Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    you believe garrosh ( a simple warrior ) could defeat the world shaman, the earth warder in a duel?
    But... What if Garrosh is no ordinary Warrior? He could be training all this time... Got some levels... Maybe he's as powerful as Thrall, but in a Warrior-ish way!

I don't know how power increases in lore characters, but for me, Garrosh Hellscream could match Thrall in a duel. Maybe.
    ...and I don't want Thrall as Warchief again (misterious and supernatural reasons), so a death could be one way to take him out of the "contest"!

(Sorry for my english, not my native language)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He'll probably live. I doubt any major characters will die on the alliance/horde rebel side. The ones in danger are the new characters introduced in Pandaria like Rogers, Sully, Mishka, and whatever the horde equivalents are.

Thrall will probably find a bunch of orcs that aren't retarded and will be fighting in the city when the siege starts and will need to be rescued. Then Thrall and Vol'jin will profess their undying love for each other. Aggra will be cool with it because devil's threeway.
    *snorts iced tea out of nose* So wrong but so utterly hilarious at the same time!

you believe metzen will ever kill his avatar?
    Probably not, but it would be a twist that would fire up the Horde.

Having Garrosh kill Thrall would be just as stupid as the treatment Illidan, Kael'thas and Lady Vashj got in Burning Crusade. I wouldn't put it past them but I sincerely hope they don't do it.

Hopefully Thrall comes out again saying something to the effect of "let's go kill that son of a [female dog]".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulfos View Post
    But... What if Garrosh is no ordinary Warrior? He could be training all this time... Got some levels... Maybe he's as powerful as Thrall, but in a Warrior-ish way!

I don't know how power increases in lore characters, but for me, Garrosh Hellscream could match Thrall in a duel. Maybe.
    ...and I don't want Thrall as Warchief again (misterious and supernatural reasons), so a death could be one way to take him out of the "contest"!

(Sorry for my english, not my native language)
    generally magic wins ^^ if you think about it no villain ever was a threat to us due to sheer physical strength (ok maybe deathwing), magic is power pretty much

I'm guessing he will be captured and will play a role either in SoO or in the "Battlefield Barrens" style weekly content they're planning to go alongside it, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    I kind what him to become the old WC3 Thrall again. Take off the wimpy robes, don Doomhammer's armour, hammer in hand and go beat the snot out of folks.
    You know I like Thrall, liked him since he was introduced, but I don't think you remember Warcraft 3 accurately at all. He had a vision of the Legion's return, broke some Orcs out of interment camps and spent the rest of the game fleeing across the sea. Then he puts Grom in charge while he consults with Medivh and that bites him on the ass big time. Then he helps Grom kill Mannoroth. That's it.

The important part of Thrall's character was that he wanted peace and a return to shamanism, he saved and redeemed the old Horde and gave the Orcish people their soul back. He was never an ass-kicker.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 12:45 AM ----------

generally magic wins ^^ if you think about it no villain ever was a threat to us due to sheer physical strength (ok maybe deathwing), magic is power pretty much
    Deathwing threw elementium bolts at us and cast a spell that would destroy the entire world so I'd put him on the "magic" list.

Usually in fiction magic beats might because the audience isn't clear on what the exact limits of magic are (so it could believably do anything) whereas everyone is pretty familiar with the limits of a humanoid body.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-06-06 at 12:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    I kind what him to become the old WC3 Thrall again. Take off the wimpy robes, don Doomhammer's armour, hammer in hand and go beat the snot out of folks.

In Tides of War, after Thrall finds out about the destruction of Theramore, he wants nothing more than to don his armor and go make Garrosh pay for what he's done. So, another possibility is that the Doomhammer plate is smuggled out of the city (Thrall has it sent back there for safe keeping at the end of the Shattering novel) and he gets to put it back on and be a badass again. Maybe *shrug* I still hope for raid boss, with Sha corrupted Doomhammer plate. Not gonna happen though lol.

you believe garrosh ( a simple warrior ) could defeat the world shaman, the earth warder in a duel?

duel begins, garrosh charges at thrall, thrall casts lava burst, garrosh dies xD
    Why not? His father killed a Demigod (Cenarius) and one of the Generals of the burning legion (Mannoroth) in a 1v1 combat (and no, Thrall doesn't count, he was knocked out as soon as the fight started and didn't do shit).

I'm certain the son of Grom Hellscream is capable of doing great if he takes his head outta his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He will reveal himself as evil genius behind garrosh, explain his plan and crush rebels and alliance under his boot. Then he will become god-emperor of orckind and start grand crusade to counter burning legion.
    I'm sure this idea hasn't been entirely ruled out by Metzen.

OT: he's gone in to do just what he said he would (i hope) and that is to find out if he still has allies. Nothing more, nothing less. As much as i'd love to see him permanently killed off never to be touched again by lore or development, it won't happen -_-

I see Thrall... being crippled somehow.

Either physically (Batman/Bane style) or have Garrosh's sha shenanigans somehow strip Thrall of his bond with the ancestors, effectively neutralizing his shamanic powers.

This could lead to one of two ways: Thrall walks the path of his father as a true Warchief, or...

Goes to desperate lengths to recover his shamanic powers and either gets his powers back ala Mary Sue, or trifles with powers beyond his control and gets himself killed and possessed like the leader of the Scarlet Crusade.

Hopefully die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He will reveal himself as evil genius behind garrosh, explain his plan and crush rebels and alliance under his boot. Then he will become god-emperor of orckind and start grand crusade to counter burning legion.
    And when his favored lieutenant, Saurfang, rebels and almost kills Thrall at the cost of his own life, he will be interred in the Frozen Throne, guiding his people, only living through the sacrifice of hundreds oh shamans every day.

Seems like a completely unique plot.

I think thrall is gonna pull a shaman king, oversoul grom's spirit into gorehowl and kill garrosh with it.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Hopefully die.
    Yeah, I was thinking him and Saurfang on racks up out in front of Orgrimmar's main gates. Lets everyone know what the score is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post
    Why not? His father killed a Demigod (Cenarius) and one of the Generals of the burning legion (Mannoroth) in a 1v1 combat (and no, Thrall doesn't count, he was knocked out as soon as the fight started and didn't do shit).

I'm certain the son of Grom Hellscream is capable of doing great if he takes his head outta his arse.
    unlike his daddy garrosh isn't empowered by the blood curse (a sort of magic) that's why

He'll be caught and will end up being a Sha-corrupted raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post

Point of order, Grom and his army drank a pot full of Mannoroth's blood and got transformed into big red orcs to even touch Cenarius.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    And when his favored lieutenant, Saurfang, rebels and almost kills Thrall at the cost of his own life, he will be interred in the Frozen Throne, guiding his people, only living through the sacrifice of hundreds oh shamans every day.

Seems like a completely unique plot.
    Saurfang is Garrosh's trusted lieutenant? Where the hell are you getting this from? Saurfang thought Garrosh was reckless and foolish, had less tolerance for him than Thrall did. And we haven't seen Saurfang since Wrath, we've just assumed he retired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Point of order, Grom and his army drank a pot full of Mannoroth's blood and got transformed into big red orcs to even touch Cenarius.

Saurfang is Garrosh's trusted lieutenant? Where the hell are you getting this from? Saurfang thought Garrosh was reckless and foolish, had less tolerance for him than Thrall did. And we haven't seen Saurfang since Wrath, we've just assumed he retired.
    It's still quite a feat, if it wasn't, Mannoroth himself would've handled the situation, and he didn't, he says during the campaign that Cenarius could cause far too much trouble.

And do you know if there's something in Garrosh's blood? Maybe there is and we don't know? (I don't know I haven't played MoP, correct me if I'm wrong)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Saurfang is Thralls lieutenant. I was answering Arrashi's thing where he took the story from Warhammer 40K's Great Crusade and applied it to WoW. I just finished his story for him. The God-Emperor of orckind is not immune to the fatality of history repeating itself.

Honestly this has been Garrosh's biggest problem he is on the hunt for more power; just like the old horde wanted more power to defeat the dranai they ended being corrupted by demon blood.