Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm just sitting here waiting for a "Warcraft Adventures: lord of the clans" release date...

15+ Year Old Account
    This was to be expected. A game in the works for many many years, yet no info or screenshots in years. A cancellation or delay was inevitable. :/

Not good :P Hopefully that means more resources for other Blizzard games, but going back to the drawing board at this stage when Titan was supposed to be announced at Blizzcon this year is not a positive sign.

Does this mean Kaplan is coming back to WoW. The whole point of moving him was to have a experience person to help the project.

So they seen it was going in a Diablo 3 direction and did not want to make the same "release a game not ready on the public" type mistake again. Well at least they would not of had 10 million+ people buying Titan since hell it has no history unlike Diablo had.

Idk, i don't see this as a bad thing. I actually respect Blizzard for having the balls to invest money into creative projects that may or may not work, not many gaming companies can pretend to do the same anymore, just have to look no further than Activi$ion serving the same dishes with slightly altered sausage for YEARS now in pursuit of nothing more than pure profit from milking the same playerbase over and over. EA is just as bad, if not worse.

Getting some of the talents back on WoW and D3 won't hurt either after the catastrophy-clysm and some of MoP's massive issues.

Blizzcon just got a whole lot less exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Yes I do. It's a racing game.
    Considering the only racing game they've made was one of my favorite SNES games ever, i'd be pretty excited if that was the case! ;P

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Does this mean Kaplan is coming back to WoW. The whole point of moving him was to have a experience person to help the project.
    God I hope so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    At a guess, and based on the ton of rumors. It seems to me that they were making a Shooter based MMO. The problem with shooters is Hacking, you can't stop it no mater how hard you try. So they probably have to redesign the engine so they can do tab target while giving a shooter feel.

The difference between a shooter and tab target is how the shots are registered to the server. In a pixel perfect Shooter like COD the client tells the server where the shot will go, and for how much. In most tab targets, the client says the user wants to do this shot to this target, the server than figures out if it is a hit and for how much. The reason shooters use that method is because of server latency and lag. the 0.001 difference can mean a hit or a miss. Where as a Tab Target the calculations can happen under heavy lag and latencies with out much difficulty.

I just want to know what the fuck this shit is already. I don't care if it's cancelled outright. Just the suspense of not knowing is freaking killing me.

Sounds good. Hope they revert some of the info they released on it a while ago, things like WoW-like graphics, and tab targeting game play.

Deleted
    That longes it reset, tah good for me, coz I don`t like that game. I only like WoW and Diablo. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Just cancel it already.

Nobody wants this.
    You don't even know what the game will be about let alone any sort of particulars outside of a supposed genre. Hope this isn't one of the things that comes from your mouth when your first born is announced.

I honestly think this is a case where Blizzard has realized the ultra-casual, accessible mindset is not a sustainable game design model. Look at what the Blues have been saying for the past few weeks, 25 man is more epic than 10, premade groups required for Heroic Scenarios instead of using LFD, hints of bringing back more class-specific content. All of this is a return to the olden days of 'hardcore' wow.

Blizz originally announced that Titan was going to be even more casual than WoW. A 'core design change' to me in this case indicates that this may be changing.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Heh. Either 1) Obviously it was probably too WoW or D3 like and would have looked dated next to the new generation of AAA MMO's or 2) this is a fake rumour and Titan will be announced at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they realized skimping out on WoW and diverting most of their resources to it was ruining the game. Maybe if we're lucky WoW will get it's own "realm reborn" remake. The only problem I fear is that if they do not return most of the designers that made the original WoW, and fire the ones that came in at Wrath's end and worked on Cata and MoP, the game can and will flop probably.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2013-05-29 at 03:12 AM.

I hope this means more resources for five mans instead of the developers trying to shove group oriented players into scenarios and LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Blizzcon just got a whole lot less exciting.
    anyone thinking titan was going to be shown at blizzcon was only dreaming, there was no signs it was even close to be ready to be shown off except for a rumour that was later proven to be fake
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I wish, they stop that project at all, because me don`t like that game. I only like games, like WoW and Diablo.