Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Crazy chicks like her are usually good in bed
    If you like the tension and danger of never knowing when she's going to snap your dick off and throw it out of a moving car.

The thing that really pisses me off with this dude, is that it is all just an act.

Because it is just an act, if he even thought of speaking to someone like that near me, or to me, I'd punch his teeth out. There is absolutely no reason to act like such a cunt all the time. I've not watched the video, but I just can't stand this Ramsey moron.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    The thing that really pisses me off with this dude, is that it is all just an act.

Because it is just an act, if he even thought of speaking to someone like that near me, or to me, I'd punch his teeth out. There is absolutely no reason to act like such a cunt all the time. I've not watched the video, but I just can't stand this Ramsey moron.
    I find it funny how you can judge how he acts without even watching the video. He's not being a cunt in any sense of the word. He can be a bit blunt at times, sure, but they asked him there and his job is to fix the things that are wrong. It's not his fault they (especially she) are completely unwilling to accept any criticism.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

It kinda amuses me how much of a bad reputation Gordon Ramsey's got, just based on basically Hell's Kitchen. If you see some of his other appearances, where he isn't insulting idiots, he seems like a genuinely nice guy (Or hell, some of the bits on Hell's Kitchen where people aren't being idiots and he's treating them to stuff).

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

He's pretty normal and calm on episodes of him coming back to check on restaurants that he had changed in a previous season.

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    It kinda amuses me how much of a bad reputation Gordon Ramsey's got, just based on basically Hell's Kitchen. If you see some of his other appearances, where he isn't insulting idiots, he seems like a genuinely nice guy (Or hell, some of the bits on Hell's Kitchen where people aren't being idiots and he's treating them to stuff).

Great example here considering how much of a dick Jeremy is compared to Ramsay. :P
    Last edited by Ave07; 2013-05-15 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lzsg View Post
    I find it funny how you can judge how he acts without even watching the video. He's not being a cunt in any sense of the word. He can be a bit blunt at times, sure, but they asked him there and his job is to fix the things that are wrong. It's not his fault they (especially she) are completely unwilling to accept any criticism.
    And, he hardly goes at them in this one. Most of the time he just looks dismayed and bewildered.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    And, he hardly goes at them in this one. Most of the time he just looks dismayed and bewildered.
    Wouldn't you? I'd feel like Alice entering Wonderland for the first time. Then I'd probably knock the old man out with one of those frozen pizzas and drown the woman in truffle oil.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    He's pretty normal and calm on episodes of him coming back to check on restaurants that he had changed in a previous season.

Great example here onsidering how much of a dick Jeremy is. :P
    I haven't seen that video before. :O Had to lol at "How do you tell they're vegetarian?" "They just look... dodgy! Like they're in need of a good fillet steak."

Due to the commercials for Hell's Kitchen, I came away with the impression that Gordon Ramsay was a royal jerk, but after watching this episode, I respect the man. You can see where he's honestly trying to be gentle with the owners until he gets pushed a little too hard.

rofl

"I've not watched the video" being my favorite part...

Part of it is probably an act. But if you ask him to come in and work with you, you should damn well know what you're getting yourself into. These people, on the other hand. Pretty much irredeemable. The husband might have eventually come around, but not that woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Due to the commercials for Hell's Kitchen, I came away with the impression that Gordon Ramsay was a royal jerk, but after watching this episode, I respect the man. You can see where he's honestly trying to be gentle with the owners until he gets pushed a little too hard.
    Nah, the people who make the ads just know that the bits where he acts like a jerk are what gets people watching the show, so that's the bit they advertise. Like I said, even in the show, you can see him acting plenty nice to people when they deserve it. I think he just kinda treats the contestants on HK that badly because 1: it gets ratings and 2: they're all supposed to be professional chefs and they're failing at really simple stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lzsg View Post
    Okay - So I went and watched the video, and I have a few things I want to make clear then:

1) In this instance, and in this show, he doesn't seem to come across as bad as he has in other shows. I've seen plenty of videos where he is just jumping and screaming at people, like a small child. I assumed, that was his character, and that is how he would be in this episode.

2) He wasn't doing a great job of handling the situation, although they were making it impossible. There were a few snide remarks that blew into full arguments, whereas if he just kept his mouth shut, he'd be able to deal with it later.

3) That husband, has no spine at all. He needs to learn to stand up for himself, and cut that : "You're not a gangster, I'm a gangster" shit out.

4) That vile wench he calls a Wife needs to be put down. I do praise his ability to even sit through that length of time with her, as I most certainly would've walked out long before.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    rofl

"I've not watched the video" being my favorite part...

Part of it is probably an act. But if you ask him to come in and work with you, you should damn well know what you're getting yourself into. These people, on the other hand. Pretty much irredeemable. The husband might have eventually come around, but not that woman.
    I wasn't talking about this show in particular, I'm talking about Ramsey attitude anyway. Having watched that episode (and a few others in the past), I stick by my statement, but I think in this instance, he wanted to be seen as the calm, while she is the storm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that for real?

Deleted
    Simply retarded people.

The guy showed some redeeming qualities but the woman is just outright crazy.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:15 PM ----------

Maybe you should watch it first. /facepalm

I'm at a loss for words...just wow...
    I wonder how people become like that, and even more, how they could ever be allowed to reach adulthood in a country where there are guns in about every household..

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Maybe you should watch it first.
    Maybe you should read the thread before commenting? /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Nah, the people who make the ads just know that the bits where he acts like a jerk are what gets people watching the show, so that's the bit they advertise. Like I said, even in the show, you can see him acting plenty nice to people when they deserve it. I think he just kinda treats the contestants on HK that badly because 1: it gets ratings and 2: they're all supposed to be professional chefs and they're failing at really simple stuff.
    People don't seem to realize that the people he's screaming at on those commercials are people trying to be professional chefs that, in the ones where he goes ballistic, will take an hour and a half and 15 tries to get a piece of meat cooked the proper way.

Seriously. Season 2 of Hell's Kitchen they went an hour and a half before a single plate actually left the kitchen cooked properly. Of course he's going ballistic.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Maybe you should read the thread before commenting? /facepalm
    Maybe I react instantly. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    People don't seem to realize that the people he's screaming at on those commercials are people trying to be professional chefs that, in the ones where he goes ballistic, will take an hour and a half and 15 tries to get a piece of meat cooked the proper way.

Seriously. Season 2 of Hell's Kitchen they went an hour and a half before a single plate actually left the kitchen cooked properly. Of course he's going ballistic.
    It is perfectly okay to get mad, even angry, but to be jumping around and screaming, and just hollering at them does fuck all. To me, it just shows he is nothing more then a paid character, to act like an ass, rather then a professional capable of handling himself.

I'd be ashamed if he was in the same field I was in.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Maybe I react instantly. /facepalm
    Maybe if you stopped the /facepalm you might be able to read the whole thread? /facepalm

(This is fun!)

Stopped watching Kitchen Nightmares awhile ago along with Food Network's Restaurant Impossilbe (K.N. much better show). Basically they became the same show over and over again. While I am not and have never been in the food service industry I am amazed at a) how many idiots with no experience buy restaurants and try to run them and b) the ones who have made a go of it, basically along somewhere just quit and their service and restaurant look like crap. The best ones are the people who actually let their restaurant be shown when say the kitchen is complete filth, food is spoiled and of course rodent/pest problems.

What kills me about these shows is they help they get from say a 3 star Michellan chef like Ramsey. I am, WoW!! I wish my business Bill Gates stopped by and consulted me. Don't get me wrong its a show and Ramsey benefits more than restaurant but if anyone who believes in "survival of the fittess", this should be it. If you are too lazy or too ignorant than your business should fail.

On another note: Hell's Kitchen is okay, I watch it. To me the chef's they get are really bad, or they definately make them to look bad, which is stupid because one of them may become a chef of restaurant. I don't like all the swearing (this is coming from a swear master btw) or the stupid fake fights but overall I watch it. Now Top Chef on the other hand is my favorite. I love 3 judges (too lazy to look up other two) and the competitors seem to have a real touch as far as cooking.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2013-05-15 at 10:27 AM.