Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It is perfectly okay to get mad, even angry, but to be jumping around and screaming, and just hollering at them does fuck all. To me, it just shows he is nothing more then a paid character, to act like an ass, rather then a professional capable of handling himself.

I'd be ashamed if he was in the same field I was in.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 11:21 AM ----------

Maybe if you stopped the /facepalm you might be able to read the whole thread? /facepalm

(This is fun!)
    Maybe I don't read the whole thread because it's too much pages. /facepalm

It is perfectly okay to get mad, even angry, but to be jumping around and screaming, and just hollering at them does fuck all. To me, it just shows he is nothing more then a paid character, to act like an ass, rather then a professional capable of handling himself.

He doesn't start off that way, though. He starts calm but blunt. But after the 6th or 7th failed dish, he loses it. He has no patience for people that claim to want to cook, but clearly don't actually have the passion.

He goes over the top on Hell's Kitchen for two reasons: because it's his reputation, and because he is trying to wake these people up.

He's way less over the top on pretty much every other show he has.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Meh, if a trained chef can't get a caesar salad right, or cook a non-raw steak then they deserve to be yelled at. Compare what he sees on Hell's Kitchen with professional chefs with years of experience in restaurants and compare that to the amateur cooks on Masterchef.

I always find it amusing that the restaurants are always surprised at how abrasive Ramsay can be, didn't they watch the show before applying?

Deleted
    Yes, honestly he starts just fine.

The people make him bang his head on a wall because they are too derp.

Don't judge him by Hell's Kitchen. THAT's him being a paid character. In his other shows, you can see that he's a caring human, passionate about the field he works in. Sure, he's blunt and abrasive sometimes. Other than in Hell's Kitchen, though, he pretty much only goes over the top when someone deserves it (or seems to deserve it, in how the show is cut together).

Like I said earlier in the thread, I've met him. He had no reason to talk to me at all, but he spent about half an hour chatting with me. He seemed honestly interested in the conversation, did not once seem like he needed to be elsewhere, and we parted ways at a natural ending to the talk. Good guy, in my limited anecdotal experience.

Of course... I've never worked for him. My opinion would probably change then.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Meh, if a trained chef can't get a caesar salad right, or cook a non-raw steak then they deserve to be yelled at. Compare what he sees on Hell's Kitchen with professional chefs with years of experience in restaurants and compare that to the amateur cooks on Masterchef.

I always find it amusing that the restaurants are always surprised at how abrasive Ramsay can be, didn't they watch the show before applying?

i think it's part of the delusion that they think THIS time ramsay will say omg this is so good why aren't you packed everynight

Deleted
    I have done myself a great disservice by not having seen this before. This error has now been corrected.

belfpala;21134722]Don't judge him by Hell's Kitchen. THAT's him being a paid character. In his other shows, you can see that he's a caring human, passionate about the field he works in. Sure, he's blunt and abrasive sometimes. Other than in Hell's Kitchen, though, he pretty much only goes over the top when someone deserves it (or seems to deserve it, in how the show is cut together).

Yeah Hell's Kitchen is for the ratings. Even in the old Kitchen Nightmares he never really flipped like he does in HK. Top Chef, again is great becaue him and the other judges are really mentors. He has that dry wit about him also. Kind of a smartass but everything he says has a point to be taken.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2013-05-15 at 10:33 AM.

At first I wanted to try writing about that hourly salary that waitress is receiving, which kinda looked like the only good thing in this restaurant. But after some googling about wagges and tips(in fear of being ridiculated) seems that that isn't as good as it looked at first.
    All in all, one of the worst place they have ever showed in kitchen nightmares :/
    The episode was fun to watch atleast ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Missed this one, thanks for posting. Those owners are insane. The guy seemed at least open to reason finally but the wife is absolutely batshit crazy.

Also, the bit about the gangster... ahaha

I really hope those people don't have kids or they'll be fucked up kids. If they break away though then good for them.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Missed this one, thanks for posting. Those owners are insane. The guy seemed at least open to reason finally but the wife is absolutely batshit crazy.

Also, the bit about the gangster... ahaha

I really hope those people don't have kids or they'll be fucked up kids. If they break away though then good for them.
    You missed the part of their kids being cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    You missed the part of their kids being cats!
    That's not an uncommon thing to say, even for non-insane pet owners.

It's kind of sad in a way... the woman obviously had this idea in her head about running a restaurant but her and her husband obviously have NO customer service skills, or talent for cooking, other than on a hobbyist / personal interest level.

That and she is batshit insane, and should find some other business more suited to her whatever her talents are :<

Their treatment of the customers and staff was beyond the pale.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    That's not an uncommon thing to say, even for non-insane pet owners.
    Yes, but to this degree, and coupled with the Facebook posts...

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Yes, but to this degree, and coupled with the Facebook posts...
    Well...she clearly has issues, but that horse has probably already been beaten to a pulp by now. So no need to add my two cents. :P

Deleted
    Bit old for her isn't he?

Watch this all the time on C4 on Monday nights in the UK

I wasn't talking about this show in particular, I'm talking about Ramsey attitude anyway. Having watched that episode (and a few others in the past), I stick by my statement, but I think in this instance, he wanted to be seen as the calm, while she is the storm.
    I get his anger, I get his frustration. I've known many, many professional chef's and they all have somewhat similar attitudes when it comes to cooking. They are doing this as a job, a profession, a career. They have to constantly deal with people like this Amy's Baking Company that makes them and the ENTIRE profession look bad. Watching Ramsay, its PURE passion that drives him for it and hes motivated as well. That's why he yells and screams, because he want's perfection and does not tolerate people not giving their 110%.

I have to say, after watching those video's and reading their Facebook page with deleted comments included, I have not laughed that hard in my life. Quite frankly in that first video at the very start, if that old man even so much as touched me I would have laid his ass out. As a customer that was BEYOND disgusting, if I had to wait an HOUR for one pizza, and then been told to either wait or get the fuck out by a screaming old man who on top of it, demands you pay him money for food you never ate.. I would have decked him into next year when he even grazed me.. beyond disgusting, on top of that, taking tip money from the servers? Beyond reproach in my mind, absolutely criminal and disgusting.
    Last edited by Juno86; 2013-05-15 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage1 View Post
    Bit old for her isn't he?

Watch this all the time on C4 on Monday nights in the UK

Sad now you get to watch how the Americans act. I was old school and watched the originals when he was in Great Britain on BBC-America. Those had the same problems but Ramsey's real logic behind it was to improve the quality of restaurant food in Great Britain. Also watched Gordon Ramsey's F Word, loved that show and he had somewhat of a spinoff or whatever when he did bes restaurant in Great Britain, where he first broke it down into cuisine then they had a cookoff. Great show!

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Maybe I don't read the whole thread because it's too much pages. /facepalm
    Maybe the thread has too many pages because of all our /facepalm posts? /facepalm

Deleted
    amy seems to suffer from a serious disorder, maybe Narcissistic personality disorder. no sane person behaves like this.