Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stop confusing Casual players with EASY Content.

I feel blizzard has confused the meaning of a casual player with wanting easy content or unable to do challenging content.

News Flash

If you only do Challenge modes you are Casual. Bronze/Silver/Gold

If you only ran heroic Dungeons in BC you are Casual.

If all you do is farm herbs all day 12 hours a day YOU ARE HARDCORE.

If you play the AH 12 hours a day you are HARDCORE.

If all you do is pet battle and LFR all day YOU ARE HARDCORE.

Fact is Casual vs hardcore is only related to how many man hours you actually put into this game.

If you ran LFR over and over again (my god I dont know why you would subject yourself to that) you would be considered hardcore.

Just stop lumping players into one catagory (blizzard , forum posters etc) get your facts strait. Casual doesn't equal ability.

Blizzard can add content that is casual but difficult. And challenge modes were a good start. We need more casual content NOT easy content. Dailies are not casual, they are tedious and boring and if you do all the dailies in the game every day you would be considered a hardcore player.

If you wipe with 10 other players in a bad guild 4-5 times a week in raids and you cant even get past horridon , guess what? YOU ARE HARDCORE you just have very limited skill. Hell my guild full clears TOT in a day and barely log on for the rest of the week. Now tell me who is more casual?

I would argue that Vanilla and BC had more "casual" content (remember dont confuse casual WITH EASY now. ) I could run Heroics that were actually hard and get some semblance of progression. I could run a 10 man raid called karazhan (remember dont confuse casual and accessable with EASY). I could do attunements etc.

LOOKING FOR RAID IS EASY CONTENT NOT CASUAL CONTENT. And Blizzard has the whole thing confused and so do alot of players.

DO NOT CONFUSE YOUR INABILITY TO PLAY WELL WITH BEING A CASUAL PLAYER you are a player that needs to get better at game mechanics and your class stop trying to lump everyone with you as alot of people do not have the time to play BUT have the ability and dont want to log on an do faceroll content (LFR/Heroics that are easier than Vanilla/BC normals etc).

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by ManOluck; 2013-05-16 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC heroics were so not casual. Kara after they nerfed the trash and finally offered badges was more casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    TBC heroics were so not casual. Kara after they nerfed the trash and finally offered badges was more casual.

..... did you even read the post?

LFR is just meant for people to catch up or for people who cant schedule raids. I don't see what doing normal raids casually and doing LFR have to do with each other or why you can't just do the one that you think is the appopriate difficulty for your lack of time.

There are plenty of normal mode raids for the casual player now, even more so than in TBC. Not all the content they add is for everyone and they try to vary the time sinks across a variety of activities.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. My sig pretty much lays out the problem with casuals right now. Blizz assumes all casuals run LFR, so to get beyond it requires hardcore-level effort.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Pretty sure Blizzard implicitly avoids using the terms 'casual' and 'hardcore' and doesn't look at the players in that light at all. They design content that can be played over 15-30 minutes (Scenarios, Challenge Modes, Dungeons, Dailies, BG) or over multiple hours and days (Raiding).

They did make challenging content for players with less time investments with Challenge Modes, Arenas, RBG's and will be making more with Heroic Scenarios.

I'm missing your point here.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    TBC heroics were so not casual.
    you could play them casually. It was not guaranteed that you clean them every time, depends on the group you got, but casual never had "sure to win" in the definition.

Deleted
    Agree with you in all points... My time for playing WoW ist very rare, but if i find time to play, i must do lfr/"heroics" to gear my character... but this is boring as hell. I could just smash any buttons but the right ones and would still down all bosses. The thing is, to progress ur character u have to do it. The challenge mode dailies is the first thing i do, but they are still too easy.. but compared to the rest challenging. Nextto them there is no content that isnt easy as fuck....

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    you could play them casually. It was not guaranteed that you clean them every time, depends on the group you got, but casual never had "sure to win" in the definition.
    O look a player that actually gets it. And is not part of the masses of unskilled players wanting everything handed to them on a silver platter. The UNSKILLED masses not the casual masses.

Deleted
    I agree. I would stil be playing if the game offered me a sense of a casual yet challenging progression. I did complete the Brawler's guild, and I did do some of the challenge modes, but none of them offered a sense of progression. Any other content offered zero casual approach without being mindnumbing easy.

Read the forums long enough, and you'll realize that casual and hardcore are nothing more than very movable goalposts that people use to bolster their own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Read the forums long enough, and you'll realize that casual and hardcore are nothing more than very movable goalposts that people use to bolster their own opinions.

exactly and that is what prompted me to make this post.

It does nothing to help the game except confuse people and blizzard, hense blizzard confusing casual content with easy content.

I guess that makes me a casual 11/12 HM raider.

Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Awarelol View Post

Cool.
    yep. You just have skill. Gratz to you and your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulong View Post
    Agree with you in all points... My time for playing WoW ist very rare, but if i find time to play, i must do lfr/"heroics" to gear my character... but this is boring as hell. I could just smash any buttons but the right ones and would still down all bosses. The thing is, to progress ur character u have to do it. The challenge mode dailies is the first thing i do, but they are still too easy.. but compared to the rest challenging. Nextto them there is no content that isnt easy as fuck....
    So you are doing LFR to progress your character but you hate LFR, so why are you gearing up your character? So you can do more LFR that you hate? Doesn't make any sense to me that you 'have' to do it to continue progessing in LFR. I could understand 'having to' if you wanted to progress -quickly- to current tier to raid without spending the guilds time gearing you up but even then thats less of a 'have to' than a 'I choose to because its more efficient'.

I got to ilevel 480 in 8 hours, and it was worth the effort knowing I can raid with my alt this friday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So you are doing LFR to progress your character but you hate LFR, so why are you gearing up your character? So you can do more LFR that you hate? Doesn't make any sense to me that you 'have' to do it to continue progessing in LFR. I could understand 'having to' if you wanted to progress -quickly- to current tier to raid without spending the guilds time gearing you up but even then thats less of a 'have to' than a 'I choose to because its more efficient'.

I got to ilevel 480 in 8 hours, and it was worth the effort knowing I can raid with my alt this friday.
    because i like to solo stuff. But to be able to kill certain bosses u need more and more gear to progress further

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Pretty much this, but you can even change casual/hardcore with most every other moniker and get a formula for 95% of forum topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Awarelol View Post

Cool.
    Pssssst. There are 13 heroics
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    No, you really coudln't. Doing a BC heroic typically took at least half an hour to an hour, sometimes more, of sitting in Shattrath spamming "LFG! LFG! LFG!" in trade chat. God help you if you wanted to do a heroic that wasn't needed for an attunement, either. The run itself, if you had the good fortune to actually get a group, could easily take half an hour to an hour or more.

Under no definition of the word were BC heroics ever "casual."

TO me casual has always meant, "Plays 1-2 hours every day or every other day" That 1-2 hours could be spent doing HMs, farming herbs, 2200+ arena, pet battles, what ever that player wants.

Casual and hardcore, to me, are terms of time commitment, NOT skill.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    No, you really coudln't. Doing a BC heroic typically took at least half an hour to an hour, sometimes more, of sitting in Shattrath spamming "LFG! LFG! LFG!" in trade chat. God help you if you wanted to do a heroic that wasn't needed for an attunement, either. The run itself, if you had the good fortune to actually get a group, could easily take half an hour to an hour or more.

Under no definition of the word were BC heroics ever "casual."
    obviously, if you had only 15 minute free time aa time, would be tough to run TBC dungeons. , like you said there were between 30 minute to an hours, depending on which one plus the time to find a group (depends on your class)

casual play has a wider definition you give him. some casual player have larger chuck of free time. How long is a LFR run these days?