Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i whould be disspointed. and then i whould automaticly think less of any1 i see ingame who bought them.

I'd probably spend as much money on WoW as I currently do. About zero.

Seriously, if they did this, I would be glad to put aside any interest in WoW that I might have had until the end of time.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Blizzard wouldn't do that, so nothing. Say what you will about corporate Blizzard, they wouldn't do something like this that crosses the greed line.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depends how much they cost and how good they look. If they looked great and only cost like $5 per race, I'd get them for all the characters that could use it. If it was okay and cost $20 per character, I'd hate myself but I'd still buy it for my main.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't buy it because I don't care in the least bit about updated character models.

I would continue to subscribe to SWTOR, however, I am pretty sure virtually everyone on this board as well as most of the WoW playerbase would gladly purchase updated models and then they would try to convince us that this is the best thing that happened to the world after pizza.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

I would laugh at how many people would actually be ok with that. Already proven by this topic with half of people being brain dead and wanting to buy it.

Deleted
    Not pay for it? I've olayed with what you call "outdated"graphics for years. Why would I feel the need to pay for new shiny skin all of a sudden.

I have never bought any cool looking items such as mounts, items or whatever. None of that will improve my gaming experience.
    The only thing I have ever spent money on is the game itself, sub and server transfers.
    Last edited by mmocbd7275b6ea; 2013-05-31 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let them know that they can't do it because that is what the subscription is for, mounts and pets are like premium shit that they can choose to sell if they want and also transfers and any changes. but game content MAJOUR game content to buy it of the blizz store is in no way a legal model if you ask me. unless they say no more xpacks and you pay subscription to keep the current xpack bug free with never ever having updates again except bug fixes. Then yes they are welcome to sel new content in drips and draps as long as they keep it bug free with their subscription WICH WILL THEN ALSO HAVE TO BE LESS.

I'd be pissed off but then I'd get over it, come back to reality and remember that they're a business and they're trying to make as much money as they can and buy them because I'm a sucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there would be old model AND new models running around? Sounds stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be a terrible thing to do

I'd be slightly disappointment but I definitely wouldn't buy them unless they would turn out to be ridiculously cheap which obviously wouldn't be the case...

I would probably quit WoW in a heartbeat, if only out of sheer principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Rejoice, since I only play Draenei and I very much like their model.
    Would prefer to buy race specific packs though. Mah druid could use an update.

It'll never happen though. New models will be FORCED on all of us, because not doing so would cause tremendous problems with new gear.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...13095441092608

Quote Originally Posted by Evilyig
    @Ghostcrawler can u talk about possible reasons why u would not allow a choice between old and new player models?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    @Evilyig We might. That would be a good way to reduce the "looks great but not my guy" factor.

So no, they recognize the issue with people possibly not liking the new models and are really considering giving people the option to choose.

I also hope that this means they'll actually have the balls to change the models, remove the orc hunch, give draenei longer tails and (optional) more exotic faces/scaled faces and longer horns. I mean, going by their word of not wanting to change the feel of the models, it makes it seem like they're planning to keep the races exactly the same in design but just make the textures better and the models smoother.

There's no use in creating them from the ground up (like they said they were doing) then, except for giving them better facial animations for rigging. Such extensive model updates would be a waste if they were so scared to change the races enough to make them look better than if they were to just do texture updates.

May as well do a slight polygonal update and texture update if you're going to keep them the same as the old models in general; it would spare us a lot of time. (both Blizz and the community)

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be outraged! I'd rant endlessly on the forums! I'd cry bloody murder and howl about corporate greed and exploitation. I'd gnash my teeth and threaten to quit immediately!

Well, first I'd go buy them. Then all of the rest of that stuff I just said.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    Buy them if they look cool.
    This and just for races that I play.

I'd consider it. Depends on what it looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be the biggest thing they could do to make me question my being their customer, and would almost definitely be the cited reason when I quit shortly after.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I admire your optimism that it would be xx currency for a faction pack. If they did such a thing i'd expect 10-15 dollars/euro/pounds per race...or per character you want to change for that matter.

As for what I'd do...I would probably rage and moan for a week all the while knowing i'd buy the human model.

oh...and i'd also expect a list of extra content we are getting in the next expansion due to the extra income generation...ha..ha...ha.
    Last edited by Trickname; 2013-05-31 at 12:53 PM.

I'd be annoyed but keep on living without them, I wouldn't waste money on them.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa