Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    He's been absent the ENTIRE expansion and while we don't have the big picture on Siege of Org yet, there is NO indication that he's even PRESENT for the siege, let alone going to play an important role in it. You just can't bring a character who has been absent through all of wrath, all of cata, and damn near all of MoP and thrust him into the warchief position without at least bringing him in a few patches before to introduce him to new players, or those who don't remember/never knew him, first.
    No one is suggesting that we would log in after SoO and all of sudden Rexxar is sitting in the throne room. Bottom line is Blizzard can easily throw a brand new character in the storyline for 2, probably even 1 patch and make him Warchief if they wanted to. Which means no character is out of the question. You're acting as though you know the future. Bottom line is it could be anyone, and your speculation isn't any truer than the next guy's.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    No one is suggesting that we would log in after SoO and all of sudden Rexxar is sitting in the throne room. Bottom line is Blizzard can easily throw a brand new character in the storyline for 2, probably even 1 patch and make him Warchief if they wanted to. Which means no character is out of the question. You're acting as though you know the future. Bottom line is it could be anyone, and your speculation isn't any truer than the next guy's.
    Why would Rexxar become Warchief if he doesn't even have a role in liberating the Horde? Why would he be made Warchief through any other means? The guy simply doesn't have the leadership experience above Thrall, Baine, Vol'jin and Lor'themar for the horde leaders to just be like 'you know who we need to run this THAT guy!"

How long do you really think blizz is going to wait to put the new warchief in? Assuming it is a new warchief. I'd say probably 6.0 at latest, so that horde players have a leader again and they have the npc in place for wpvp achievements. There's no need for them to delay things by not having a horde warchief until 6.2 or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be a good setup for Ogres to join the horde in the next xpac if Rexxar were to become Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    It'd be a good setup for Ogres to join the horde in the next xpac if Rexxar were to become Warchief.
    There are many ways they could introduce ogres into the Horde without making Rexxar warchief to do so.

Rexxar will come back at one point, maybe not in MoP, but possibly in the next xpack and will take the mantle of warchiefhood, cause he thinks a council is unfitting for the horde.

Hail Rexxar! Welcome mighty ogres bros!

and yeah i just replayed beyond the dark portal, i missed the old heroes of lore and commanding ogres. They will punch the weaklings of azeroth into a bloody mess!

that said i think some people here - without calling names - are too serious about a game, and need to go out and get some fresh air, reading a real, good book, instead of lousy retcon books written by a 3rd party co story writer.

No one gives a damn. People want a fun and cool game, period. Old lore gets retconned and rewriten on purpose anyways, to just serve the game's logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Nuff said.

REXXXXXXXARRRRRR

Who says they won't build him up?

I can easily see:

Immediately after the death of Garrosh. Horde Council forms.

5.5 pre-expansion event. Legion invades.

6.0 Rexxar elected warchief due to his expertise on demons and his ability to bring Ogres to the horde.

There's really no right or wrong in someone thinking Rexxar, it's all just speculation.
    this a thousand times.

ro9ue should be a dev, more people would return to wow, he got many good ideas afaik.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    There are many ways they could introduce ogres into the Horde without making Rexxar warchief to do so.
    But with Rexxar it would be more awesome.

And Cho'gall who is also awesome is sadly out of discussion for many reasons.(dark horde, corrupted, twilight hammer leader, dead)
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-06-21 at 05:02 PM.

The two possibilities I predict are the removal of a warchief and the introduction of a ruling council (similar to the dwarves), or a non-orc warchief. Vol'jin obviously is the leading candidate there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    Here are the two possibilities I predict are the removal of a warchief and the introduction of a ruling council (similar to the dwarves), or a non-orc warchief. Vol'jin obviously is the leading candidate there.
    thats the temporal solution after SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    The two possibilities I predict are the removal of a warchief and the introduction of a ruling council (similar to the dwarves), or a non-orc warchief. Vol'jin obviously is the leading candidate there.
    Since blizzard said the next warcheif will be someone unexpected and everyone wants voljin I doubt it will be voljin

I'm not saying it's impossible that he'll be warchief, I'm saying it's highly unlikely. He's had no development since bc, not the most qualified person for the job, would require major character development for him to take the position. They can build him up into that position. But if they were going to do that, why not have him involved in the revolution?

IF we return to Outland, having him there would be cool. But even IF the next expansion is a Legion based one that doesn't mean it'll involve Outland. Even IF it involves Outland it doesn't justify Rexxar stepping into horde leadership politics and becoming the warchief after being absent from the Horde during its time of crisis.

You can come up with ways that blizzard 'could' make just about anybody Warchief, but that doesn't mean it's at all likely to actually play out that way. So yes, it's possible. It's also possible for them to write a story that puts Chen or Sylvannas in the warchief position but I don't think it'll ever happen.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Since blizzard said the next warcheif will be someone unexpected and everyone wants voljin I doubt it will be voljin
    It could also just be blizz trying to throw people off track. Unexpected could mean a lot of things. Maybe they thought people would expect Thrall. Maybe they're just trying to keep it mysterious. What was their exact wording on this one and who said it? I'm curious about the source on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They also said some characters we don't expect are going to be killed off...would be interesting if it was Vol'jin.

No one would expect that!

Who says they won't build him up?

I can easily see:

Immediately after the death of Garrosh. Horde Council forms.

5.5 pre-expansion event. Legion invades.

6.0 Rexxar elected warchief due to his expertise on demons and his ability to bring Ogres to the horde.

There's really no right or wrong in someone thinking Rexxar, it's all just speculation.
    imo that would at best get him ogre racial leader or a role similar to what Garrosh had in Wrath as a military commnader. It's just not enough to make him warchief.

Deleted
    Rexxar popping out of nowhere will be dumb indeed.
    He is not even related in this patch.

Rexxar showing up would be fine. Rexxar showing up and becoming warchief because 'he can bring the ogres' or because 'he as experience fighting demons' just isn't enough to justify him becoming warchief over the ones who lead the rebellion against Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rexxar grew sickened by the senseless killing that the orcish race seemed to favor, and particularly the constant betrayals — first by Gul'dan and then by Ner'zhul. His resolve was further weakened when Haratha was drained of its life essences by a orcish warlock when he lept in between them to save his master. He slew the warlock but had lost his companion. He declared that he would only trust beasts from thereon out, and left the Horde to wander the world on which he was now stranded.[2]
    Through his journeys in the wilderness, he came to befriend a bear named Misha, who would come whenever summoned by Rexxar. Together, they traveled to Kalimdor, where they roamed the Barrens away from civilization. But his journeys had seen nothing but wars amongst the so-called "civilized" creatures.
    Rexxar used his new position to ask the ogres for assistance. Kor'gall mockingly reminded him that they were no longer friends to the orcs. Rexxar was forced to fight Kor'gall for leadership of the clan. Kor'gall proved to be a powerful foe, and Rexxar had to rely heavily on his beast friends to defeat him. Finally, Kor'gall fell and Rexxar assumed the position of chieftain. He then led the Stonemaul ogres back to Tidefury Cove where Thrall was assembling the Horde. Thrall named Rexxar Champion of the Horde and gave him the honor of leading the Horde against Proudmoore's forces. After a difficult battle, they razed Proudmoore's stronghold and sent the Admiral into a retreat. Yet, Thrall knew that Proudmoore would not stop there.
    The Horde pursued Proudmoore back to the shores of Theramore Island. Thrall sent in his foot soldiers to keep Proudmoore's forces at bay while Rexxar and his few companions wove through the battle to face off against Proudmoore and his most loyal retainers. In the end, Rexxar and Proudmoore squared off in mortal combat. Rexxar emerged victorious. With Proudmoore's defeat, the battle ground to a halt and Jaina collapsed onto the body of her father. Rexxar, Thrall, and the rest of the Horde withdrew from Theramore.
    Thrall invited Rexxar to return to Durotar with him, but Rexxar told him that his place was still in the wild. He named the ogre Mok'Morokk as the new leader of the Stonemaul clan and disappeared into the barren wilderness.
    Rexxar alongside his bear, Misha, found an old orc who was attacked by the Burning Blade clan. He brought the orc to Thrall in Orgrimmar to seek medical aid for Byrok. Byrok then told Thrall about the Burning Blade clan and Rexxar was peripherally involved in the subsequent altercation between Durotar and Theramore; he defended Jaina Proudmoore, citing her loyalty to Thrall, even against her own father. Rexxar swiftly returned to the wilds.
    Since the re-opening of the Dark Portal, the Mok'Nathal warrior now resides in Thunderlord Stronghold in the Blade's Edge Mountains of Outland, protecting the base from the beasts and monstrosities of Blade's Edge. The orc Rokaro now carries out Rexxar's duties as Champion of the Horde on Azeroth, and is located at Shadowprey Village in Desolace.
    Rexxar wishes to find more of his people and perhaps one day make peace with his father, Leoroxx, who remains embittered about Rexxar's decision to join the Horde.
    At some point Rexxar met and befriended Sabellian, though he does not know that Sabellian is a Black Dragon.
    -All quoted from wowpedia

Seems to me like he despises civilization. Yes, he assisted and joined the New Horde; but that does not mean he has to live with them.

Heck, he gave Rokaro the duties of Champion of the Horde while Rexxar journeyed to Outland. He seeks to reunite with his father and his clan.

But why on earth you want and expect him to lead the Horde after the chaos that has been happening with Garrosh, and long before that, is beyond me.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    -All quoted from wowpedia

Seems to me like he despises civilization. Yes, he assisted and joined the New Horde; but that does not mean he has to live with them.

Heck, he gave Rokaro the duties of Champion of the Horde while Rexxar journeyed to Outland. He seeks to reunite with his father and his clan.

But why on earth you want and expect him to lead the Horde after the chaos that has been happening with Garrosh, and long before that, is beyond me.
    its because people don't have a clue about his character, and not only try to fabricate stuff, they try to put there own method acting into the character as an answer to something that doesn't yet have one.

In other words "Rexxar is cool, so that would make him a good leader" never mind anything he's done or what he believes in as a character.
    #boycottchina

I'm fairly certain thrall will die in SoO

Then if Durotar and Org are so devastated by a siege and then open warfare it would make perfect sense to relocate it to one of the other cites...

And why not our new leader's....Silvermoon the "temporary" Capital of the Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryana View Post
    At this point they should do away with the position of warchief, or I guess they haven't learned what happens when you put 100% of power in the hands of one individual.
    The problem is not the position of power, but the person that abuse it. Garrosh wouldn't never become Warchief in a "normal" situation, and in fact has been an awful choice from the beginning, so awful that Cairne shouted to Thrall by substantially saying "WTF are you doing man? Are you serious?", the last thing he said to Thrall before dying in a pitful manner. A lot of super-lucky situations and various deus ex-machina events brought Thrall to the terrible decision of appoint Garrosh as Warchief, and everyone learned (too late, sadly) that give absolute power to a Hellscream is like giving a load gun to a blind child.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-21 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    I would prefer Rexxar to be a leader in the field, not a faction leader, but Ogres would be ok, and a good choice imo. I like it, when we run around with "bigger" npc's. All the quests with Nazgrim and the other crash survivers where great.