Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't understand why, but a friend of mine plays a private vanilla server once in a while, all they do is raid molten core since they can't find enough people to do the others, because of new people comming and going. They clear that 10 boss endless trash 40 man raid, with only 20 people in 3 hours.

When he told me i couldn't stop thinking of doing a 25 man ToT run with 12-13 people or a 10 man with 5. I guess thats the difference in the player quality of today, when you unleash them in the old environment the difference really shows, and thats exactly why i don't understand why he plays there, why would you do content that easy over and over?

Quote Originally Posted by ONIskier View Post
    Wouldnt Ionization be absolutely terrible. Couldnt only one or two healers dispel magic?
    Also wouldnt alliance dps be WAY lower since in the pools they wouldnt have lust.
    No bloodlust till TBC buddy.

MC (and to a lesser extent onyxia where if you just brought ranged dps due to the importance of p2) was really the only instance you could significantly under-man like that, as nothing had enrage timers. i mean, it was the very first raid content in the *entire game*.

also, in vanilla alliance were massively favored due to kings (10% all stats, including stam) and salv (threat reduction for all your dps), assuming that we were in the vanilla world of low tank dps/tps.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    that sarcasm :x
    Might be sarcasm but god give me at least 10 top people that played vanilla in todays 25 setting and you'd be smoking ToT.
    Damn thats the current top 5 guilds line-up isn't it.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Althalus View Post
    Might be sarcasm but god give me at least 10 top people that played vanilla in todays 25 setting and you'd be smoking ToT.
    This just in, people who have been playing a game for 8 years have gotten good at it. News at 11.

Really though, I used to be in a Naxx40 guild (we didn't clear, but we got about 1/2 of it down) and I have a few videos from Naxx/AQ on my hard drive kicking around, and it's funny watching them because of how fucking awful we were. Keyboard turning, clicking skills, beating the hardest bosses with no more than 2-3 buttons on my priest... no way we could get away with that shit these days.

Of course, if it really were Jin'rokh in Vanilla, there'd be some some weird bug that would make the boss unkillable for 4 weeks, and maybe this thing where if someone with an AMD card looks at a certain spot on the wall the client crashes (anyone else remember that from Nefs room if you used an ATI card back in the day? Staring at the corner all day so my video card didn't crash ftw).

Deleted
    Raid mechanics were a joke, the hard part was managing a 40 man raid.

Deleted
    Are we talking the entire fight transferred over including today's mechanics and classes?

Or the same fight with Vanilla's classes, their abilities (or lack thereof)? Like dispels, who could even dispel magic in vanilla? I don't remember but I think Horde side it was only Priests? Have fun dealing with Ionization...

Also would the room get larger to accommodate 40 people?

No shit, 10 top players are 10 top players. The mechanics of boss fights in vanilla were vastly less complex than today's. Maybe a bit less so in AQ40 and Naxx, but then again that's why 95% of vanilla players never saw those instances.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2013-05-17 at 10:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    Not more than 1 attempt, vanilla players were way more skilled.
    lol

10 chars

Warning; Don't spam. (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-05-17 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    It would probably die in one attempt and be the easiest boss in the instance. Stack NR gear, profit.

You're talking about Vanilla mechanics, right?
    lol@ farming maraudon for NR blues... good old days

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    I don't understand why, but a friend of mine plays a private vanilla server once in a while, all they do is raid molten core since they can't find enough people to do the others, because of new people comming and going. They clear that 10 boss endless trash 40 man raid, with only 20 people in 3 hours.

When he told me i couldn't stop thinking of doing a 25 man ToT run with 12-13 people or a 10 man with 5. I guess thats the difference in the player quality of today, when you unleash them in the old environment the difference really shows, and thats exactly why i don't understand why he plays there, why would you do content that easy over and over?
    Maybe for some good memories he has ? There is ton of things that dissapeared from game/got completly redesigned/ changed over last years maybe he likes that apsect of game and thats hwy he plays there -_-

Incorrect. Vanilla Raid Bosses were much more based around meeting arbitrary requirements, such as have X Resistance, or Y Potions. There was very little skill required in most of the bosses back in Vanilla, it just required a lot more time to prepare for that raid, to get everyone there, and learn the boss because the community didn't provide as many guides, videos and the Dungeon Journal wasn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    If the boss was tuned as it is now? About the same amount of time. If it was tuned by vanilla standards, awhile.
    Again, wrong. Vanilla bosses had no-where near as many mechanics and important functions in their fights, as we do have today.

He would have died on 1st day. Vanilla private servers have needed to buff Naxxramas' bosses by 100% in damage and hp, people today are much more skilled and have many more addons and resources to help them out that they didn't have in Vanilla. Part of what made Vanilla hard was the fact that people sucked.

Deleted
    It's so hilarious how you guys believed what I said At least someone understood I was trolling.

What is making me worry are the people who're saying it for real. :X
    Last edited by mmoce758d016cd; 2013-05-17 at 02:43 PM.

Equip resist set, stand in puddles.

This statement makes no sense... Vanilla WoW players were severely less skilled than todays players. There were bad players and good players back them just as there are today but there were 2 major diferences :

1 - The fights were mechanicwise waaaay simpler than they are today (ye I know C'thun was unkilabel on launch but thats cause blizz messed up the tunning but seriously C'thun has like 3 skills), most guilds had more troble mantaining a 40 man roster that didnt include like 10-20 completly useless players than actualy killing bosses.

2 - Raids were tunned for good players only, nowadays you have multiple dificultys nerfs and whatnot so everyone gets to raid even the not so skilled players, but make no mistakes the good players of today are better than the ones form Vanilla.

If H Jin Rock was a 40 man Vanilla boss (considering hed also have vanilla tunning, meaning hed hit for half the tanks health and require stupid DPS to be killed) Id say hed be harder than most bosses, he is a simple boss by todays standards but a boss with this many skills would be considered complex on Vanilla.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-05-17 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    I find it hilarious how so many ppl can't get the sarcasm in his post :/

Anyway, it would die right away, just like in MoP.

Obv fights are a lot more complex nowadays...but Naxx 40 is still the hardest raid ever released when you consider all the factors. I think less than 10 US horde guilds actually killed KT before BC came out

Exactly this "...but Naxx 40 is still the hardest raid ever released ".

At each expansion the difficulty curve is beeing reset, and lowered to a lower point than what the first tier of the previous expansion had.
    So even if there is more complex mechanichs added, the overall difficulty considering "everything" makes Vanilla raiding the hardest ever in WoW.

Nowadays a boss rarely have more than a couple lethal mechanics, while in Vanilla everything was lethal unless handled flawlessly.
    Healers had a big job on managing mana, rotating who could regen, and way larger individual responsibilities.

Ouro, Loatheb, 4H, Gothik & Lethon(pre nerf) comes to mind as bosses very few Guilds was able to kill due to just not being spoonfed the tactics.
    (and my guild at the time killed 4H with 6tanks(even 1 bear) at 60 within world top20, so you didn't need 8 tanks.)

KT and C'thun was not the hardest by themself, but those people who belittle those fights did for sure not kill them at 60.
    Both needed 40 People to really focus for a long fight, 1 tentacle or frost bomb could easy wipe the raid.

With interrupts and taunts able to miss, noone beeing hitcapped, very low hp/mana pools, the game was so much "harder" in all aspects.

Deleted
    <snip>

Warning; Don't post meme's (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-05-17 at 05:13 PM.

Personally I think that Vanilla guilds would equip their raiders with nature resistance gear so they could survive the nature damage instead of moving out of the shit...