Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cowsgomoomoo123 View Post
    Tera is proof that F2P games are not all terrible.
    Hihi. TERA started as P2P, failed miserably even in Korea leading to a lot of servers being closed and went F2P. Great business plan there *nodnod*
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Come back in a year when you have worked out how much you have spent in tera. Then compare it to a wow sub. I bet it ends up costing you alot more.
    Aye mate

Yeah, there are few good f2p games but FOR ME tera is not good example. I could not play longer than 2-3 days and then uninstalled

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Your Avatar says enough about you lol
    Oh, judging by avatars. Classy. To turn the same coin, I'd say your avatar says more about you than his does about him.

Some F2P titles are higher quality than some sub-based titles, yes. Micro-transactions and subscriptions are just two different ways of making money - one makes it a complete grind to overcome the micro-transaction, trying as hard as possible to make people use them, and the other does whatever it can to make people stay.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tera is definitely a fun game indeed.

It's a bit like Aion, sure it didn't kill WoW, but just because that wasn't their goal, they just wanted to make a good fun game and they did it. Aion had it's trouble ofc, released way too early... but Tera has worked that out pretty well.

However, I don't think Tera is better than WoW, that's what makes it great, it's just a different MMO game

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but what?? Tera doesn't look that good imo. It has the chinese mmo feeling like many many maaany mmo's from that genre. its an pay to win game. And again (my opinion) the game feels cheap.
    Last edited by Msi; 2013-05-12 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galeos View Post
    Sorry but what?? Tera doesn't look that good imo. It has the chinese mmo feeling like many many maaany mmo's from that genre. its an pay to win game
    I love the idea but the game has quite a few flaws.

Just to say one of them, all of the classes feel similar, they all have the same style of abilities just with different colours which makes all of the classes feel incredibly similar.

Proof please.
    well i for one am gonna stay away from MMO's all together. Though thats just me and i could be all alone
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Most sub games have an overall finish that most F2P games don't have or can't have. so sub is better than F2P, it's not even a debate.
    However, some F2P games have aspects that are far superior to many sub games.

1)Neverwinter Online; The combat system in this game is BY FAR the best I've seen in an MMO. It's not perfectly scaled or finished but it has charm,immersion and feeling to it and it does that extremely well.

2)Planetside 2; Overall immersion and engaging gameplay much better than many of the triple-A shooters it's competing with.

3)Black desert online; This is an upcoming f2p title and we can already see that it will be BY FAR the best looking MMO(not game) in existence and from the looks of the combat it appears it has that going for it as well.

The list goes on. But a F2P will very rarely (not yet seen) have the entire package as many sub titles have, as WoW does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galeos View Post
    Sorry but what?? Tera doesn't look that good imo. It has the chinese mmo feeling like many many maaany mmo's from that genre. its an pay to win game. And again (my opinion) the game feels cheap.
    Well,

as opposed to WoW which in its current state = susbscribe to afk to see all content?

A game like Tera's quality is ofc personal opinion, but i dont think you can argue that the game has graphics superior to WoW's and it plays silky smooth and not clunky like other MMO's that have come before it.

I'm no Tera fanboy, but after 6 years of WoW i could instantly see improvements in Tera after 3 minutes of gameplay.

I mean really, which is the better model?

Subscribe to AFK, or F2P?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have opposite opinion, playing F2P games is so boring to me, I would like to see games like GW2 not being F2P and have more content instead. I would like to pay to play Diablo 3 and have more content instead of waiting so long for small updates.

I played TERA ~16 hours. It's so repetivive. I don't think TERA is better quality than WoW, it's not even comparable.

F2P = no money = no devs = small update or no content.

I think GW2 is the best F2P, it's a VERY good game, but because it's F2P I prefer to play WoW.

At same time, F2P usually attract more kids, less serious players, more new, less high level players, more hackers, spammers and every kind of player you usually don't like in a RPG world.

Anyway, what's the point of posting this in WoW forums.
    Last edited by reemi; 2013-05-12 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    At same time, F2P usually attract more kids, less serious players, more new, less high level players, more hackers, spammers and every kind of player you usually don't like in a RPG world.
    My experience vastly is different.

F2P attracts adults who go out to work and realise they dont want to waste their hard earned cash being ripped off.

Games with subs attract kids who dont earn their own money and expect their parents to pay for everything.

WoW is a typical example of a sub based game that attracts more spammers and bots than any F2P game i've ever participated in.

In actual fact, the more you scrutinise this, the clearer it becomes of how much of a rip off sub based games are. You basically pay to get spammed by gold advertisers and bots.

I havnt ever seen a gold spammer in Tera yet.

Deleted
    Of course there are, there always will be. Cause taste is personal, you know.
    Quality is not the same for me as it is for you.

There are a bunch of new MMO's using the F2P model and probably doing well with it and vice versa.

Who cares about any of this aslong as the game is fun?

Runescape was fun back in 2006.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    Runescape was fun back in 2006.
    Ye, i know the feeling.

WoW was fun back in 2008 too.

It was on frontpage of MMOchampion awhile ago, Blizzard or someone else that has knowledge over it said that the sub loses didn't gain anywhere.
    actually the main cause of the sub loss were free to play games

specifically lol and age of wushu
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    My experience vastly is different.
    Games with subs attract kids who dont earn their own money and expect their parents to pay for everything.
    WoW is a typical example of a sub based game that attracts more spammers and bots than any F2P game i've ever participated in.
    I know at least 20 (30-50) years old player in my WoW guild.

You won't pay WoW and uninstall the game 4 minutes later, some players like to change game every month, those player are not good partner, teamplayer, and usually are a waste of time for other players.

I have a co-worker, 38 years old, he played WoW, he's playing GW2, and he hate P2P games now. But he always change games every 20 days so paying for him it's useless. On my side, I don't want to play with him, I don't want to help him, because everytime I lost my time because I know he will leave anyway.

With WoW, I'm playing once a while since 2004, even after 8 years, I don't feel like I'm losing my time with those kind of player because those players are playing F2P games like TERA. And yes, I'm a casual player, I play less than 8 hours every week and when I don't play WoW, I usually spend more than 15$ a month on new games. I work 40-50 hours a week and 15$/month is NOTHING for me. The Blizzard service worth it.

By spammers, I was talking about kids who flood the chat, not gold sellers, but you're right on this point.
    Last edited by reemi; 2013-05-12 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha you are so totally wrong right there.
    Those who left WoW are not joining a different game (Most of them not, some do) But they leave the MMO gender all togheter.
    The MMO gender? Cool.

Same.

And nearly all of them were people who had their subscriptions paid for by the Government. (eg they were jobless people on welfare).

I give myself as yet another example -

On welfare i played WoW, and the Government paid for my subscription.

Now i am in a job and paying my own way, i choose quality F2P games, simply for the fact i dont want to spend my own money
    If 15$ a month is a such a problem for you... it's better not to spend them on a sub game (Not, NOT TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO DO WITH THEIR MONEY!, just saying)

10+ Year Old Account
    On welfare i played WoW, and the Government paid for my subscription.
    An alpha on welfare? How is it possible?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-