Synapse Springs, Elemental & T15 4pc

So I recently scored my 4 piece and swapped to engineering all in the same week. Normally I'd get an ascendance/ss and then two synapse cycles after that. With my ascendance now coming off cooldown after as little as 1:45 it's throwing my world into chaos. I have a hard time making them sync up regularly and I'm wondering how you're handling this. My current thought is just to blow synapse on cooldown unless my next ascendance is within 15 seconds. What do you do? Is there an "optimal" set up for how long to wait?

The biggest thing to consider when trying to line up cool downs that are use and not rppm is fight length, and that just comes from practice. I know with my set up on let's say Jinrok my second ascendance will come off cooldown right when he has 5% health. So I know if I blow my haste berserker troll at start, wait for first ascendance during pool with bloodlust, then I can line up the haste effect again for that final ascendance if I wait a good 30 seconds . At the end of the fight the opportunities to use berserk we're the same ( I would not have been able to get a 3rd) but my experience with fight length let me optimize those better.

tbh my opinion with the 4 set is it basically gives you a minute before you would normally use it, thus it gives you a minute or so to line it up with the best possible procs to maximize the ascendance before you would start to lose dps. Ofc if by using ascendance almost instantly you manage to get another full ascendance out of it it by the end of the fight, it might be a dps boost to use it like that but when its down to waiting 15-20 seconds until your glove enchant comes off cooldown I would probably save it, then wait for some trinket proc to come off or your meta to proc, pop ascendance along with ss and get a lot more dps out of it

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrir View Post
    tbh my opinion with the 4 set is it basically gives you a minute before you would normally use it, thus it gives you a minute or so to line it up with the best possible procs to maximize the ascendance before you would start to lose dps.
    Looking at my logs, most of my single target fights last about 6.5-7 minutes, so essentially I need to burn ascendance on cooldown.