Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I like CRZ. The world is yet again alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ is the best thing that happened to wow the last 3 years.

Less QQ plz

I like the idea of CRZ on DMF. Feels much better with other people around. Less like a horror movie^^
    They just have to finetune it a little, so that the deathmatch has a reasonable number of competitors. Fighting against serverlag and it taking an hour to get the chest is somewhat stupid

What they need to improve upon is outdated game systems that make you not want to see other people while questing/leveling (hating other people while farming rares is totally fine..thats the idea behind rare things)
    The new barrensquests are a good start.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

If you didn't have the rabbit or Arena achi yet, that's your own fault. It has been there for 2 years already.

QQ less babies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The goal of CRZ is simple: Revitalize the game world(s) by linking specific zones together across realms to inflate the number of players to match the population levels that existed when that zone's content was "current" (i.e. getting a TLPD -should- be hard, just as hard as it was in Wrath). This is a good premise for the most part.

The problem with CRZ is the lack of player choice because the "population levels" that CRZ reaches are no longer influenced by player choice like they were pre-CRZ. Pre-CRZ, players could make a choice for how active they wanted their realm to be because Low, Medium, High, and Full essentially corresponded to realm activity as well as population. Now, that choice has been revoked with the introduction of CRZ, and low population players are forced into zones with a "Full" population capacity.

The solution is simple (okay maybe that's a lie): Dynamically adjust and recreate CRZ groups every week after accounting for realm populations in a way that makes the overall resulting population in the zone equal to the average amount of players doing high-level content divided by a static factor determined through some basic statistics work.

Would this be arbitrary? Sure. Would it take a lot of fine-tuning? Yes. However, it would also give the people who want a low population experience a TRUE low population experience - not the "empty world" nonsense that some people want, but not the "Full" population realm nonsense that they didn't sign up for either.

If you were playing on a High population realm and you're mad because you actually have real competition for old-content items now, then too bad for you. If you were playing on a PvP realm with a ridiculous faction imbalance in your side's favor and now you have to actually do PvP, then too bad for you. If you want your game to literally be completely empty, then too bad for you.

It's the people on Low/Medium servers that are forced to play at High/Full population sizes that have legitimate issues in my mind. I have zero sympathy for the other groups of people who are just now understanding what everyone else had to go through when old content was still relevant.
    why bother with such a complicated solution, when you have one easy - realm merges. You bring life back to the wrold, you bring competition for rares BUT, unlike with CRZ, you dont ruin economies and you create larger comunities and people can be held "accountable" for their world pvp/other hijinks, unlike with CRZ randoms who you probably never meet again.

Love how people cry and complain about CRZ, you do know you're playing an MMO, right? You are ment to run into people while you're out there in the world.. This isnt some solo game. Go play Fallout, Farcry or what ever all those other "open world, singel player" games are called.

I love how CRZ works, now when I lvl alts I actually get to see other players at my lvl, and not only bots flying around mining/herbing.
    Havent checked out DMF yet, but cant wait to see how that place is when there actually are people there! I play on a high pop server (Outland EU), and there is like 10-20 people MAX in DMF, or atleast it was before.
    People just tend to slack in SW all day long, then complain that the game is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    too bad with all the phasing in the old world and Cata+, you barely meet anyone anyway. The only indicator there are other people is hellfire devoid of any fel iron deposits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed an increase in lag in the DMF now - usually I one-shot the Cannon shoot - took me 10 attempts last night because of either failing instantly after clicking or a delay of 2 seconds.

Though, I suppose it is fitting to see many people around, but oh the trolls with mammoths on the shooting range...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    If you didn't have the rabbit or Arena achi yet, that's your own fault. It has been there for 2 years already.

QQ less babies.
    While I agree that the downside to CRZ in DMF is rather small. (Mostly being about DMF rabbit probably.)

I don't see any upside to it. Does it really matter to anyone that he now sees 20 people instead of 1 while he is farming his dailies? It's not like anyone will ever party with anyone for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    How? By seeing CRZ people on occasion you will probably never ever meet again? Retarded system imo.

The illusion is there, but that's it.

IMO, I don't think CRZ does enough. It REALLY should be put in Pandaria already, AND they should merge servers AND we should still have CRZ. I think complaints that are like "Wah wah wah it's harder to get a rare thing now!" are pretty silly. The right complaints are about auction houses and lag. Not "it's now harder to compete with other people because the world's not as barren now!".

If anything, I'd say this still doesn't fix much. if you merged all servers, even, it wouldn't fix much. There's not enough people in areas of the game for long because almost all areas in the game are useless, and that's just poor design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    So, those of us that like low population, with just enough people to interact with a concise manner, instead of living in a cacophony of needy people struggling for attention for themselves.... We are lesser players that do not deserve what we went to get, by playing in low-pop realms?

Thanks to clarify how considerate you, and probably Blizzard too, are.
    q_q_q_q_q

Seriously mate, why are you playing an MMO?

I don't like CRZ because all it does is make things annoying. I sure do love having Illidan/Sargeras or whatever bots flying around my server hogging all of the materials... not. What irks me the most about CRZ is it at best is a bandaid measure for the server issues and at worst Blizz's idea of permanent solution. They could reshuffle the servers. Come up with like 200 new names and let people populate them. Then in 3months or whatever offer free server xfers to entire accounts. Problem solved until stuff starts to die down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    IMO, I don't think CRZ does enough. It REALLY should be put in Pandaria already, AND they should merge servers AND we should still have CRZ. I think complaints that are like "Wah wah wah it's harder to get a rare thing now!" are pretty silly. The right complaints are about auction houses and lag. Not "it's now harder to compete with other people because the world's not as barren now!".

If anything, I'd say this still doesn't fix much. if you merged all servers, even, it wouldn't fix much. There's not enough people in areas of the game for long because almost all areas in the game are useless, and that's just poor design.
    Indeed, people just prefer to sit in cities while waiting in LFR, LFD, Random BG, arena, RBG you name it queues all day long. Then while they do this, they find some forum to lurk at and complain about how litle there is to do in WoW, that the game is dead and all that...

CRZ is atleast a step in the right direction, now they need to merg all small servers, make world events (Like Battlefield: Barrens, I find that great! Always 10-20 alliance flying around killing stuff on my server, Outland EU.)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Boohoo. Understand the meaning of MMO? You crz cry babies make me sick.
    Understand the meaning of MMO where items and enemies magically disappear when you approach them, and people you've never met before and probably never will again show up to ruin your fun?

Of course you don't. But please carry on so I can keep reporting people for being so childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    No, its an opinion. Last time I checked, the definition of "Fact" is something backed up with plenty of evidence that almost everybody accepts. I see nothing about what you said there that fits this definition. Just because you say something is a fact, doesn't make it any more of one. Your "opinion" that your opinion is a fact is still an opinion! LOL
    with all the evidence already given- it is a fact. im not bothered if you like it or not- facts still speak for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by FlameAble View Post
    Imo CRZ is the biggest improvement they have ever done to WoW. I play exclusively on pvp server and for a large part of my time in WoW these servers have been horribly inbalanced one way or the other, if not completely devoid of life all together. With CRZ you actually see other people out in the world, you get a solid bit of wpvp too. It actually feels like playing an mmo. If I didnt want to play with other people, then wtf would I be doing, playing an mmo?

I feel like the problem a lot of people have is they either were not there in vanilla, or forgott how busy some zones could be. During wotlk the world turned into an empty wasteland. Nobody was out in the world and you could camp all the rare mobs mostly alone, do all the quests in peace, etc. But that is not an mmo, thats a multiplayer-singleplayer experience. It amazes me that people actually cry about there being competition for rare mobs and pets, thats why they are rare. They are supposed to be hell to get, you are supposed to have to fight over them.

tldr: CRZ is fantastic and if you dont like people you should not play an mmo.
    where can i sign? 100% agreed. when you read some posts here you get the impression people do not like "competition" with others. they want to be left alone, farming their "extremely rare" pet on their own. of course it should just sit there until they visit the darkmoon faire.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Until they fix CRZ from dismounting and disconnecting people riding in passenger mounts, I won't like it. Even if they fix that, it's still something of an annoyance for farming and questing at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Yeah how dare blizzard create this MMO game and force us to play with other players. I want an Org with only ME in it.
    Dude don't get to shocked but main Cities is not CRZ Zone so if your on a dead server you wil still just be YOU in Org.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    It has. It has made the world much more alive, if you like it or not.
    Most of us like to live in a active world and not live in a world that feels like single player game.
    WoW is a massive game, There are way to many contents, that requires players.

Darkmoon faire is no exception, i love it.
    Things like the rabbit shouldn't be a facepalm, there should be a fight!

People just became real casual by getting everything they want, and when it becomes busy with the amount of players they are QQing.

Yeah I really love crz, it was sad levelling late cata when the world was empty, just felt to empty. Now in mop I've levelled 3 characters 1-90 and it was much nicer seeing other players and attacking alliance while they were questing

For me, Crz is one of the best features of mop

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post

Yes! When you level youth cata zones there are lots of players, but you get to jade forest, and it's just empty now, need to make panda rica apart from bmah and shrines cross server now I think. It's surprising how many low level players there are out in the world levelling, I'm currently levelling a dwarf shaman level 20ish, so many players everywhere, which is nice because I'm on a mostly dead realm.
    dragonmaw - EU