Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a tank we get to set the pace... as this isnt TBC 5 man heroics and I don't have to waste a stupid amount of time doing the 5 man and CC'ing everything I just start mass pulling on zone in! I want my Veng and I want it now! is what I live by and it makes very fast instance runs. If I see a healer having a hard time I just cycle cooldowns (not like you need them for bosses in 5 man) and just keep chain pulling!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jlwvolsfanjr View Post
    this is whats wrong with most tanks you like to pretend your incharge of the dungeon and your better than everyone

nothing pisses me off more than a dumbass tank that takes too much pride in being the person who pulls shit I pull shit to the tank all the time for 2 reasons the tank can pick it up when it gets to us other its half dead if not already dead b4 it gets to us and tanking just sitting there watching is a dumbass and is just wasting the groups time because he cant get over his pride
    It isn't really pride. LET US DO OUR DAMN JOB AND YOU DO YOURS. It's simple really. We signed up as tanks, you as dps. Stick to your role and things should be fine. Things go off the rails and people get pissed when you step outside your role. Unless you discuss it with your group, doing anything outside your role is generally kick worthy. So stop thinking you are hot shit. I just want to do my role and don't want people doing it for me, capeche?

Personally I work out a decent pace so that the healer can handle the incoming damage, and I roll on at that pace.

If a DPS feels a burning innate desire to tank things themselves, I like to avoid getting in the way of their chosen playstyle. Provided I'm operating within the capabilities of the healer I can always keep pulling more to keep me + the healer fully occupied & let that DPS enjoy their tanking experience.

What actually really annoys me are other tanks being uncooperative, which is why I don't run LFR as a tank (despite that having been my only regular raid roll since late BC).

Edit: Generally speaking I don't run with randoms tho, so mostly I'm getting trolled by guildmates trying to pull the entire instance at once & just treat it as good practice dealing with insanity.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2013-05-21 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Upon entering an instance, I greet the party with a comical salutation, count to 10 so everyone gets their bearings/buffs, and then it's off to the races. I will chain pull the entire zone, slowing down just enough to make sure the whole party is in a boss room with a closing door before I pull (because it would be impolite to lock someone out). If the healer is bad, they can ask me to slow and I will. If the dps ask me to slow, I pretend I didn't see my chat. I haven't had a gogogo guy since the first month of MoP.

For the pets taunting: the addon Taunt Tattler Rehashed. It announces to group and sends them a whisper whenever their pet taunts or someone enters a tanking stance. I literally piss them off to the point they turn it off to shut me up.

On my healer alt, if the tank is not pulling fast enough to amuse me, I will go aggro the next group and give him a hug. Of course, this is a broccoliform Druid, so it is rather blatant who is doing the pulling.

The top two things that annoy me in instances are:
    DPS who do not know their ass from a hole in the ground who stand in fire or do negligible DPS.
    And bad DKs. I get a hateboner whenever I run into one of those, then spend a good half of the run, plus another 10-20 minutes after if they actually want, throwing insults mixed with how to play their class. I'd like to think I am personally responsible for a hundred DKs no longer spamming Plague Strike.

this is whats wrong with most tanks you like to pretend your incharge of the dungeon and your better than everyone

nothing pisses me off more than a dumbass tank that takes too much pride in being the person who pulls shit I pull shit to the tank all the time for 2 reasons the tank can pick it up when it gets to us other its half dead if not already dead b4 it gets to us and tanking just sitting there watching is a dumbass and is just wasting the groups time because he cant get over his pride
    If you are pulling stuff, then running it to the tank, you are my hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are two things that annoy me the most:

1. DPS needing on tank gear that I need.
    2. Hunters from South American realms, because 9 times out of 10 they've got growl on and there's nothing I can tell them to make them turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    If the healer tells me to pull faster I will. If some random DPS asks me to pull faster; no. They aren't in any position to dictate the party pace.

I was in an instance last night where our Warlock insisted on pulling for me. That itself isn't too big of a red flag until I politely asked him not to and he just kept on. That's when I started letting him die. And everything was right with the world.
    100% this. Also, I had a ret pally who queued as a healer for a random heroic the other day. (Ended up being Scholo) He didn't have a SINGLE piece of holy gear, so he was basically able to cast about 3 spells before being OOM. He was a nice guy so we worked with him, (dps was pretty decent and didn't stand in things and I just used all my holy power on WoG'ing the group while tanking) but man that was strange. Just buying pvp blues off the AH would've set him up just fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado shanks View Post
    2. DPS that facepull (I generally let them tank whatever they pulled)
    I do this on my disc priest, tanking, dpsing, and healing, all in one spec, generally makes people mad when they actually do it.

It's not a matter of pride, genius. It's a matter of responsibility. The tank is the one responsible for pulling. It's not your job, as a DPS, to help.

Get a fucking clue.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Oh when someone tells me to "Go", I like to sit there for a minute or two and do nothing.
    One person says something you don't care for and you screw the entire group?

Wouldn't it be better to just put that person on ignore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinny View Post
    Don't take me wrong. My main is tank, and I love tanking more than doing anything else. But to address both of your points:

You are probably too slow for the DPS, which is frustration for them as well. If you can pull 2 grp together and you are only pulling 1, the instance will take almost twice as long.

Normally, if a DPS pulls, he normally plays a tank and simply does what he would have done to teach you how to get better. Don't take it negatively. I am never angry at DPS who pulls unless they pull so much that causes wipe...
    This is just the most bullshit thing I've probably ever read on mmochamp posted by anyone ever.

(The official WoW forums have WAY worse, don't worry)

I chainpull straddling that line between blazing through the dungeon and wiping us all in a horrific fashion.

If I stop to scratch my balls for literally 2 seconds, some mouth-breathing neanderthal who is doing quite literally less than 10% of the total DPS in a 5m dungeon sits there and goes "go".

Sorry, am I not carrying you fast enough for your liking, master?

People do this at litereally every level of play, every gear level, every class, every role, there's going to be morons.

It's not limited to tanks, healers, DPS. It's not limited to casuals, PVPheros, or raiders.

I have pet peeves as a tank. But I don't think my entire role is a special snowflake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of you guys are really sensitive about things random nobodies say.

I have a really hard time believing some of you actually do the shit you do. "Oh this random loud person said something that offended me. I'm gunna afk for 3 minutes and make a livejournal entry about the way it made me feel!"

I've not seen stuff like this personally, but I'm also normally tanking in 5 mans. I just go, pull stuff, spam AoEs, pop a few CDs on big pulls yada yada we all know the drill. It's not like the game ever changes. Tanking has swiftly become the easiest role in a group short of afk-autoattacking. Why over complicate it?

Hell half the time I've got music blasting and my chatbox minimized anyway. Why are you guys even paying that much attention to party chat? 80% of the instances could be cleared with a healer and tank only. Watch their mana and they'll watch your health. Easy peasy.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

i love tanking, i usually ignore complaints from players, though i never get many complaints, i always seem to out dps the dps roles, and the healer never runs out of mana, sometimes i ask the healer to go dps.
    (dps gear in blood ftw ))
    sometimes when i do LFR i do encounter idiot tanks who indeed taunt on cd, even after explaining 5x what to do, i.e: switch aggro at certain stacks for instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I que as tank even when I dps (only when I que with a healer I know) goes faster that way. and ofc I have tank as OS and can switch to it for faster aoe trash pulling.

It pisses me off when people QQ that im dps'ing when que'd as tank even though the heroic goes perfectly smoothly

Human beings are not a means to the end of your own self-gratification, and to behave in that way is what they call "objectification".

So if I'm tanking (and mind you I tank these things at a ridiculous breakneck pace because I'm massively overgeared and just capping valor and do more single target than the majority of dps players anyway) and a dps even opens their mouth, my attitude frankly is that they can go fuck themselves Because I'm not there for their benefit to service their needs.

1- low lvl Dungens, healers that can't handle more than a 2 mob pull....

2- Although Hunter is my second main, I hate most hunters as they just run into each room and multishot mob's without using MD at 90 (or at low lvl just straight up facepulling).

3-Hate other tanks that que as dps, but run the instance in tank spec the entire time......

Deleted
    Hunters and locks with "tanking" pets. I usually don't taunt mobs off the pet and just let it die. It becomes annoying when the damn pet just doesn't fucking die.

Also morons who join instances as dps but they're in tank gear complete with sword&board and proceed to taunt mobs off the real tank.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    When I tank there is a reason I don't pull immediately.

I either know my limitations or I am monitoring the status of our healer. (Mana mostly) DPS can easily be replaced. Healer and Tanks are harder to do so.
    and then there's the holier than thou attitude that is the plague of the tank and healers.

Anyways, I hate tanks that go REALLY slow and or wait too long between pulls when the healer is good on mana. I can understand waiting a bit before a boss for a cd or some such, but between on trash pulls.. It's not BC anymore. There are many reasons for a DPS to pull after it gets frustrating, but the ones that are doing it when the pace is fine and or the healer is struggling with mana, yeah it pisses me off. I hate pet taunts myself, let the pet keep dying and if the hunter/lock doesn't change it, kick.

Either way now that they've made tanks pretty much capable of doing good DPS on their own, I've seen a lot of negative people playing tanking classes and it irks me to no end with the holier than thou attitude. Just reminds me of some of the Quarterbacks in football.

Deleted
    as a leveling tank (only spec, and only leveling via dungeons)

1 - DPS thinking that they are the tank (If I have stopped pulling, im waiting on CD's)
    2 - Demanding I pull bigger groups
    3 - Tell them I am going to LOS pull a room, and then follow me into the room >.<
    4 - Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!
    5 - After god knows how long, people STILL dont run to the tank when they pull a mob by accident. Ok newbies I can understand, but people in full looms, Running away from the tank when they body pull something >.<

so your saying when a tank watches me kill an entire pack by myself while hoping that I die that he is doing his job as a tank??

I am a plate DPS, that is forced to tank which I hate with a passion. I face pull and get mad when tanks are slow all the time. I just run in and AOE crap down, if the tanks shows up great if not, I am getting shit done faster.