Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    320k health. I'll give him a 50k shield (not sure what it would be in greens). 370k. With pain suppression up and the priest locked for 8s, you're both going to need to do ~32k dps in that window. That translates into about 90k burst dps on a un-resil'd target.

Might be worth finding a target dummy and seeing if you can do that. I would suspect a feral in 476 could burst that high, but I don't play the spec.

Edit: that's ignoring pvp power, though you probably don't have a whole lot of that
    Said priest would also be taking 20% less damage from focused will.

Honestly healing is fine.

Damage is more than high enough to counteract it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    complaining about 2's? Healers are balanced around 3's. They should be able to keep themselves, and 2 others (presumably dps) alive. I run 2's as a healer, and Im taken down on occasion, technically then the dps should be nerfd?

You cant complain about something that is working as intended.
    Yes, I can, because the intent is far away from fair.

Assume that on a 2x2 arena (healer + dps) the DPS dies on the first minute. The healer was unable to heal both, it means the opposite team is better than this one (think as a team, not individual players - even if was fault of the DPS, the team, as a whole, couldn't beat the other on time). But the fight finish tied because the healer, unable to die, make it time out. It's not fair and its boring.

"You are mimiming to nerf healers!"
    No, I'm not. Because healers are working as intent UNLESS on a 2x2 arena. The problem is not the healers, but the unbalanced 2x2. As it is today a noob player can tied up a fight only because his healer partner do the job heling himself and running around pillars.
    It means 0 losses for comps with healers at same ability - or do you have victories or draws.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorUndead View Post
    Yes, I can, because the intent is far away from fair.

Assume that on a 2x2 arena (healer + dps) the DPS dies on the first minute. The healer was unable to heal both, it means the opposite team is better than this one (think as a team, not individual players - even if was fault of the DPS, the team, as a whole, couldn't beat the other on time). But the fight finish tied because the healer, unable to die, make it time out. It's not fair and its boring.

"You are mimiming to nerf healers!"
    No, I'm not. Because healers are working as intent UNLESS on a 2x2 arena. The problem is not the healers, but the unbalanced 2x2. As it is today a noob player can tied up a fight only because his healer partner do the job heling himself and running around pillars.
    It means 0 losses for comps with healers at same ability - or do you have victories or draws.
    If 2 dps or a DPS + his healer can't kill a solo healer they're bad and they don't deserve to win.

That said imo healers don't belong in 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    If 2 dps or a DPS + his healer can't kill a solo healer they're bad and they don't deserve to win.

If a DPS and a healer can't kill a solo healer (all palyers with the same ability), it means the game is unbalanced.

Even if they don't deserve the victory is fair for one have 0 losses? Only victories and draws even if the other team is better?
    Absolutely not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    I didn't assume you were playing a dps or a healer spec. How did you manage to get that out of my post?
    Yeah, you're right, I totally pulled that out of my ass. Oh, wait...
    The fact that I am having no problem killing healers but you are struggling means that you suck.
    And who tries to kill healers? Who struggles to kill healers, especially in this thread? Yeah, I bet you totally thought I play a tank or healer
    If you're not coming into this with the assumption that I play dps, then you wouldn't be saying half the shit you are. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that.

Now I agree that "L2P scrub" doesn't contribute to anything and doesn't help you with anything ; but QQing about every single thing in the game doesn't either. I would fraps some random bgs if there weren't hundresds of streams that you can watch to see how to deal with healers. Go to twitch, watch some bgs and arenas and learn how to deal with healers.
    And again, you're assuming more shit and implying I'm bad again. I never said I needed help, so pointing me to twitch is utterly pointless on your part (it just makes you look like you can't do what you claim). Let's not forget, you're the one that has the high and mighty "I'm so pro" attitude here, so the onus is on you to prove it -- not for me to find someone else who can prove it for you... unless you really can't do it, of course... (which totally wouldn't surprise me at all.)

Also, you're not at all even trying to address any of the points I've raised in my first post here, so why are you even replying to me? Flamebait much?

I think they should remove 2s from the cap... it would make pvp so much better... sure it might be harder to cap using ppl from trade but overall I think pvp would improve.

No.. they aren't. I'm WW monk with MEH burst and you can wear them down, it's about timing your stuns and abilities. That being said.... They are a lot harder to kill now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post

Had this same scenario last week. I only do Arena to cap and I do it in 2's. I was on my Hunter with a Resto Shaman. We met another Hunter and a Resto Druid. Killed the Hunter almost right away, then the Druid decided to be a fucktard and kept kiting around the fucking pillars. After 5 mins or so, the Hunter left, so it wasn't about trying to get a res on him. At first we thought it was going to be easy but annoying. But even when blowing all cd's, including Stampede, the Shaman trying to slow, root, dps and interrupt him, he just kept pillar kiting, while all his fucking hots were ticking.

If he got low, he would Displacer Beast and run to the next pillar etc. We refused to give them the win for being aholes, but we got a draw in stead. Arena isn't balanced around 2v2, but when a healer like a Resto Druid with so much mobility and so many hots can just jerk around for so long, they should consider changing 2v2 or as someone suggested, just remove it.

I mean, what if it was changed, so that the team with 1 player left, would either have to score a kill within say 10 mins or he'd lose the match? Something like that, cause there's no CD's longer than 10 mins, and if you're 1v2, your odds aren't really on your side anyways. Dunno, but healers are damn annoying in 2v2 - and yes, I do play one myself as well. Barely ever die on my Disc.

Alternatively, then just get rid of 2v2, cause there's always going to be balance issues in that bracket for obvious reasons.

Disc priests are by far the worst offenders when it comes to being "unkillable". Focused Will combined with all of the other CDs that a priest has is just too much for any single DPS class to handle. As it should be. DPS classes SHOULDN'T be able to solo healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    Disc priests are by far the worst offenders when it comes to being "unkillable". Focused Will combined with all of the other CDs that a priest has is just too much for any single DPS class to handle. As it should be. DPS classes SHOULDN'T be able to solo healers.
    Don't put stuns/CC into them when they have Weakened Soul debuff, wait for it to fall off and lock them as hard/long as you can to stop them putting up a PW:S. They'll get a shield off at some point, so rinse/repeat until they're dead. Only problem comes from Spectral Guise > drinks when their partner peels hard, but it's still doable. Works for my malevolent WW, UH and Arms and tyrannical Assassination characters against decent priests.

I can't kill a priest as subtlety though, but that's no longer the 'compulsory' rogue spec so no problem there.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Healers were OK in vanilla when they actually had to look at their mana.

welll. i miss vanilla too but there were no arenas back then. and outgeared warriors roflstomped everything =)

As a holy paladin, this thread makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    As a holy paladin, this thread makes me sad.
    Take your 30k flash of lights and leave!

(just kidding - flash of light never heals that much)

Healers should be soloable in the sence that a similar geared dps using his interrupts and cc's correctly can keep enough preasure on the healer for him to go oom after 10 minutes or more.

Noone should be imortal in a 1v1, and claiming so is insane. But if a dps could just kill a healer as easy as a random dps, the point of healers is gone, since they would be nothing ells but target dummies.

When that is said, the only healers i can't solo is a mw monk and a resto druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    well they are not suppose to be killable 1v1. when in a BG, if i come up 1v1 vs a healer i just run, no chance to kill a healer 1v1 so no point in even trying anymore. ive killed the odd priest and paladin 1v1, but resto shamy, druid and MW monk i have no chance 1v1ing. i have seen some skilled healers in BGs that are surviving 4v1 without even using much mana.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    well they are not suppose to be killable 1v1.
    comments like this ridiculous healers shouldn't get a free win because they chose to heal especially now with the damage some of these healers can put out. We should be able to last long enough for our teammates to peel the dps off.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    All this healer-hate is ridiculous. If a healer couldn't handle the dps from ONE person, what good would they be in Arena, or RBGS for that matter. If you truly think healers are overpowered than you should try playing one. If you have difficulty against a certain class you play it; learn it's weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    All this healer-hate is ridiculous. If a healer couldn't handle the dps from ONE person, what good would they be in Arena, or RBGS for that matter. If you truly think healers are overpowered than you should try playing one. If you have difficulty against a certain class you play it; learn it's weaknesses.
    again that's what your teammates are for.

and my pvp main is a disc priest and I've been playing around with MW monk lately too and I think we are very O.P. right now
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    comments like this ridiculous healers shouldn't get a free win because they chose to heal especially now with the damage some of these healers can put out. We should be able to last long enough for our teammates to peel the dps off.

i didn't say i liked that design choice, thats just how blizzard wants it. i would prefer it if a healer could last 1v1 with a dps, but not forever. a dps shouldn't be able to burst a healer down in 30secs, but a healer should not be able to last 10+mins while on 80% mana in my opinion. i would rather that, than what we currently have, i do think certain healers are too strong. priests and paladins never give me much hassle these days, but the others i find way to hard to kill
    dragonmaw - EU