had that wipes everyone but no they not only softcore them but harder mechcanics get taken out completely or come at later easier to deal with times..which is silly because still theres a ton of wiping, almost makes me have no faith in humanity.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    My experience is that of the LFR runs I've done some fail but most succeed [eventually or otherwise]. So that sounds about right for a random group.

You could have probably managed to leave the "I hate LFR" out of your poll options and just gone with "I never use it". Makes the entire thing look bogus, biased and generally bad. Well along with the fact that you originally put up the poll with no "It's fine as it is" option. That's ridiculous.
    Please review post number 3 in this thread.

I admitted that I made a mistake, I admitted I should have put in a "it's fine" option. I admitted I was wrong.

Instead of criticizing me after I admitted that I made a mistake why not read what I previously wrote and move on.

I don't see why LFR has to be difficult, it's LFR. In all honesty, as someone who raids casually with friends 4 hours a week, I think normal is a bit over-tuned. In Wrath and Cata we had 2 10-man raids who both were able to clear all bosses, in Mists our one team has been struggling to keep a roster. Like most servers, it's not easy to find replacements.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    The difficulty is fine as it is now. I get my share of wiping raiding hc on my main and when I go into LFR on my alts I just want to mindlessly go through my rotation, try my luck on loot, get my valor and get out of there with maximum of one or two wipes per boss.

Got to say though, it was quite fun watching group after group fail miserably on Lei Shen when the last part opened. :P

Deleted
    You can't expect cooperation from random strangers grouped via automated tool. Blizzard already tried that with difficult heroics at start of Cataclysm, they forgot to take into account LFD and it all backfired.

Its fine as it is.

What's needed is LFR where the only change is how many people you want total in your raid. Think about it ... Most people say LFR is too easy (and it is). Try it with 20 people, or 18, or 14, whatever you like. This increases the difficulty without having to make any other changes. Loot can be awarded based on number of people you bring.

Solves a lot of LFR issues with minimal work.

Actual difficulty of LFR is fine where it is, probably needs increasing in places so that people die in fire if they stand in it (dying in fire on LFR should reward no loot). However, TOT LFR has been far too time consuming and boring. Partly due to the level of AFK going on. A better system to tackle this is needed before i'll be going back there. ToES isn't so bad (although sha needs a hp nerf - too much hp makes for a long and boring fight). I also find the first wing of MV tolerable - bosses are fast and the trash is an AoE fest.

Also agree with Balazaar - it should be possible to low-man LFR with a group of friends or something without having the LFR tool auto-fill the raid. Would resolve a lot of issues.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I propose that the health of bosses between LFR and 10-man be swapped. If LFR really is meant to be "a way casual players can participate in raid-level content", then this would be a reasonable step to go ahead with.

Under this new idea, Horridon for example would have 392m health in LFR, and 650m health in 10-man.