Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I rea llywish I knew if Normal v Heroic v Mythic matttered. Thanks for these numbers though.

I really think my luck on these is just shit. 1 mount in ~800 islands overall and 0/16 on boxes.
    It was actually stated by Blizzard at some point that the difficulty does matter (the higher diff, the better chance), though of course it's unclear as to how much it matters exactly. From what I remember back in 8.0 and 8.1 the general consensus was to run normals, because mythics were really hard back then. Now this is no longer so though, and the speed of clearing is pretty much the same in a geared group, so there's no reason to run anything below mythic if you're going for mounts. Plus you get way more dubloons on mythic (average of 11-12 per island).

I run about 300+ mythic islands in 8.2, and received 0 mounts, so they must have tweaked the rates up, or I'm having some crazy insane luck in 8.3 all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It was actually stated by Blizzard at some point that the difficulty does matter (the higher diff, the better chance), though of course it's unclear as to how much it matters exactly. From what I remember back in 8.0 and 8.1 the general consensus was to run normals, because mythics were really hard back then. Now this is no longer so though, and the speed of clearing is pretty much the same in a geared group, so there's no reason to run anything below mythic if you're going for mounts. Plus you get way more dubloons on mythic (average of 11-12 per island).

I run about 300+ mythic islands in 8.2, and received 0 mounts, so they must have tweaked the rates up, or I'm having some crazy insane luck in 8.3 all of a sudden.
    That's interesting and good info.

I have done around 200-220 IE on heroic since 8.3 launch, and still no mount drop. Hower I got three IE mounts on the boxes.

I got my first two island mounts after roughly 400 runs just before this weeks reset. Granted, most were done pre 8.3.

Logged my 150th kill on Shadowclaw in Darkshore and somehow still don't have that mount... it seems impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I have done around 200-220 IE on heroic since 8.3 launch, and still no mount drop. Hower I got three IE mounts on the boxes.
    Maybe I got quite lucky after all. Still, it's worth remembering that IE mounts are not just available from each island in the same way. Islands still have potential drops attached to them, maybe you were just unlucky to mostly get the islands that you already had your mounts from? Or islands that are just not rich in drops?

Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    Logged my 150th kill on Shadowclaw in Darkshore and somehow still don't have that mount... it seems impossible.
    This sounds unreal. You're either the most unlucky person in the entire world or something is wrong here. The drop rate for that is 5%.

Aren't you Alliance by any chance? In that case you should kill Croz Blodrage instead to get this mount, Shadowclaw won't drop it (might not even be available to be killed by Alliance, just tying to make sense of the situation).
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-03-26 at 01:27 AM.

I also get the idea that Island drop rates are much better. Didn't get one prior to 8.3, now got my first one.

I don't know why Corpse Eater specifically got looked at for having a drop rate increase and something as sadistic as Soundless didn't. Maybe recency reasons? Well, I still appreciate it.

Maybe I got quite lucky after all. Still, it's worth remembering that IE mounts are not just available from each island in the same way. Islands still have potential drops attached to them, maybe you were just unlucky to mostly get the islands that you already had your mounts from? Or islands that are just not rich in drops?

This sounds unreal. You're either the most unlucky person in the entire world or something is wrong here. The drop rate for that is 5%.

Aren't you Alliance by any chance? In that case you should kill Croz Blodrage instead to get this mount, Shadowclaw won't drop it (might not even be available to be killed by Alliance, just tying to make sense of the situation).
    I started 8.3 with 1 island mount and have every island mount as of 2 weeks ago. All but 1 came from the new caches and it didnt require an obscene amount of grinding eaither.
    Mount chance feels like 15-20% from a cache.

I am at 60 atempts on both skullripper and croz and have yet to get there mounts but somehow got the low drop soundless, rustfeather and the mech spider all under 30 kills each.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I rea llywish I knew if Normal v Heroic v Mythic matttered. Thanks for these numbers though.

I really think my luck on these is just shit. 1 mount in ~800 islands overall and 0/16 on boxes.
    That box luck is really bad!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

I don't know why Corpse Eater specifically got looked at for having a drop rate increase and something as sadistic as Soundless didn't. Maybe recency reasons? Well, I still appreciate it.
    I was under the impression that it was a 1% drop like the rest and was happy when I got it a couple of weeks back. After seeing the hotfix and checking the drop on wowhead was 0.38% I was quite suprised.

Very pleased as this was one I really wanted. 3rd Mount so far, all from normal islands.

Well focusing on on Mythic islands yielded the Twilight Avenger this week, thanks dragons. 2nd IE mount and yay it's a good one.

Got the dubs for 4 boxes but no purple boxes to buy, but I feel like my luck has to turn around on those.

Blimey, another one from Normal (4th)

10+ Year Old Account

Good week, I hate Soundless

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account

33 runs, finally got this bad boy. Glad I don't need to do this raid anymore!
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Last week there were no good boxes for me so I saved some dubloons instead. Bought 1 Rotting Mire Salvage just now and got this That's now 7/9 IE mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post

33 runs, finally got this bad boy. Glad I don't need to do this raid anymore!
    Congrats man! Sounds like you're a casual farmer,I hope this will motivate you to do some more mount farms.

I didn't target any week/island in particular, just did the weekly cap. And this week, 30 islands combined across my characters (in mythic or heroic), 0 mounts. Only 1 box bought, 1 mount (twilight avenger). RNG is weird.

I'm trying to farm mounts a bit (269 currently) and, honestly, I don't know how the collectors find the mental fortitude (or numbness) to farm mounts especially with such low drop rates. It seems so ungrateful.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-04-02 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I'm trying to farm mounts a bit (269 currently) and, honestly, I don't know how the collectors find the mental fortitude (or numbness) to farm mounts especially with such low drop rates. It seems so ungrateful.
    It does require a certain mindset I guess. If you're expecting to get it at every attempt you're bound to be disappointed. For me personally mount farming is pretty fun and relaxing in general. Of course it does depend a bit on the activity that it requires, but these days even islands are pretty fun because of how easy it is to destroy them with the current gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

...both are drops!!!...
    Last edited by Grof; 2020-04-03 at 01:13 PM.

Finally got Mail Muncher - Sure it was over a 150 mailboxes. I started counting the last couple of weeks and have 57 for that, so a lot more before then.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Got this bad boy! Super lucky too, 7th try
    Still need to get that mage tier set belt tho so I have to keep running this horrible place..
    E: Started Garrison Invasions for the first time and got Shadowhide Pearltusk
    Last edited by Rautx; 2020-04-07 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG][/IMG]

another drop...6/9
    boxes...0/23