Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    In what way? If s/he is getting more and more cloth and can't get it sold, and it keeps increasing then what is s/he loosing by turning cloth into Ethereal shards? I assume people are smart enough not to turn their whole backlog into shards all at once, but I fail to see what could be lost by doing this.

The OP said that a stack of cloth (4 bolts) costs about 40g, and an ethereal shard is 40g. Assuming the OP is in an at least level 23 guild for the Bountiful Bags proc (and has an enchanter), the OP is betting on luck and RNG from DEing blues to make money. The OP could make money, but it will be miniscule for the amount of time it takes to make bolts > make gear > DE gear > post shards. The OP could also lose money because the value of a shard and a stack of cloth is so close in value.

It's always a bad deal to base money making off of the crapshoot that is Bountiful Bags, alchemy procs, etc.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-06-08 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The OP said that a stack of cloth (4 bolts) costs about 40g, and an ethereal shard is 40g. Assuming the OP is in an at least level 23 guild for the Bountiful Bags proc (and has an enchanter), the OP is betting on luck and RNG from DEing blues to make money. The OP could make money, but it will be miniscule for the amount of time it takes to make bolts > make gear > DE gear > post shards. The OP could also lose money because the value of a shard and a stack of cloth is so close in value.

It's always a bad deal to base money making off of the crapshoot that is Bountiful Bags, alchemy procs, etc.
    Exactly this, thanks. Spirit Dust is 3g a piece usually and Essences are 13-16g each with Shards being 40g

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 01:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    500 stacks? Wtf have you been farming and for how long?
    It only took me two days to get that much cloth sadly. Mistfall Village.

bags for twink 1-10 ^^ thats gona take for ever .. and if that is done i start with the main bank slots :P

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    bags for twink 1-10 ^^ thats gona take for ever .. and if that is done i start with the main bank slots :P
    If there was a simple bag dump for windwool, then that is exactly what I would do.
    But there is not.
    Only one bag, and that requires the spirits, and therefore are likely going to be in insufficient quantity to use up the cloth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    Exactly this, thanks. Spirit Dust is 3g a piece usually and Essences are 13-16g each with Shards being 40g
    Sorry completely missed that part of your post in this thread. Then it's probably down to proccing blue gear from the leveling items (which is a gamble) and making PvP gear to sell (which is likely slow). Sorry to say I don't see any directly profitable things to do either. Best you can do is diversify most likely. Tiny slices of several pies might be enough to get through that load of cloth, or at least keep it from stacking up ever higher.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I make and sell bags for 3k gold just to screw over anyone that is trying to make good money off them.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I don't 100% understand how you can't make money by DE'ing crafted, making bags or any of the offered suggestions when you didn't spend any money to get the cloth in the first place. who cares if a stack of wool sells for the same price as a shard, that 40G is more than the cloth collecting dust in your vault
    ---------------------------
    FuriousG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriousG View Post
    I don't 100% understand how you can't make money by DE'ing crafted, making bags or any of the offered suggestions when you didn't spend any money to get the cloth in the first place. who cares if a stack of wool sells for the same price as a shard, that 40G is more than the cloth collecting dust in your vault
    Well you put some time into crafting and DE'ing so it's more effort, for the same amount of gold. I'd probably consider it still, cause it helps spread the cloth around to more sources where you can sell it, but the extra work is a consideration. Time is money, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousG View Post
    Time is money. The cloth has a value of 40g a stack, it's not free.

The OP is looking for the way to get the most money for his cloth.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-06-09 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndogg View Post
    You could take a risk and just bank it on a guild bank alt. Never know if next patch Blizzard decides to allow a Tailoring catch up ala ghost iron bars for blacksmithing. Nothing's been announced for further profession catchup and I am speculating but that's what I would do. I'm sure there would be obscene amount of cloth needed for that kind of catchup and you turn a huge profit.
    Blizz has stated that in the future they plan to have catchup mechanics for the other professions and tailoring would be a good bet. I'd personally store a bunch as a nest egg in case that happens and just make bags

"Time is money. The cloth has a value of 40g a stack, it's not free."

Only the first few stacks of cloth are worth 40g. The rest are apparently being returned after not getting sold. So, what possibly is happening, is he has 500 stacks of cloth. 5 or 6 of them are worth 40g. But the 7th and all the other cloth after that are worth quite a bit less, and possibly very close to 0. It's possible as well that 20 or so shards would sell at 40 each day.

In this case the most profitable strategy might very well be to sell 7 cloths at 40, and 20 shards at 40. This way, instead of getting 280 per day till the cloth is all sold in 70 days, he gets 1,080 a day and sells his stash in closer to 15 days. This would especially apply if he is still killing things that continue to increase his cloth supply.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    you can also disenchant the shards to make essences, 3x essence are worthg 45g and they sell quite fast and in larger supply compared to shards

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    Blizz has stated that in the future they plan to have catchup mechanics for the other professions and tailoring would be a good bet. I'd personally store a bunch as a nest egg in case that happens and just make bags
    good point here, they introduced that to blacksmithing already. cannot be too long until the others foillow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    Exactly this, thanks. Spirit Dust is 3g a piece usually and Essences are 13-16g each with Shards being 40g[COLOR="red"]
    didnt you say your problem was that cloths didnt sell fast enough? youll sell way more by dividing your offerings on different items. also ppl might find 40g too expensive for cloth so they hesitate buying whereas 40g for the shards is pretty okayish.
    another option would be selling windsong/blurred speed/greater protection enchants.
    Last edited by mmocaba1459261; 2013-06-09 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    you can also disenchant the shards to make essences, 3x essence are worthg 45g and they sell quite fast and in larger supply compared to shards

40g per stack of cloth, 40g per shard, 13g per essence, 39 gold per 3 essences
    Last edited by Marionette; 2013-06-12 at 04:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Turn into 458 bracers.
    2) Disenchant said bracers.
    3) Make Sha Crystals.
    4)???
    5) Profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    1) Turn into 458 bracers.
    2) Disenchant said bracers.
    3) Make Sha Crystals.
    4)???
    5) Profit.
    You can only make one crystal a day and I have 10,000 cloth. I need something a little more useful.

I make a mint selling bags, give it to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I took 12 stacks of Windwool, created PvP cloaks and DE'd them. I got two proc's which gives me a total of 14 Shards. 14 x 40.9 is 572g 60s which sold within 10 minutes.
    I took 12 stacks of Windwool, created greens in hope of getting blues to AH. I made one blue, price currently unknown and DE'd 84 gold worth of Dust.

15+ Year Old Account
    i use my silk to make leg patches instead of bags, bags sell for 3500g on my server and leg patches sell for 400g...As for the windwool I dont know what to do with it either.

There's several ways to shuffle windwool cloth.

I farm somewhere in the range of 2000-3000 stacks a week these days by aoeing pixies at mistfall village (if the "sprite plight" daily is up) on a tailor with potion of luck. I am far beyond gold cap so don't care who knows about this spot. This spot is by far the most ludicrous gold making spot in the game, I generally make about 12K-15K/hour there.

- You can convert the cloth to bolts, convert bolts into 458 PVP cloaks, DE those, sell shards, or convert shards to essences and sell those.
    - You can sell the cloth raw - I frequently did this because the market for shards on my old server was flooded. Shards sell for more, but sell more slowly. Cloth bombed out quickly at 33-37G/stack so I got rid of it all that way. In addition, shuffling takes a lot of time and is boring. Crafting and DEing thousands of cloaks is not my idea of a fun way to spend hours of my life.
    - In a worst case, you can create Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's Cloak of Prowess - this vendors for slightly over 17 gold and is the item which will get you the most from the vendor out of tailoring. In fact, if cloth is below 17G/stack, you can buy it all out, create these cloaks and vendor them for a profit.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor