Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Thunderforged gear

Will there be thunderforged loot in Siege of Orgrimmar and in the next expansion?

I think if the system is well received (which it has been if I use just the people I know as a sample size. lol) they will probably do something similar for other tiers. It really gives 25mans that little bit of extra incentive without making it absurdly out of whack with 10man.

Deleted
    The average 25man guild is already 10ilvls higher than a 10man guild with same progression. Not only because of thunderforged but almost every item that drops will go to someone's main spec unless everyone already has it.

Yes, but you also have to keep in mind that those 25man bosses are tuned with the knowledge that the 25man guilds will have a higher Ilvl. Whereas the 10man versions of the bosses are tuned to be more lenient with bad luck streaks of gear.

And not every item that drops in 25man goes to someone. As early as Week 2 of normals we were sharding up to 2 pieces per boss in 25man. And now we are sharding anywhere from 2-4 pieces per kill.

I vote yes and hope for it

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Yes, but you also have to keep in mind that those 25man bosses are tuned with the knowledge that the 25man guilds will have a higher Ilvl. Whereas the 10man versions of the bosses are tuned to be more lenient with bad luck streaks of gear.
    Where was this said? Got a blue quote?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not, its stupid extra RNG-system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tax View Post
    Where was this said? Got a blue quote?
    This was said in early Cata during T11. Feel free to click through the blue tracker for 3-4 hours.

You can also figure this out by simply doing the math on boss health. Every boss isnt just 2.5x extra health on 25man. The health is tuned for higher average ilvl as well as extra buffs (most 10mans wont have 3 skull banners and 4 stormlashes.)

Deleted
    Yes, but you also have to keep in mind that those 25man bosses are tuned with the knowledge that the 25man guilds will have a higher Ilvl.
    No, they aren't. In most cases the boss just has 2.5 times more HP and does the same damage. Mechanics that target 2 players in 10man might target 5 players but that's all. Having more dispel types, interrupts, combat resses and AOE heals also makes it harder to die. Even Blizzard said themselves that this is one reason why LFR is 25man. To make it even easier.

I hope not, I just don't see what good it really does...

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    I hope not, its stupid extra RNG-system.
    Which gives players incentive to want to deal with those bosses before the last boss that give dat piece of gear

Quote Originally Posted by Kalukki View Post
    No, they aren't. In most cases the boss just has 2.5 times more HP and does the same damage. Mechanics that target 2 players in 10man might target 5 players but that's all. Having more dispel types, interrupts, combat resses and AOE heals also makes it harder to die. Even Blizzard said themselves that this is one reason why LFR is 25man. To make it even easier.
    Actually, more often mechanics that target 2 players, target 2 players in 25 too. Look at example at Megaera, or Council. That's why compared to 10, along with the thunderforged crap, 25 is such a joke in comparison this tier. We went from 10 to 25, also because of the thunderforged bullshit, and the amount of faceroll in 25 is pretty incredible TBH. Sure, both raid sizes had huge cockblocks (Consorts hc on 25, Dark Animus on 10, for example), but once that's ironed out, the difference overall in difficulty is huge.

I really regret going 25man at this point, it's really rather boring. :<

Sha-infused -tag might make sense, and I hope they will add it to next tier aswell.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hope not
    It kinda makes you feel like crap for getting an upgrade like "Oh look my BiS, but it isnt thunderforged so meeh...."

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I hope not, I just don't see what good it really does...
    think a big misconception is that thunderforged was NOT created to give extra incentive to 25
    Its main purpose was to make farm bosses more interesting
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Well. Im not going to continue a petty 10 vs 25 debate because they are simply stupid.

But. As for some straight up Math.

Jinrokh 10H - 317,507,744
    Jinrokh 25H - 952,523,200

3x more health

Horridon 10H - 654,205,504
    Horridon 25H - 1,962,646,448

3x more health

Basically they are all within 3 - 3.2x higher health pools. And, like I said, this is to make up for the grater gear levels and greater cooldown availability.

But before you deteriorate your own thread into a 10 vs 25 man debate; I got stuff to do and will be leaving now.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Hope not
    It kinda makes you feel like crap for getting an upgrade like "Oh look my BiS, but it isnt thunderforged so meeh...."

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 05:02 PM ----------

think a big misconception is that thunderforged was NOT created to give extra incentive to 25
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709282055

Quote from Blizzard

This new item designation is being added for a couple reasons, but first and foremost to make loot drops more interesting overall, especially after you have earlier bosses in Throne of Thunder on farm. As you’re working on progression, those first few bosses can now continue to provide a chance at upgrades, making repeated kills potentially more exciting and rewarding. Those additional upgrades can then help to slowly raise power, and boost you over whatever progression roadblock you may hit.

We’ve also received a lot of feedback regarding 25-player raids, and have been looking for ways to address some concerns. Ever since we changed 10-player raids to drop the same item level as 25s, we’ve seen a steady decline in 25-player raiding. This isn’t surprising. A 25-player raid takes an extra level of logistical commitment for the officers of those groups. It’s unfortunately easy for a 25-player guild to collapse down into a 10-player guild, but very unlikely for the opposite to happen. However, we like 25-player raiding and don’t want to see it go away. Like many players, we love the epic feeling that comes with banding together more massive groups to battle powerful foes, we love that there’s opportunity for those groups to try out new players or unusual comps without causing a huge burden, and we want to support the larger raiding guilds. That said, we’re also concerned that over-rewarding the 25-player guilds—if, for example, we went back to a higher item level across the board for 25s, as was the case for Icecrown Citadel—would feel like a slap in the face to the many 10-player raiders out there, who are the majority of our Normal and Heroic raiders.

To attempt to navigate this minefield, we’re going to try having Thunderforged items drop more frequently in 25-player raids. They’ll be somewhat rare in both cases compared to the standard versions that’ll drop, but they’ll be even rarer in 10s. Overall, a 25-player group will be more likely to end up with a slightly higher item level after several weeks of raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    How does it make anything more interesting? More like frustrating. Let's say a 522 piece drops one week and you win it. Then the 528 version drops a few weeks later. Of course it will go someone else if he's still using something worse. Even if you are the only user of that specific gear type, it means you have to gem and enchant it again, and if it's a weapon it will cost tons of gold. Even worse when VP upgrades become available again.

i relly hope thay remove it

I like it, makes those farm runs a bit more interesting.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote from Blizzard
    dont see why that was neccesary, it confrims what i already said

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 05:23 PM ----------

How does it make anything more interesting? More like frustrating. .
    and I would agree.
    It makes an upgrade, even if BiS, not feel like an upgrade if it isnt thunderforged
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Which gives players incentive to want to deal with those bosses before the last boss that give dat piece of gear
    I like it. Even when I have all 522 gear (which is very close to me) and a piece I already have drops from a boss, it has a chance to still be an upgrade for me if it is Thunderforged. Gives a little more incentive for me to re-kill bosses every week.