Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Hearthstone is hot

Sorry guys, but GamesCom was pretty clear about one thing:

Blizzard has a HUGE hit on their hands. Imagine you standing with a 1.000 crowd on 10 square meters just trying to have a glance at a screen.

Now multiply this X 10.

It is taking ridiculous proportions.

Although I might say that this is the LAST time I went to GamesCom as the masses of people prevent all fun to visit things like this.

---> (same complaint) it is RIDICULOUS Blizzard didn't add a beta for EU with this kind of interest.

Have to admit, I'm really excited about Hearthstone. It's so pleasant to watch. Can't say I'm too interested in playing it as the progression mechanics don't appeal to me, but I could listen to TB or other prominent casters play Hearthstone for hours on end.
    Last edited by Tya; 2013-08-23 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Have to admit, I'm really excited about Hearthstone. It's so pleasant to watch. Can't say I'm too interested in playing it as the progression mechanics don't appeal to me, but I could listen to TB or other prominent casters play Hearthstone for hours on end.
    Provided they stop making stupid mistakes.

But yes, Hearthstone is pretty hot indeed. Would totally do.

I am in love with this game and cannot wait to get my hands on it. I just hope it is good enough to be a long lasting hit, and not flame out after the first 6 months or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    I am in love with this game and cannot wait to get my hands on it. I just hope it is good enough to be a long lasting hit, and not flame out after the first 6 months or so.
    Without sometinhg new in 6 months after release it will be dead anyway IMagine you have all cards for all heroes (maybe not gold but still ALL of them),m you have perfect build which gets you to highest ranks you win every arena for grandmaster key and... that's it at the moment of the game. You gonna play to make every daily like in WoW atm? It's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamtu View Post
    Without sometinhg new in 6 months after release it will be dead anyway IMagine you have all cards for all heroes (maybe not gold but still ALL of them),m you have perfect build which gets you to highest ranks you win every arena for grandmaster key and... that's it at the moment of the game. You gonna play to make every daily like in WoW atm? It's boring.
    Nobody likes a party pooper.

Heartstone gonna get old really fast. Its nothing we havent seen before. Its a card game. There is limits how long you gonna play it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone seemed cool until I found out it was a simplified version of the TCG. Im fed up with their "simplifitation".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Hearthstone seemed cool until I found out it was a simplified version of the TCG. Im fed up with their "simplifitation".
    Yeah, I have the same feeling about the game. It looks awesome but the gameplay seems too simple and easy. I think RNG will have a huge role, even more so than other Card Games.

Deleted
    I´m curious about if you´re trolling or not?! And yes, for some g(u)ys it´s maybe hot - but for the most it´s just another card game. But enjoy whatever you want ...

I literally criticized Hearthstone day one at PAX East when it was announced and I got my hands on it for being simple. Blizzard makes it work as a strength. I'm not going to retype my whole blog entry here -- but I think that Hearthstone will find its crowd and do just fine.

The notion that "People are going to get all the cards and then quit" is eyeroll worthy. It's a TCG. They will add new characters and cards and all that jazz to keep people interested. They don't even have to actually print or ship actual cards or go to retailers to help promote a physical product so it isn't like there is much barrier between them and regular new releases.

RNG actually has LESS of a role in Hearthstone because of the smooth mana curve. You can never get land flooded or starved like you can in Magic: The Gathering. You can definitely opt to include more RNG if you want it since there are plenty of cards like Arcane Missiles (or Thrall's totem ability) that heavily rely on RNG -- but those are things you are choosing to play with.

I will agree that it isn't the kind of game that I want to regularly sit down and play for several hours at a shot, but it is something that I find myself wanting to play, put down, and then play again later. And that's more than I can say for a lot of games.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

It'll cool off don't worry lol. It'll always be sizzling in the fans' hearts and wallets though!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone is a CCG (you can´t trade your cards) and from watching 48h hours worth of beta material from different streamers, other TCG (magic foremost) pro´s having a look at Hearthstone etc. I must say that i am impressed but also think they have to do something special to keep ppl playing.

I really like the draft-mode (Arena) and i followed some really hot 9-x matches with terribly op beast hunter decks.

As for ranked play, i dunno, saw a guy buying 120 packs for 150$ the other day which of course gives you a serious advantage over someone that didn´t pay.

Can´t wait for EU beta hopefully next week to test all those crazy strategies most streamers fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by sunamor View Post
    I´m curious about if you´re trolling or not?! And yes, for some g(u)ys it´s maybe hot - but for the most it´s just another card game. But enjoy whatever you want ...
    I am not talking about "just another card game"

I was talking about the masses in front of the Blizzard booth just to catch a glimp of a screen...

Crazy.

Deleted
    I for one can't wait for the EU beta to turn up. The Arena draft mode looks like a hell of a lot of fun and it's quite obvious where their first expansion sets will go with the game - introducing the Death Knight and Monk classes, so they've definitely got room for expansion.

Personally, as long as it's kept fresh, I can see Blizzard doing quite well from this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    ---> (same complaint) it is RIDICULOUS Blizzard didn't add a beta for EU with this kind of interest.
    Haven't you thought there are reasons eu does not have it yet? maybe they need to add framework to the eu servers, or maybe they need to translate the game in French and German.

You talk like they are intently doing it. It will come to eu, just wait.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Game looks really fun. Blizzard did a great job.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

The Arena mode is the only thing that matters, and it's not P2W since the heroes you choose from and the cards are totally random each time you go into Arena.

Of course there is the "P2W" mode where you can queue with your custom deck. But after watching Kripp play for the past 5 days, he has a lot of different cards and he hasn't bought a single pack.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    The Warcraft TCG was a failure with little audience, most people bought the cards to get loot cards. Hearthstone isn't a simplification, as the cards work differently and the same goes for the actual gameplay. Does it have things in common with the TCG? Of course. Is it the same game just simplified? Nope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sunamor View Post
    ... Why would he be trolling? Because you disagree with him?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Some of you are comparing MTG (which is both a Real Cards and a translation from that to a PC Game) and other TCG with a HS which is a PC game, this make a lot of difference, there are some amazing things in this "little" game, if you compare it with other PC CCG Games this is really good (best I've seen), you can see the that skill from players and the power of some synergies can create deep games.

I say it again, there is no need to get into MTG levels of complexity, no point neither or benefit to do it. Magic HAS too, their are in their own trap, but a PC CCG Game doesn't need to fall for that. I've seen many matches of HS and I can see the potential of many synergies, I'm thinking in how this meta is going to live by itself and so on and I only can applaud the quality of the ruleset and cardset, it feels very deep, is a well done game.

Right now my doubt is the end game, after I get a good enough deck that will allow me to farm my collection, what is left?