Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    5. Dailies, valor and gates.
    Dailies were not mandatory, nor were they BiS.
    The gear was the same, if not worse, than the gear you get from raiding.
    The only problem is the problem that every game has: People want to obtain gear that they don't need for their pace/content.
    Why are people so obsessed with getting normal-gear when they don't raid anything but LFR?
    I think the most complaints in that regard came from sub-par raiders. They were - all of a sudden - not able to do a simple 5 man heroic grind in a few hours, to get VP and buy gear that bolsters them for their conventional raiding.
    The average Joe, who has very little ambition with regards to raiding, had no reason to bitch about anything. To them it doesn't really matter if they gear up in one month or two.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

to be honest, i would also be a bottomless pit of greed in activions place.. it seems to work out just fine for them.
    "uhh lots of people hate me, lets take a spin in my brand new ferrari. lets see, wich colour do i take today?"

so uhm, yeah have fun complaining for naugh.

I think the real problem is that people think Ghostcrawler is a god but he is just a regular guy like us, a gamer that probably makes $25 an hour. He makes contradicting statements just like a normal human does.

I can tell he loves the game and he tries, but isn't all powerful and can't make every decision.

Give him a break.

Deleted
    I agree.
    Game is simply for solo///single..mode.
    Guild are falling apart...
    What 20k Guilds raiding ...and descrease..

The only one are ok are the ...200 guilds of elite amazing players'.
    Well it isn't.
    Everytime casual/normals player are quiting is affect everyone gameplay.

As for who is 2 blame? Greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    to be honest, i would also be a bottomless pit of greed in activions place.. it seems to work out just fine for them.
    "uhh lots of people hate me, lets take a spin in my brand new ferrari. lets see, wich colour do i take today?"

so uhm, yeah have fun complaining for naugh.
    Exactly. It's the people with no money who complain about money. If you want a lot of money you are greedy and you should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is GC came after the apex of WoW. If you think about it, you'll get what I mean. It's hard to do good when you're suppose to constantly reinvent the wheel, especially if you don't understand (and reject) what made the 'wheel' great in the first place.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    I think the real problem is that people think Ghostcrawler is a god but he is just a regular guy like us, a gamer that probably makes $25 an hour. He makes contradicting statements just like a normal human does.

I can tell he loves the game and he tries, but isn't all powerful and can't make every decision.

Give him a break.
    $25/hour ? Definetely no. I vote for $250 or higher. Blizzard needs to remove the old "thinkers" and to hire new, fresh and capable devs

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i the only WoW playe that doesn't hate Ghostcrawler and thinks he's doing the best he can provided that half the playerbase wants a feature X and would hate feature Y, and the other half wants feature Y and hates feature X?

WoW has changed a lot since vanilla, and that's also because the target demographic of the game also changed slightly over these past years. A business that survives is a business that tries to please the biggest number of clients, even if some measure might sound polemic to a fraction of them...

All things considered, Ghostcrawler is a valuable member of the WoW team, and contrary to popular belief, he isn't the total overlord of all things that go on at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

You are so right. I have quit WoW since January 2013, alongwith another 1,500,000 people. Looks like your advice is working. For the record, I only managed -with great effort- to suffer MoP for a couple of months.
    Good for you.

There are a lot of us who don't care or keep track of playerbase numbers. I really get annoyed reading others posting in these WoW forums who admit don't play the game anymore. I'm all for nostalgia and remembering the good old days, but there comes a point where you just have to move on. I don't know how people who have quit the game years ago can adamantly bash and hate on what is currently going on when they have not experienced things first hand (not talking about you, but some others who are posting).

There are a lot of us who, as a whole, enjoy the game as it is. Sure there are always things that can be tweaked, but no game is perfect. These forums and the official WoW forums are NOT a representative of the whole 8 million+ player base. We are a local minority and I think many forget that. What we want or what we don't want does not represent what all 8 million of us want in the game. I'm sure the developers are doing the best they can to take feedback from a wide range of the playerbase, but they will never please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    Good for you.

There are a lot of us who don't care or keep track of playerbase numbers. I really get annoyed reading others posting in these WoW forums who admit don't play the game anymore. I'm all for nostalgia and remembering the good old days, but there comes a point where you just have to move on. I don't know how people who have quit the game years ago can adamantly bash and hate on what is currently going on when they have not experienced things first hand (not talking about you, but some others who are posting).

There are a lot of us who, as a whole, enjoy the game as it is. Sure there are always things that can be tweaked, but no game is perfect. These forums and the official WoW forums are NOT a representative of the whole 8 million+ player base. We are a local minority and I think many forget that. What we want or what we don't want does not represent what all 8 million of us want in the game. I'm sure the developers are doing the best they can to take feedback from a wide range of the playerbase, but they will never please everyone.
    Not just this, but every single one of you using the subscriber drop as a scapegoat to justify yourselves are sickening.

You don't know why those people quit.

For a majority of then they may just be sick of playing the same game they have been for 15 years.

Stop thinking you're speaking for everyone and thinking your opinion is fact.

Maybe then these forums will be a little less like a war zone then.

Inb4 long retaliation post saying I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

One person is not blizzard last time i checked.you need to chill out and stop rideing on ghost crawlers balls.

Where is the "like" feature!! OP you have put so much of my feelings into words. Ghostcrawler has ruined many things and it is evident from his own words he has no clue what is actually going on in the game, let along with certain classes he is SUPPOSED to know... hunter. Anytime I see someone with the ghostcrawler pet I /spit on it and if I ever see it in the wild... its dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    Anytime I see someone with the ghostcrawler pet I /spit on it and if I ever see it in the wild... its dead.
    Are you 12?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    Where is the "like" feature!! OP you have put so much of my feelings into words. Ghostcrawler has ruined many things and it is evident from his own words he has no clue what is actually going on in the game, let along with certain classes he is SUPPOSED to know... hunter. Anytime I see someone with the ghostcrawler pet I /spit on it and if I ever see it in the wild... its dead.
    Have you read anything anyone else has posted in this thread?

I really don't mean to be rude but ill say it for the last time: GC doesn't make all the decisions for the game.

For all of you who use the argument that the old Vanilla/BC devs aren't around, and GC is the one "fucking up the game", guess what!

They're still there. They're the ones making the decisions so few of you hate.

Also, notice how GC, whenever he responds to feedback or a choice "they" made, says "we" and not "I"?

Think about that please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Although I do agre with you on many parts OP, I do not blame Greg for the decisions that have been made for this game. Greg just voices what is going to happen and explains why, but he does not make these up, I doubt every single idea comes from him. I rather point towards Blizzard as a whole than towards one man.

To say it is Activision is also a tad different. I think though it has something to do with that for this reason more. When Blizzard was with Vivendi, WoW was more known among players who have heard or played Warcraft before or any other kind of Blizzard game, most usually the North Americans. This is also where the game was released the first time and was more known. There was barely to no advertisement in Europe, at least not in my parts. But before WotLK was released, when Blizzard decided to cut off with Vivendi and go with Activision, there were huge advertisements and commercials, even on national TV, they appaered, announcing the new expansion.

This attracted a bucketload of new people who suddenly saw it as a commercial and with those, they voice their opinions as well. I think this is what changed and why the game has gone into this state more specifically.

My thoughts though, if I'm wrong, shoot me. Note that I had no idea if there was any advertisement for WoW of Vanilla and TBC in (North) America.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    /end sarcasm. Don't like it, don't play it. Easy solution.
    I like this logic, it works for everything. Life you don't like it, suicide yourself... oh no because it's selfish.....

10 and 25 sharelock is dumb. 10 mans guilds favors are completely useless and unproductive.... 10 mans are more fragile and versatile than 25 mans. The 10 mans guild politics is a complete fail.

Deleted
    If you can't fight for what you love, there is no difference.

Tell me what's your cosmologic planning... you know when you are looking at the stars and think... What AM I and what should I do ?

This human world with its meaningless illusion is at the same level as a childish game... so YES.
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2013-05-26 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    What I don't get is it why everyone uses Cataclysm heroics as example.. WotLK had much harder heroics at beginning. I don't even remember cata heroics being hard at any point.
    The real mind boggling issue is that people compare pre-MoP heroics to MoP heroics. If your still stuck on the word "Heroic" beat it out of your head right now. MoP heroics were not intended to be the same kind of dungeon that pre-MoP heroics were. Allow me to elaborate:

In BC, you had dungeons, which had levels in ranges like: 60-62, 62-65, 65-69, and then several which were 70 only; then you had heroics of those dungeons which were all configured for 70 and slightly more difficult than a normal 70 dungeon (Think Mechanar and Heroic Mecanar.)

In MoP you have the leveling dungeons 86-89, then you have heroics. Which are the level max level versions of all the dungeons, but without the added difficulty. The dungeons now that are like what Heroic used to be are Challenge Modes. This is why they keep telling you to go do CMs and why everyone seems to think MoP is "easy" because they don't even try the heroic content then whine about how it's not there.

Stop getting stuck on terminology. Heroic doesn't mean what it used to, it means max level now. Challenge Mode means Heroic now.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    What I don't get is it why everyone uses Cataclysm heroics as example.. WotLK had much harder heroics at beginning. I don't even remember cata heroics being hard at any point.
    WotLK had hard heroics? ....Mmmk at least now we know you never played WotLK. Neeext.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler is NOT Blizzard. He's not the only one making decisions. Some decisions I don't agree with, but not everyone will be happy about everything in the game.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki