Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    By the way I laughed at the "between LFR and normal" item level. Have fun earning gear on par with heroic scenarios in 5.4.

Laughing. So. Hard.

Considering that the 5.4 LFR will most likely be ilvl 526-528, and require 500 ilvl, I don't see that really being a problem.

What I HOPE will happen- LFR, 526 ilvl. Flex mode, 534 ilvl. Normal, 547 ilvl. Heroic, 560 ilvl. With, of course, Heroic Bloodsoaked Upgraded being 576 ilvl. Will see I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Blizzard making game more and more casual with focus on making sure everyone can play their game. Sure it makes more money but it just doesn't add anything to dedicated raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Considering that the 5.4 LFR will most likely be ilvl 526-528, and require 500 ilvl, I don't see that really being a problem.

What I HOPE will happen- LFR, 526 ilvl. Flex mode, 534 ilvl. Normal, 547 ilvl. Heroic, 560 ilvl. With, of course, Heroic Bloodsoaked Upgraded being 576 ilvl. Will see I guess.
    Normal mode loot will be around 552~ item level. LFR will be around 528. You'll probably be able to earn 541-543 from #FlexMode

I get what they're trying to do, but I can't help feeling this may pull even more people away from normal mode raids.

Somewhat on a plus side I get the impression that LFR's rewards are going to be toned down, which is good because I always felt the rewards were disproportionate to the effort involved. I guess that means no legendary progression and possibly no tier sets through the raid finder.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Blizzard making game more and more casual with focus on making sure everyone can play their game. Sure it makes more money but it just doesn't add anything to dedicated raiders.
    Dedicated raiders have normal and heroic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Why does it have to? Us dedicated raiders already have good content. I'm excited to be able to help out my friends who aren't as good without having to deal with LFR.

My guesses (528 LFR, 548 Normal, 554 Normal 'TF', 561 Heroic, 567 Heroic 'TF') haven't changed; I'd peg Flex right in between LFR and Normal at 538. Be nice if they could be 'TF' at 544 too.

Guess this is why they kept the big ilvl gap between LFR and Normal? They have to have been planning this for a while.

Deleted
    Just told a friend of mine about his system. First I explained everything about how it worked. His reaction was

"Damn! Nice! Sounds like a neat feature!"

Then I told him (saved the best for last) "Btw, wont share lockout with LFR or Normal/Heroic."

"WTF? Are blizzard high, this is gonna be shit"

I think a shitstorm is heading blizzards way to be honest. If Flex is supposed to be an upgraded version of LFR, which requires slightly more organisation, why not make it share with LFR? That way normal/heroic raiders can help their friends in flex mode, and LFR/Flex get the same relationship Normal/Heroic got right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Why does it have to? Us dedicated raiders already have good content. I'm excited to be able to help out my friends who aren't as good without having to deal with LFR.
    And people who can't do dedicated raiding have LFR, why does there need to be a middle ground when normal mode should be that middle ground. Then just make heroic mode and this Flex mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    My guesses (528 LFR, 548 Normal, 554 Normal 'TF', 561 Heroic, 567 Heroic 'TF') haven't changed; I'd peg Flex right in between LFR and Normal at 538. Be nice if they could be 'TF' at 544 too.

Guess this is why they kept the big ilvl gap between LFR and Normal? They have to have been planning this for a while.
    Seems reasonable.

This will damage LFR queue time <or> u will only find the worst of the worst players in LFR from now on xD.

They wasted a lot of time for a third raid mode that will be neglected after a week or two of the release of a new tier.

Yeah i'm extremely disappointed, if anything I wanted them to REMOVE LFR, not add another fucking difficulty. Just make normal slightly easier and remove everything else bar heroic - You do NOT need to be a fucking elitist to clear normal mode - I like the idea of making it flexible though, that's a decent move I guess. Still, all these difficulties just removes the feel of raiding so much, I guess overall it's a decent move as it will make more people happy - But for a lot of us it's just disappointing.... Difficulties altogether is really lame, much prefer games with just a single difficulty level, but whatever I guess this move makes sense for those players that want to get raiding but just have it horribly falling apart...

In fact now that I think about it, can't this just replace LFR? LFR is so mind numbingly boring it's not fun, at least this would bring back some life to other-wise dead guilds? I'd imagine it's slightly more difficult than LFR, e.g. one shot mechanics actually one shot you, can't just ignore tactics completely but it's not a very large healing/dps check etc - I'd like that, if this was the new 'ez' mode with normal and heroic still there - What's the point of LFR at all now?
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2013-06-07 at 01:48 AM.

"Game-changing feature." I am wondering when and if Blizzard actually said this or if other people are claiming they said this.

I am betting on the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Great, now we have 3 raid modes to run on our alts. Basically ToC with more bosses.
    Dont want to? Don't. As I said in another thread to you, use your willpower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Worst argument ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Flex is supposed to be an upgraded version of LFR,
    It's not

...which requires slightly more organisation, why not make it share with LFR? That way normal/heroic raiders can help their friends in flex mode, and LFR/Flex get the same relationship Normal/Heroic got right now.
    Why do you care? Normal/heroic raiders can help their friends with the feature as announced. The lack of a shared lockout with LFR doesn't affect that capability in the slightest.

i like the idea good for people on bigger servers with friends in lots of guilds to on an off night hit up some achievements, but like heroic scenarios this is ultimately an attempt for that whole "realm community" thing people keep going on about but since they say you can do it cross server all thats going to happen (like heroic scenarios) is alot of people just using oQueue to get a group for them, it will just turn into lfr without the auto queue

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst argument ever.
    Because you refuse to take responsibility for your own choices. You'll end up whining again about how you're forced to do this even though it's your choice. Just like the other thread, you'll sound like a kid who can't make life choices and who makes everything someone else's fault.

Don't want to run a difficulty? Don't. Or are you too weak-willed to do that?

It sounds more like pug mode similar to weekend pug runs on alts in wrath. I just hate that it's going to use the lfr loot system.

Legendary quests and HC raiders.

Deleted
    Because you refuse to take responsibility for your own choices. You'll end up whining again about how you're forced to do this even though it's your choice. Just like the other thread, you'll sound like a kid who can't make life choices and who makes everything someone else's fault.

Don't want to run a difficulty? Don't. Or are you too weak-willed to do that?
    Rather to strong willed not to run it. Doing everything you need to maximize your character sometimes include doing boring stuff.

No offense but...
    You gotta be quite dumb to not understand why this causes problems. Especially for alts.
    Not sure if you are just trying to spur a discussion or you actually believe in what you are saying.