Poll: Would you be in favor of a quest chain to tame the August Celestials?

10+ Year Old Account

Would you be in favor of taming an August Celestial?

When I first saw the celestials in the opening of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, I told myself "Hey, wouldn't it be neat if we could tame that?"

It could be a hunter only quest line such as the Warlocks Green Fire quest. You find a celestial object in a random location in Pandaria and take it to Lorewalker Cho to start your quest. The final stage includes fighting Xuen/Niuzao/Red Crane/Jade Serpent and then taming it once its down to low hp, similar to Deth'Tilac/Spirit Porcupines.

The celestials would have a massive amount of hp around 40 million and need to be taken to less than 10% to tame.

You can choose which celestial you tame when you reach the final stage right before the fight. You can tame the others if/when you find more celestial items around Pandaria.

Does not require Beast Master to tame and has a new pet family named "Celestial"

What do my fellow hunters think?

I'm pretty sure there's only 4 August Celestials, and they're all on the level of Gods. So no, I don't think you should be able to tame them.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's only 4 August Celestials, and they're all on the level of Gods. So no, I don't think you should be able to tame them.
    I'd agree with this, taming a divine being would be cool and all, but for lore reasons at the very least it would be sad having an at least demi-god level being as a hunters pet.

Now something like a lower level servitor? That might work.

Stampede would certainly be OP after taming one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    There are about 30 baby Xuens called ''Litter of Xuen'' standing around the temple of the white tiger.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=61529/litter-of-xuen

I personally don't see why we can't tame or ''befriend'' one of them. As for the others and a whole questline, no I don't think so. They should never give us one horribly overpowered pet anyway. Not only will we be forced to use that pet forever, it's also unfair to people who aren't able to get that pet. Not to mention us being forced into nerfing our DPS if we have to bring a certain buff or debuff.

It would be cool to have one of these pets and make them some sort of raid DPS increase. Like giving everyone a buff that allows you to proc some arcane damage about once a minute sort of like Stormlash Totem. But yea, not going to happen.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-05-14 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    Yes a thousand times,,yes please!! please ASK GC , let's all spam his twitter, forums , like the warlocks did!!

First of all, they're fully sentient beings. Not cool man, that's slavery.

Secondly, the idea that someone could tame a god is pretty silly.

But beasts with their models? A thousand times yes.

Sure, if they weren't god like beings that were sentient. It wouldn't really make much sense to tame anything like this especially since again they are god like, maybe like Bovan said it could be a proc of some sort. Maybe something with hunter tier where some random celestial thingy of some sort, or maybe a non combat pet rewarded for doing something for them.

They're Pandaria's version of the Ancients. It'd be like taming Goldrinn or Cenarius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    First of all, they're fully sentient beings. Not cool man, that's slavery.

Secondly, the idea that someone could tame a god is pretty silly.

But beasts with their models? A thousand times yes.
    Agree

Agree

Agree

OP is likely just in love the models.