Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    I noticed you didn't touch base on an alternative rotation for Raging Wind TG replacing in filler section, WS with WW unless Bloodsurge.

Excellent guide none the less.
    Yeah I only have it as a bit of text under the filler priority and in the glyph section, I'll Update the picture tomorrow to make it a bit more obvious/explain it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    I noticed you didn't touch base on an alternative rotation for Raging Wind TG replacing in filler section, WS with WW unless Bloodsurge.

Excellent guide none the less.
    There is a caveat with doing this too, first off you actually have to manage it a little more than you do unbuffed WS. Next, it is possible that based on MH/OH Ilvl it is better/worse to use the glyph, the better the OH in relation to the MH the less benefit the glyph gives. Finally, the bonus is small overall, and if you need another glyph for a fight you're probably better off not even bothering with it. Example, if you need to maintain/keep the 12% armor shread debuff up with glyph of CS, that will be an overall greater DPS increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice guide, covers all of the blips I've been having with Fury atm. Only thing I'd like to clear up is how much Rage should I have for me to want to use a rage dump skill? I've been going with 90+ but I don't know if it's better to tweak it to slightly less or more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Very nice guide, covers all of the blips I've been having with Fury atm. Only thing I'd like to clear up is how much Rage should I have for me to want to use a rage dump skill? I've been going with 90+ but I don't know if it's better to tweak it to slightly less or more.
    Rage thresholds are personal choices and I can't really give you a straight answer, 90 is pretty high for a cap as a BT crit and a few white swings can cap you easily, but If you can manage 90 rage and never cap out then keep with it.

Yeah, rage thresholds are personal, and if you set them too high you'll pay too much attention to your rage bar rather than the fire on the ground. I generally go with 80ish for wild strike, 110 for heroic strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Yeah I only have it as a bit of text under the filler priority and in the glyph section, I'll Update the picture tomorrow to make it a bit more obvious/explain it better.
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warrio...-and-cooldowns

bETTER WARRIOR GUide

10+ Year Old Account
    Rage thresholds are personal choices and I can't really give you a straight answer, 90 is pretty high for a cap as a BT crit and a few white swings can cap you easily, but If you can manage 90 rage and never cap out then keep with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Yeah, rage thresholds are personal, and if you set them too high you'll pay too much attention to your rage bar rather than the fire on the ground. I generally go with 80ish for wild strike, 110 for heroic strike.
    Okay thanks. I've swapped to 80 for the time being and I don't feel rage starved so it seems like a good number to go with.
    Anyway thanks again for the in-depth guide Requiel. I've noticed a marked increase in my dps and enjoyment of playing fury since reading your guide.

Hi, am new to fury. Need ask some question. I am having cri at about 23%. My rotation is starting BT > CS > RB however when starting of rotation RB and BS does not proc, I only can use one time HS, HT and DR then BT but during the second round of rotation RB and WS does not proc again am I going to be sitting duck cause all are in CD and rage is low..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelram View Post
    Hi, am new to fury. Need ask some question. I am having cri at about 23%. My rotation is starting BT > CS > RB however when starting of rotation RB and BS does not proc, I only can use one time HS, HT and DR then BT but during the second round of rotation RB and WS does not proc again am I going to be sitting duck cause all are in CD and rage is low..
    Fury Has a lot of open GCD's and is not very forgiving at lower ilvls, it might feel weird not pressing something but that's how it goes. Most of the times you won't want to spend rage on a move unless you are at the rage threshold for WS or you're inside a CS but instead you will just white swing/use free moves to fill in the gaps.

Throwing a question out here to sorta help me understand some of the theorycrafting with Fury. The question is not about optimizing dps (because I know Bloodbath is preferred in T6), but more about synergy/breakpoints.

Let's say for whatever purposes I want to eschew the extra damage of Bloodbath for Avatar. Would it be a dps gain to glyph recklessness for use with Avatar? My thinking is that even with the reduced crit chance of glyphed recklessness, since I'll be extending the crit chance to 18 seconds I'll have an extra 6 seconds (3-4 cds) of higher dmg crits (since Avatar would still be in effect for all of those 6 seconds). Or I would be better off with the higher crit chance for the 12 seconds?

Thanks
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Throwing a question out here to sorta help me understand some of the theorycrafting with Fury. The question is not about optimizing dps (because I know Bloodbath is preferred in T6), but more about synergy/breakpoints.

Let's say for whatever purposes I want to eschew the extra damage of Bloodbath for Avatar. Would it be a dps gain to glyph recklessness for use with Avatar? My thinking is that even with the reduced crit chance of glyphed recklessness, since I'll be extending the crit chance to 18 seconds I'll have an extra 6 seconds (3-4 cds) of higher dmg crits (since Avatar would still be in effect for all of those 6 seconds). Or I would be better off with the higher crit chance for the 12 seconds?

Thanks
    The problem with Recklessness glyph (and avatar) is the duration of the cool down is much larger than most of our other cool downs and doesn't benefit from our other CD being inside of it such as Skull banner, synapse springs, blood bath (if tallented) and possible enrage. also Since we play to dump all of out hard hitting moves (RB and execute) and rage into a CS the shorter more powerful cool downs excel in this situation.

The problem with Recklessness glyph (and avatar) is the duration of the cool down is much larger than most of our other cool downs and doesn't benefit from our other CD being inside of it such as Skull banner, synapse springs, blood bath (if tallented) and possible enrage. also Since we play to dump all of out hard hitting moves (RB and execute) and rage into a CS the shorter more powerful cool downs excel in this situation.
    I understand. I'm just trying to get a sense of whether it's worth trying to improve Avatar by extending Recklessness for more of it, or whether the higher crit chance for half of the CD is a better choice.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I understand. I'm just trying to get a sense of whether it's worth trying to improve Avatar by extending Recklessness for more of it, or whether the higher crit chance for half of the CD is a better choice.
    Its not because you are removing the damage away from other CD's such as CS/Skull banner/etc. if it weren't for those the glyph would probably be good.

With 23% of cri is it ok to go fury but I do have 3 tier 15 gear, I still trying to get some ToT gear to increase my cri. Need some advice..cause there times my skill is all in cool down and rage is low I just sit there.

Its not because you are removing the damage away from other CD's such as CS/Skull banner/etc. if it weren't for those the glyph would probably be good.
    Gotcha, thanks.

Peer reviewed guides are the best. Why hasn't this gotten a sticky yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorca View Post
    Peer reviewed guides are the best. Why hasn't this gotten a sticky yet?
    because the warrior forums have only 1 mod, and that mod hasn't posted in 11 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    <comment>
    I just want to say, I love the fact that your account says
    Temperance Brennan
    I am Murloc!

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    because the warrior forums have only 1 mod, and that mod hasn't posted in 11 months or so.
    Just like the Warrior Dev team.
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin