Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder to keep it friendly, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by filfa View Post
    With the buff that ret is getting currently in 5.3, ret will be a powerhouse.
    Not really. The 15% weapon buff is equivalent to ~10% damage increase, which a lot of classes are receiving. This includes Hunters, Monks, and Feral Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Just be happy you're not a hunter .
    Hunters are valuable when you need certain buffs. Hunter pets can give out nearly every buff there is, including Heroism/Bloodlust. Hunters are generally played by less capable players, so they get a bad reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalukki View Post
    How do you prove some arrogant raid leader that you are good?
    Just read my previous post. How exactly do you dps as Ret? For Ret to work you have to be exceptionally good at it. I'll give you some examples.

#1 Do you use clcret? It's a good mod for Pallies who aren't usually Ret, but once you get your 4 set T15 bonus, this mod will work against you maximizing your dps. It's no longer about first come first serve rotation.

#2 Do you have macros? This separates the good from the bad. Macros are useful for cool downs and even your basic rotation.

/startattack
    /cast Crusader Strike

It's probably crucial for maximizing dps in raids. When you use this macro to Crusader Strike, you target the nearest target and begin to attack. You should do this for all attacks.

#3 Do you change your talents per fight? For single target fights you use Execution Sentence and Sanctified Wrath, but for AOE you should use Holy Avenger and Light's Hammer. If you don't, then you'll look bad on the meters. Also keep in mind Double Jeapordy Glyph is great when you keep multiple targets with rolling Censure. You do that too right? Probably helps to have mod to watch all the censures you keep up. Glyph of Exorcism and 2 set T15 is a must in AOE fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalukki View Post
    Because playing prot is no different from playing ret?
    Well one, you said you were clueless about prot, so if you haven't even bothered even checking it out, how would a raid leader know your good at your current spec? Two, who would you rather have in your guild, a hybrid that doesn't want to try out other specs, or one that will change up as needed on a fight? Which do you think you'd go further with?

15+ Year Old Account
    Gear and progression should not matter if you're able to back your bill.

A lot of getting into a guild is you being able to sell yourself. Regardless of gear, regardless of progression, most knowledgeable raid leaders and guilds are able to pull the good ones from the bad. When they take you on a trial, you might be the lowest DPS by some margin, but they'll still be able to tell if you're a good player, basing the judgement off of how well you manage your CD's, how you use your spells, and how you react to situations.

Sell yourself as the best Ret Paladin on the server, and then back that up. Give a stellar application, and go above and beyond.

You don't want to sell yourself as good, but great. Ret might not be the top spec out there, but you'll find yourself in a progressive guild no problem.

I suggest you take a step back and make sure you're on point with everything you're doing. Check that your gear is in order and your character maximized. Macros, keybinds, the whole nine yards.

Also, log anything and everything that you do to World of Logs, if you want to make sure you're on point with your play, come back here and go to the "Fix my DPS" thread to make sure everything is going well for you. Show your logs to them, and they'll analyze them and make sure you're doing what you should be.

Show that aside from DPS, you don't skimp on the utility. Go ahead and use your CDs and use your spells to help the raid, let them see that you're more than just button smashing, but your conscious aware and well versed in your class.

Make your character one they can not deny.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature