Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    About time but I still stand by my statement that none of things changes would have happen if it was not for the fact that the XboxOne was barely being reserved after E3.

But with that said its a good thing and in the end the Gamer's and Indle Dev's win and but I still feel the damage has been done. Once a company gets label something its hard to get rid of it just look at EA. Hell Activison use to be seen as the spawn of the devil until EA decided to take over that role. So unless another big gaming console company "Nintendo/Sony" dose something super bad it will be hard for them to get rid of that Label.

Still a win for gamer's and Indle devs tho and that is always a good thing. Now the question is will Indle devs start going to the XboxOne or is it to little to late.

Wasn't it already difficult for serious Indie developers to do well on the 360? I can't remember what it was, but something about how they ran it made things hard to patch and edit games.

Besides that though, these changes are only giving the diehard fans breathing room to say their purchase of a One was justifiable. I think most people will stick with the PS4 and WII U, or move to PCs.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Wasn't it already difficult for serious Indie developers to do well on the 360? I can't remember what it was, but something about how they ran it made things hard to patch and edit games.
    Certification was long as hell and patching was expensive (IIRC $40k per patch), so it wasn't the friendliest towards indies. Microsoft has recently removed their patch fee (so patching is now free for all developers) and they're apparently working to cut down their certification time to around 2 weeks (dramatic improvement but still pretty long).

And before someone accuses me of being one sided, Sony's certification process isn't really that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Certification was long as hell and patching was expensive (IIRC $40k per patch), so it wasn't the friendliest towards indies. Microsoft has recently removed their patch fee (so patching is now free for all developers) and they're apparently working to cut down their certification time to around 2 weeks (dramatic improvement but still pretty long).

And before someone accuses me of being one sided, Sony's certification process isn't really that much better.
    It was just slightly better before but right now I am not sure myself and I think it was 50k per patch but ether way was not a small fee and kinda why games like Fez took forever to get a update.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

How can Wii even "win" against somethings that do not directly compete with it? It's doesn't exactly target the same demographic as Xbox/Playstation do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Now all they need to do is remove the necessity for Kinect and lower the price point for boxes without it and I'll gladly get back on the Xbone bandwagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    How can Wii even "win" against somethings that do not directly compete with it? It's doesn't exactly target the same demographic as Xbox/Playstation do.
    The Wii/Xbox360/Ps3 Target Gamer's and the Wii also Target family/Older people.

How is it not competing with the other 2.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yet another, we're wrong lets change our stance. I think we need to rebrand the xbox one, it is a shadow of the monstrosity they tried to come up with a few months ago. Suprisingly after all the changes, the xbox one seems to be doing well again, we told them so..

Worst PR and reveal followed by change after change after change, never seen anything like it. If this was in the pipeworks months ago, then god damn say it then, don't let everyone bitch for months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Well, yet another, we're wrong lets change our stance. I think we need to rebrand the xbox one, it is a shadow of the monstrosity they tried to come up with a few months ago. Suprisingly after all the changes, the xbox one seems to be doing well again, we told them so..

Worst PR and reveal followed by change after change after change, never seen anything like it. If this was in the pipeworks months ago, then god damn say it then, don't let everyone bitch for months.
    It sucks that they couldn't just wait it out to see what the results of their DRM restrictions were going to be like. We were not 100% sure if this was going to be a catastrophe (pretty sure it was since Diablo 3 and Simcity online both had terrible online problems) and they were just so afraid of their sales projections .

This is worth watching
    YOU can MAKE XBOX ONE Games! - Inside Gaming Daily

On that note, Project Spark looks amazing. It's like Minecraft but more to my liking aesthetically from what I've read.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    On that note, Project Spark looks amazing. It's like Minecraft but more to my liking aesthetically from what I've read.
    Much deeper than Minecraft in terms of what you can do with creating actual scenarios and full games within it.

Much deeper than Minecraft in terms of what you can do with creating actual scenarios and full games within it.
    For some reason I was under the impression you could do that in Minecraft; never played. The more you know I guess.

But yea, the line up for games so far has me leaning MAJORLY towards the xbone right now but until they remove the kinect requirement (which they just said they wouldn't), I'm not going to get the console after finding out about Microsoft's involvement in collecting user data for the NSA. Even with all their other anti-consumerist policies I was ready to buy the console but the spying thing is way WAY too far.

For some reason I was under the impression you could do that in Minecraft; never played. The more you know I guess.

But yea, the line up for games so far has me leaning MAJORLY towards the xbone right now but until they remove the kinect requirement (which they just said they wouldn't), I'm not going to get the console after finding out about Microsoft's involvement in collecting user data for the NSA. Even with all their other anti-consumerist policies I was ready to buy the console but the spying thing is way WAY too far.
    Pretty much every major tech company was involved. Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Apple, if they had access to tons of personal data, the NSA was forcing them to hand over information.

I dont get that mentallity, Do you own a laptop with a webcam? Most of them you cant unplug, Do you own a phone? It has a camera, If they want to tap into a camera to watch you the kinect wont be the first way to do it. Any dillusion that you have that someone cannot watch or learn things about you should have been disspelled long ago, Snowden brought some of that to light. If your so paranoid about the kinect then i expect you to put your phone or laptop into a lead box when not using them, since thats the only way you could keep someone from accessing them.

With or without the XBone, you're being watched. Might as well get used to it.

Pretty much every major tech company was involved. Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Apple, if they had access to tons of personal data, the NSA was forcing them to hand over information.
    Yea I guess, it's just more disconcerting than before even though I've been well aware of it. And with purchasing the xbone over the ps4 it just seems...voluntary.

Yea I guess, it's just more disconcerting than before even though I've been well aware of it. And with purchasing the xbone over the ps4 it just seems...voluntary.
    Put a box over the kinect while not using it. Problem solved.

I dont get that mentallity, Do you own a laptop with a webcam? Most of them you cant unplug, Do you own a phone? It has a camera, If they want to tap into a camera to watch you the kinect wont be the first way to do it. Any dillusion that you have that someone cannot watch or learn things about you should have been disspelled long ago, Snowden brought some of that to light. If your so paranoid about the kinect then i expect you to put your phone or laptop into a lead box when not using them, since thats the only way you could keep someone from accessing them.
    The only thing in my room that has a camera is my phone, and the camera is never pointed towards me.

And you're misconstruing continued concern/vigilance over privacy with, "OMG JUST LIVE IN A CAVE!". There are still some security issues that Microsoft hasn't really clarified with the Kinect beyond, "Just put something over it or turn it away from you."

Put a box over the kinect while not using it. Problem solved.
    I'm fairly certain the data collection isn't only visual but also auditory. And before you mention it again, no, I don't have my phone on me most of the time. And anyways, the point of bringing this up is to compare it to what the PS4 is providing, not all my other gadgets that I don't play games on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually dont have any concerns over the kinect in regards to privacy, I just think its a shit gimmick that played absolutely turd and costs the earth.