WoW bugging, possible problems?

I have an old computer. Dell Inspiron 530 to be exact. Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @2.33GHz, 3gb RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT, and using a Belkin wireless G network adapter. I play WoW at the lowest settings possible. I usually have FPS around 50 questing and it drops to 30 in 5 mans. For lag, on a good day, I can get around 100, but usually somewhere between 400-600. I use a couple addons as well: ELVui, Weak Auras, and Skada. I understand I need a new computer, but I don't have the money.

Here's the problem. Recently I have had some problems. Lag has come more often and stronger. More disconnects. Things like quest rewards or icons dont show up as fast when I enter a new or phased area. I have disabled all addons and this has helped, but still things are not like they used to be. Is something wearing out on my PC or is there something else I need to look into?

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks ahead of time!

- - - Updated - - -

any suggestions?

have you tried:

- Rebooting your router
    - Flushing your DNS cache
    - Using Leatrix Latency Fix (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...yFix.html#info)
    - Reinstalling WoW (if thats an option)

Sounds more like an internet connection problem then a PC problem.

Try without any addosn first, as that step is very easy to take and in over 90% of the cases, outdated or bad addons are the problem.

Sounds like a network issue most likely or addons (doubt it).

I think you should reset your router and reconfigure it from scratch and be sure to secure your network using a strong pass-phrase. That's a start.

Maybe even try connecting via a wire instead of wireless.

Ok I have restarted the router, but still have some problems. I have a friend who also plays WoW. Their computer is newer and doesn't have the problems I do. They also connect with an adapter. We have it password protected (we have to as we also run a youth center with an additional four computers on the network, but don't play while its open).

I am trying the Leatrix tonite and will let you know how it works. I have no clue about how to do the DNS cache thing so I will google that. I would connect with a wire, but I live in a house where the one phone jack is at the opposite side of the house as my office.

Does any of this help?

Edit: The friend I mentioned lives and plays in the same house. I may not have made that clear.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried Leatrix and it seems to have worked wonders! my lag dropped to 140 pretty consistent. I ran an instance and had no problems what so ever. My FPS even seemed to go up to 108.

Next step is to turn on the addons one at a time. Thank you so much for your input up till now. Ill let you know how it goes.
    Last edited by Noshkeen; 2013-07-18 at 01:48 AM.