Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Guess i can pump up that rabbit's price sitting at 20k on the AH for months?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

That's really the deal here...

The WOW overworld is designed to be competetive, not cooperative - and just slapping random players from other servers adds no benefit.

That's why I don't have a problem with what Elder Scrolls ONline is doing. They're doing their version of CRZ, called "megaserver", right. There are no servers - you can guild with whomever, group with whomever, friend with whomever... but MOST importantly the overworld is designed to be COOPERATIVE!!! Nodes and lootable items are IDed to the player, not the world. So you can tap that same mineral node you see somebody else tapping - and you'll get your portion. See somebody killing mobs you need? No problem! Start attacking that persons mobs and not only will you get credit, but your own loot table too. You don't even need to group up!

If Blizz made THOSE changes to the game BEFORE IMPLEMENTING CRZ - that would've gone over MUCH better.
    This, 100 times over. It's pretty much what they did for GW2, and it works brilliantly there.

It's an MMORPG. My reaction to seeing another player, particularly from my faction, should be "oh cool, maybe we can work together", not "crap, competition... do I leave, or do I try to take everything before he can get it?"

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    As a rare farmer (mobs,pets,mounts) I whole-heartedly agree. I don't know what it is about Blizz, but they seem to just pick whatever my favorite thing to do in WoW at the time and destroy it. In wotlk, god I love raiding, I am so happy to be able to do 10 and 25 man per my own choice a week. In Mop, well I've caught up on all raiding and factions time to get to some of that rare farming I've put aside ... Oh, I have to compete with 100 other servers for 1 TLPD now? sweet. I must really be in the minority of players for the things i like to do in WoW - and there must be a hellava lot of people that like their choices restricted when playing a video game.
    The only thing bad about CRZ is farming rares. Other than that, it makes a server feel full again which is just plain awesome. Feels like back in the day when you see zones jam packed with people questing and what not.

Deleted
    Shouldn't have sold my rabbit. The prices will skyrocket now.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Yeah how dare blizzard create this MMO game and force us to play with other players. I want an Org with only ME in it.
    Thats easy, transfer to EU-Lightning's blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoef View Post
    Thats easy, transfer to EU-Lightning's blade.
    Was going to say... most low-pop servers, ironically, have less people in Org now than the rest of the world. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    If the thousands upon thousands of posts on both here and the WoW general chat forums haven't explained that enough to you... than clearly you don't give a damn about why.

It's not about "isolation" or PVP ganking... it's about the removal of community, it's about overcrowding, it's about not wasting our play time flying around for an hour finding nothing, its about low-pop having a decimated economy, it's about ADDING zone-lag access, it's about borking up the fishing contests, it's about borking up time, it's about causing passenger dismounts when zoning....

This is meant to be an MMORPG... not friggin' Battlefield 3.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 09:19 PM ----------

That's really the deal here...

The WOW overworld is designed to be competetive, not cooperative - and just slapping random players from other servers adds no benefit.

That's why I don't have a problem with what Elder Scrolls ONline is doing. They're doing their version of CRZ, called "megaserver", right. There are no servers - you can guild with whomever, group with whomever, friend with whomever... but MOST importantly the overworld is designed to be COOPERATIVE!!! Nodes and lootable items are IDed to the player, not the world. So you can tap that same mineral node you see somebody else tapping - and you'll get your portion. See somebody killing mobs you need? No problem! Start attacking that persons mobs and not only will you get credit, but your own loot table too. You don't even need to group up!

If Blizz made THOSE changes to the game BEFORE IMPLEMENTING CRZ - that would've gone over MUCH better.
    Pretty much the same gw 2 is doing as well isnt it?

but yea CRZ might give the illusion its alive but like other already have pointed out this was pretty much the final nail in the coffin for Low pop realms their AH's are pretty much dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Congrats. The rare pet is actually now becoming rare.
    I'm kinda interested, where the hell did you people with that corrupted mindset suddenly appeared?
    Or, wait a second, looks like I understand now. You've farmed that pet pre-CRZ and now want to have your own unique snowflake, yes?
    Because for the love of God, please don't tell me that a human being can actually enjoy farming some idiotic mini-pet FOR THOUSANDS OF HOURS doing literally nothing, just sitting on spawn points 24/7. Please.

OT: CRZ sucks hard, because we people from low/med pop servers have all the shitty sides of playing at high-pop servers while there still is no good sides of that.
    We have our rares stolen, our resources constantly botted, and every quest that requires people to collect anything from mobs is a massive roadblock. Meanwhile it is still almost impossible for us to gather a group literally anywhere, and prices on our AHs are beyond over^100 overpriced
    And here come you, people who are talking some bullshit about "rarer rares", "more competition" and "more social". I want to ask you just one question: Are you sane? Please, read underlined lines and ask yourself that question again, because sane people obviously can't post statement that if you had 1+1, and now have 0+0, now is better.

All this sanctuary BS in places like Dal, Shat, DMF should be nixed when I see hundreds of ppl from CRZ. When i go to a faire/carnival in my town, I see fights IRL, why can't we have the same thing, who ever heard of a peaceful faire anyway.

OT: Not a fan of CRZ today though when I spend 15 mins trying to tag 1 of 4 spawns for First aid against 30 other ppl. increase the npcs in that area Blizz IMO

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I'm kinda interested, where the hell did you people with that corrupted mindset suddenly appeared?
    Or, wait a second, looks like I understand now. You've farmed that pet pre-CRZ and now want to have your own unique snowflake, yes?
    Because for the love of God, please don't tell me that a human being can actually enjoy farming some idiotic mini-pet FOR THOUSANDS OF HOURS doing literally nothing, just sitting on spawn points 24/7. Please.

OT: CRZ sucks hard, because we people from low/med pop servers have all the shitty sides of playing at high-pop servers while there still is no good sides of that.
    We have our rares stolen, our resources constantly botted, and every quest that requires people to collect anything from mobs is a massive roadblock. Meanwhile it is still almost impossible for us to gather a group literally anywhere, and prices on our AHs are beyond over^100 overpriced
    And here come you, people who are talking some bullshit about "rarer rares", "more competition" and "more social". I want to ask you just one question: Are you sane? Please, read underlined lines and ask yourself that question again, because sane people obviously can't post statement that if you had 1+1, and now have 0+0, now is better.
    Quit talking to me about dead servers. Mine is at the bottom 15 of EU. And while it does suck sometimes, I still firmly believe that CRZ is better for the game in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    That music was creepy, you have to admit. They could totally use that track inside of an evil clown themed instance.
    LOL glad i'm not the only one that thought that music was creepy! It always reminded me of one of those nightmare carnivals you see in movies... *shudder*

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

It was definitely nice not having the dmf with CRZ enabled. Ugh.

Why people like playing alone? It's very fun to clash with other people while doing things for me..

I'm personally just now warming up to CRZ. I've found one thing it's actually useful for: Leveling a toon from a PvP realm, on a PvE realm. I love PvP and my server is dead, so a friend suggested I create a toon on Kel'Thuzad. Only problem is once I created the toon, I was getting killed 1-2 times every hour by a level 90 who apparently can't handle PvP against someone his own level. It's very annoying. Solution: Sign on my dead PvE realm toon, invite friend to party, pass him lead, sign on KT toon, have him invite me, he passes lead, and leaves. It places me on the PvE realm of my offline toon where I don't have to deal with griefers.

So, rundown of how CRZ has impacted Darkmoon Faire:

Positive Impacts: Nothing (are we really surprised?). The Darkmoon Faire on my server was far from empty pre-CRZ except odd hours and during main hours there was good competition for the arena. Groups would form in Trade/General chat for Darkmoon Rabbits, and there were no "ninjas" or "assholes" that I really encountered. Usually if I stay up late enough, I expect quiet hours, just like I expect a more bustling city when I am on in the afternoon/early evening.

Neutral: Surprisingly, profession-based quests were not significantly more difficult for me to do, neither were the dailies (not even the shooting gallery). However, fishing the shipwreck debris is nearly impossible, so I just did the quest in open water (typically, I will fish the pools for the quest for a stab at the Turtle), and figured I would farm pools in Pandaria.

Negative Impacts: The Rabbit PUGs are most impacted, now realistically to get the Rabbit you probably have to camp. Doing the arena seems nearly impossible, especially with the biggest, most negative impact: LAG. Even without CRZ, if two guilds really wanted to get into a battle (with 25+ raids) over the rabbit, you would have a huge fucking lagfest, now this seems like every arena. Getting the trinket seems unrealistic without... performing enough favors for a 40 man raid to help you... and simply not fun. You're fighting both client and server lag, not actual players from your realm.

Lag just sucks and makes the island not fun. Fishing pools seems unrealistically stupid as well; glad I got my 3 Ponies beforehand

Edit: The cannon blast daily is bugged at times due to the overwhelming server lag, and the darkmoon tonk daily is also heavily bugged. However, the latter daily is actually easier to complete due to the bugs.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    I'm personally just now warming up to CRZ. I've found one thing it's actually useful for: Leveling a toon from a PvP realm, on a PvE realm. I love PvP and my server is dead, so a friend suggested I create a toon on Kel'Thuzad. Only problem is once I created the toon, I was getting killed 1-2 times every hour by a level 90 who apparently can't handle PvP against someone his own level. It's very annoying. Solution: Sign on my dead PvE realm toon, invite friend to party, pass him lead, sign on KT toon, have him invite me, he passes lead, and leaves. It places me on the PvE realm of my offline toon where I don't have to deal with griefers.
    That can be done without forced, open-world CRZ. If it weren't for the forced open-world CRZ you would never be getting ganked on KT. You're talking about optional, friend-inviting CRZ. Not the same debate. You could bring cross-realm friends into DMF before this open world shit was enabled.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-06-03 at 12:06 AM.

well guess i'm not doing dmf stuff anymore.

I hate CRZ
    url=http://www.openraid.us/users/index/2737/4717][/url

10+ Year Old Account
    People are going to hate me but I like it. The more people around in a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLL PLAY GAME the better. It's the way it should be played. If you don't like it there are enough single player games around for you.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    I've made about 17 friends with CRZ. Maybe it's YOU who isn't social. it's not hard to say "HI! Want to group!?"
    Nice try, but there isn't anything to make a group for since 2 Xpacks ago.

I don't understand the argument against CRZ, is this not supposed to be a multiplayer game?