Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    You forgot Stormbolt?
    Whoops.

CS-SB-EX-EX-EX =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Whoops.

CS-SB-EX-EX-EX =D
    Hey man why doesn't SimC recognize actions.precombat=food,type=mango_ice ??
    Had to add a 300 mastery gem and remove the food buff completely too complicated

- - - Updated - - -

Should I trust this now >.< I feel iffy about sacrificing almost 2% crit for mastery :/

Edit: And this is with crit elixir

Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2014-05-15 at 02:36 PM.

I meant to mention this earlier, when simc does stat scaling it adds +1000 to the stat. +1000crit could put you dangerously close to bt-crit cap or possibly over, which will show up in the scaling as the 500-1000 range of crit that you are adding is significantly less valuable than 0-500.

Here's one way to fix it:

Go to the override tab, type in:

scale_crit_rating=500
    center_scale_delta=1

This will find your dps at -250 crit and +250 crit, and then tell you how much damage is gained between those 2 points.

( Also, please don't reforge the 2nd way. :P )

I'll check into the food.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like we're hard-coding food, and no one ever added mango ice as it hadn't been used. I'll add it in, and it'll be ready for the next release (Probably when 5.4.8 comes out)

For now, just add a gem to your trinkets

trinket1=awesomesauce,id=696969,gems=-300str_300mastery

I just want to notice for our friend warrior who are alchemist (like me) the elixir +750 crit become +990 crit

For now, just add a gem to your trinkets

trinket1=awesomesauce,id=696969,gems=-300str_300mastery
    Awesomesauce is BiS Trinket by far.
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by nerocell View Post
    I just want to notice for our friend warrior who are alchemist (like me) the elixir +750 crit become +990 crit
    Cool, good to know.

So, some oddities are showing up when adding the elixir + mastery food to double windsong that may force ds/ds, ws/ds or ws/ws depending on a multitude of factors.

The elixir is definitely better than the strength flask, but adding that amount of crit shakes up the previous data on windsong, most specifically for people who are sitting around 47-48% raid buffed crit at the moment. It's not destroying the value of windsong to the point where dancing steel is 1-2% better, but it does effectively make windsong equal to dancing steel. It is leading to some weird simulations where using 1 of each enchant is optimal, though.

I thought there might be some of this when +4 upgrades came around, but I also didn't try out the crit elixir until today.

I'll sort it out later today. Warriorsarri is also looking into it.

( My god, we're bored. )

I love u guys! Thanks for all your major input towards the warrior community!

Don't get how strength(ds) can become a better stat with the info you just gave though.. guessing more sims/coding will give the answer to that eventually

I love u guys! Thanks for all your major input towards the warrior community!

Don't get how strength(ds) can become a better stat with the info you just gave though.. guessing more sims/coding will give the answer to that eventually
    It's mostly crit getting worse, as windsong's crit buff is starting to push bloodthirst crit chance over 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be wary though if you do not have garrosh weaps/shoulders. The best you can currently do is DS MH/WS OH if you are full BiS pre-garrosh.
    If you don't have HWF Thoks, you are better off sticking to DS/DS. Here is an example of our good friend Xarri (not pre-garrosh BiS but my results were the same):

Base Xarri
    DS/DS off
    windsong main/DS off
    DS main/WS off
    WS/WS

Upgraded Thoks Xarri
    Ds/Ds
    WS/DS
    DS/WS
    WS/WS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Be wary though if you do not have garrosh weaps/shoulders. The best you can currently do is DS MH/WS OH if you are full BiS pre-garrosh.
    If you don't have HWF Thoks, you are better off sticking to DS/DS. Here is an example of our good friend Xarri (not pre-garrosh BiS but my results were the same):

Base Xarri
    DS/DS off
    windsong main/DS off
    DS main/WS off
    WS/WS

Upgraded Thoks Xarri
    Ds/Ds
    WS/DS
    DS/WS
    WS/WS
    Are these with str food+flask or crit elixir/mastery food or some other combo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Str food+flask

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post

Base Xarri
    DS/DS off
    windsong main/DS off
    DS main/WS off
    WS/WS

Upgraded Thoks Xarri
    Ds/Ds
    WS/DS
    DS/WS
    WS/WS
    Yeh, those who have terrible itemized gear may need to stick to dancing steel.

might it be worth going human (as alliance) if we are to overcap on crit?

10+ Year Old Account
    might it be worth going human (as alliance) if we are to overcap on crit?
    highly doubtful.

Cool, good to know.

So, some oddities are showing up when adding the elixir + mastery food to double windsong that may force ds/ds, ws/ds or ws/ws depending on a multitude of factors.

The elixir is definitely better than the strength flask, but adding that amount of crit shakes up the previous data on windsong, most specifically for people who are sitting around 47-48% raid buffed crit at the moment. It's not destroying the value of windsong to the point where dancing steel is 1-2% better, but it does effectively make windsong equal to dancing steel. It is leading to some weird simulations where using 1 of each enchant is optimal, though.

I thought there might be some of this when +4 upgrades came around, but I also didn't try out the crit elixir until today.

I'll sort it out later today. Warriorsarri is also looking into it.

( My god, we're bored. )
    Semi-false alarm. You might want to sim your character before swapping from ds --> ws unless you are decked out in 575+ crit/mastery gear, especially when adding in the elixir/mastery food.

Recap:

Use 750 crit elixir
    Use 300 mastery food (Extremely small dps increase, so if you can't find it oh well.)
    Use WS/WS on weapons if you're within 4-5 ilevels of bis with mostly crit/mastery gear. Sim it otherwise.

With 4/4 upgrades on everything, we will swap back to DS/DS with 750 crit elixir and 300 mastery food.

Deleted
    Semi-false alarm. You might want to sim your character before swapping from ds --> ws unless you are decked out in 575+ crit/mastery gear, especially when adding in the elixir/mastery food.

Recap:

Use 750 crit elixir
    Use 300 mastery food (Extremely small dps increase, so if you can't find it oh well.)
    Use WS/WS on weapons if you're within 4-5 ilevels of bis with mostly crit/mastery gear. Sim it otherwise.

With 4/4 upgrades on everything, we will swap back to DS/DS with 750 crit elixir and 300 mastery food.
    Decking 2x HCWF pride and Demo belt. How much is enough crit/mast gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Decking 2x HCWF pride and Demo belt. How much is enough crit/mast gear?
    Looking at your armory, you can do it because your shoulders/trnkets in addition to your gear (edit--your gear is almost bis and has good itemization. If you are going to be off a piece, the belt and/or rings is the one to be off on--which you are).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Windowflip View Post
    I think it's safe to say if you're at 578 equipped you have enough, honestly though IDK.
    This isnt' true. It isn't 100% ilevel. I have 579 i level, but because I have neither garrosh gear nor wf thok's, dancing steel is better for me. This is why it is normally better to sim yourself.

It is important to note that all of this is splitting hairs for very minimal gains. One enchant change to a weapon vs another combo wielded a 1 DPS difference.

- - - Updated - - -

I re-did my test using myself and windsong proved better for me. Here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Orczz/advanced

Important notes--I enabled deterministic RNG due to manager winning a fight with collision.

WS/DS

WS/WS

DS/WS

DS/DS
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2014-05-15 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    Recap:

Use 750 crit elixir

And for aoe, do you want to keep ur TTT and cleave trinket or EEoG and cleave trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Mara403 View Post
    And for aoe, do you want to keep ur TTT and cleave trinket or EEoG and cleave trinket?
    EEoG + Cleave. Or Cleave + Cleave (agi).