Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post
    Sunni and Shias are already in the middle of WWIII fighting in Syria.

We just don't care, because it isn't in europe / north america. And because regardless of which side wins, or if we support their efforts, they are likely to be as anti-american/israel as the post-arab spring Egyptian government has become.
    How is a civil war in an insignificant middle eastern country classed as a world war?

Deleted
    While what is going on in syria is terrible that is not even close to a world war. That is a civil war with a ongoing rebelion against the alawites ruling Syria.

10+ Year Old Account

We just don't care, because it isn't in europe / north america. And because regardless of which side wins, or if we support their efforts, they are likely to be as anti-american/israel as the post-arab spring Egyptian government has become.
    If it only involves one or two countries, it isn't a world war.

WWI and WWII occured across the planet, on multiple continents. There's no comparison between those wars and the fighting in the Middle East at the moment.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    You guys can have Skåne back if you win, i would not mind that.
    Hey, I'm Scanian, not cool dude. :| Even those that dislike Sweden admit that they'd rather be a part of Sweden than Denmark.

While what is going on in syria is terrible that is not even close to a world war. That is a civil war with a ongoing rebelion against the alawites ruling Syria.
    Right, and the alawites are the minority Shia, who are receiving tons of external support from other Shia rules countries. Meanwhile the rebel are Sunni's who are primarily getting external support from Sunni countries.

The idea that because it is "just the middle east" doesn't make it not involve the world however. Who's been supplying the ammunition, food, medical supplies for all these fighters... it certainly isn't being produced in syria.

Deleted
    Right, and the alawites are the minority Shia, who are receiving tons of external support from other Shia rules countries. Meanwhile the rebel are Sunni's who are primarily getting external support from Sunni countries.

The idea that because it is "just the middle east" doesn't make it not involve the world however. Who's been supplying the ammunition, food, medical supplies for all these fighters... it certainly isn't being produced in syria.
    A world war mostly implies a war involving a lot of countries, not a war with a lot of countries supplying. It's not like the Korean War is considered WW3.

Deleted

Other countries sending supplies to varied sources still do not make it a world war in its current shape, its a conflict concentrated in a fairly small country. In WW2 the whole of europe was in flames with war efforts going on in large parts of africa, the whole pacific ocean and on asian mainland while also stretching into russia from the eastern front. What is going on in Syria is not even close to that scale.

Other countries sending supplies to varied sources still do not make it a world war in its current shape, its a conflict concentrated in a fairly small country. In WW2 the whole of europe was in flames with war efforts going on in large parts of africa, the whole pacific ocean and on asian mainland. What is going on in Syria is not even close to that scale.
    If WW2 is the standard, it'll just never happen again. WW1 however, was primarily Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Earth vs. Mars

Humans and martians.

You said WORLD war, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Earth vs. Mars

Humans and martians.

You said WORLD war, right?
    A few billion humans vs a couple of rovers we put there in the first place?

My money is on the rovers.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter how much we want to keep peace and how much afraid the nuclear owners are of using their arsenals, as the time passes we're more and more closer for firghting for natural resourses. If we manage to keep the world civil for like 50 more years the resourse war will start inevitably. Most likely non-nuclear war then.
    And here it goes: who has "too much resourses, which is even unfair to own alone"? Russia, and those of oil-makers of arabian world who are still untouched by those times.
    So the targets are clear. Who will want to make them share? All others together, not one country.
    That's a WW.
    Hopefully by that time humanity will pass the hydrocarbons stage of energy production so there will be less reasons for such a scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    At our current rate, American is much more likely to be involved in a civil war.
    Well civil war?
    More like people vs government.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    At our current rate, American is much more likely to be involved in a civil war.
    I don't think it would ever come to that. Despite our differences, we're Americans. For the most part.

However, anythings possible, although I'd put my money on a revolution.
    Proud Conservative and lover of guns, freedom and the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Hey, I'm Scanian, not cool dude. :| Even those that dislike Sweden admit that they'd rather be a part of Sweden than Denmark.
    See thats successful indoctrination, we made you danish folks feel swedish. The Swedfication of Scania and the other danish areas is one of our proudest moments, many innocents were killed and slaughtered or displaced to the Baltics. Good times, good times.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And can we dig that unconventional oil out of the ground and use it affordibly?
    That's how economics works. We don't pull it out of the ground right now because it's not economical to do so. The costs of getting at it outweigh the money to be made from the oil that can be obtained.

As conventional oil dries up, it gets more expensive. As it gets more expensive, it becomes more cost effective to pull the more difficult oil out of the ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    See thats successful indoctrination, we made you danish folks feel swedish. The Swedfication of Scania and the other danish areas is one of our proudest moments, many innocents were killed and slaughtered or displaced to the Baltics. Good times, good times.
    I'm

not

DANISH

Godammit!

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything starts a WW3 is Pakistan v India...

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 08:23 PM ----------

I'm

not

DANISH

Godammit!
    Tomatoketchup on a Danish sounds awful.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I'm

not

DANISH

Godammit!
    If you're in Scania, you wouldn't happen to be in Malmö I suppose?

I don't think there will be a third world war.

10+ Year Old Account
    sometime in the future including people. most likely alot of ehm
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup