Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    As they're telling us to pick of of the unannounced features, then, I guess, we may pick anything we want and then blame them for not implementing it. I've picked 3rd spec for example.
    Won't happen, it's already bad enough to get asked to have a healing offspec. Without dualspec, guilds couldn't do that.

Deleted
    What is the big features? beside flex-raideing have i not heard of anything really(beside danse studioes back in TBC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz seems to really be back reeling on this big new feature. They probably scrapped something really good because they were too lazy and just threw in something half ass like flex raiding.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So my question is, what are the 'other' features of 5.4? What was not 'unannounced'?

It seems the general consensus is that the Flex Raid thing is... neat? But the majority of people really don't care. The only people I see really interested in it, is people who already raid, but are just short of 25, or doing two 10 groups.

Regardless, it seems like backpedalling to first say "Big Unannounced Feature" to "Uhhh pick something else". What is 5.4 bringing to the table game-wise, besides the obvious (New raid, new tier, end of expansion). Because those aren't really 'big game features'.
    Well, it's "unannounced", so you have to wait and see. :3

Seriously though, they probably just don't want to get into a fruitless debate over whether the "big feature" was "big" enough. It's not like people on the internet are rational and can be pursued by logic - a handful maybe; but in general it's a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So my question is, what are the 'other' features of 5.4? What was not 'unannounced'?

It seems the general consensus is that the Flex Raid thing is... neat? But the majority of people really don't care. The only people I see really interested in it, is people who already raid, but are just short of 25, or doing two 10 groups.

Regardless, it seems like backpedalling to first say "Big Unannounced Feature" to "Uhhh pick something else". What is 5.4 bringing to the table game-wise, besides the obvious (New raid, new tier, end of expansion). Because those aren't really 'big game features'.
    He meant to say "Pick the feature of THIS EXPANSION" like Bashiok said.

- You mean the gigantic failure of Scenarios?
    - Or the bigger failure of Dailies?
    - Or the widely hated new Talent System? (I actually like it, but it was HORRIBLY implemented, and against their design philosophy. Look at Mages for example)

Honestly, what fucking features did we actually get in this expansion that didn't suck ass?

... Oh duh, VP upgrading. THAT WAS THE ONLY GOOD THING MoP GOT RIGHT.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Blizz seems to really be back reeling on this big new feature. They probably scrapped something really good because they were too lazy and just threw in something half ass like flex raiding.
    Off-topic and no offence, but I though that dude in your avatar picture was operating a puppet for a moment. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Off-topic and no offence, but I though that dude in your avatar picture was operating a puppet for a moment. >.>
    Nope, he is being a boss with his hot bitch.

They're just trying to play a game with us and I just trying to stop it. They are trying to make situation with their "big feature" better, and I trying to turn it into "announce all 5.4 features or it will be even worse", cuz I'll "guess" this features by myself and then'll start blaming you even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Won't happen, it's already bad enough to get asked to have a healing offspec. Without dualspec, guilds couldn't do that.
    Stop it already. It's useless holywar, all arguments against it already beaten enormous amount of times and it becames too hard for Blizzard to think up new excuses. Nobody really cares about this <1% of players, who are hardcore enough to be forced to change spec on every single boss.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

- Or the widely hated new Talent System? (I actually like it, but it was HORRIBLY implemented, and against their design philosophy. Look at Mages for example)

Honestly, what fucking features did we actually get in this expansion that didn't suck ass?

Scenarios aren't a failure, especially regarding the ones involved with the legendary quest and warlock quest line. Dailies have always been shit, they're not exactly new this expansion either. I like the talents, some classes didn't get a good go at them but they've been working on it and they're making another pass in 5.4 to fix the bad ones.

This expansion has been pretty great imho, no need to say everything is terrible because you don't personally like it. (Granted, I've never seen a post of yours that wasn't whining about something)

Deleted

I feel, you have a big anger toward this xpack? What is so wrong with the taltens, i like them. Instedt of HAVEING to take 5 times 1% more crit and 3 points in "gives the main proc of your class, that you always need" just to get to the cool taltens, here you just get the cool taltens, and you can even choice from the other classes. Look at mages for example, you can pick ice barrier as a fire mage.
    I can agree on Scenarios tho, The biggest F-ing waste of everything ever. The give bad and most of the time just plain out no loot(atleast at early patch before the improvment, where you needed it) They have stopped makeing new dungeons and HC's since Scenarios is easyer to make and balance. I like some of them, do not get me wrong, but i do ONLY one each day for the rep, and some of them are cool enough, but They are only cool and interesting the first time you play them

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Scenarios aren't a failure, especially regarding the ones involved with the legendary quest and warlock quest line. Dailies have always been shit, they're not exactly new this expansion either. I like the talents, some classes didn't get a good go at them but they've been working on it and they're making another pass in 5.4 to fix the bad ones.

This expansion has been pretty great imho, no need to say everything is terrible because you don't personally like it. (Granted, I've never seen a post of yours that wasn't whining about something)
    I will agree that the Legendary Quest and Warlock scenarios were good, but they're a one time thing. I'm referring to the no-point ones that we can spam over and over.

No, Dailies aren't new, but they are 1000% more integrated into this expansion than any other one. If you didn't do the Isle of Quel'Danas ones, you weren't missing out on much. Same with the Firelands dailies. Not doing MoP dailies (pre-fix) means no bonus coins for extra rolls nor buying VP gear.

I actually do like the talent system too, IF they kept to their design philosophy of "not meant to be a DPS increase". Explain Mage then, which they STILL won't remove the extremely hated L75/L90 tiers.

In what sense? I've enjoyed raiding and a small portion of non-raid things (Brawler's Guild, the Loot Scenario from IoT, Warlock questline), but most of it has been pretty shit IMO, even worse when the class you've been playing for years suddenly turns to absolute shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I feel, you have a big anger toward this xpack? What is so wrong with the taltens, i like them. Instedt of HAVEING to take 5 times 1% more crit and 3 points in "gives the main proc of your class, that you always need" just to get to the cool taltens, here you just get the cool taltens, and you can even choice from the other classes. Look at mages for example, you can pick ice barrier as a fire mage.
    I can agree on Scenarios tho, The biggest F-ing waste of everything ever. The give bad and most of the time just plain out no loot(atleast at early patch before the improvment, where you needed it) They have stopped makeing new dungeons and HC's since Scenarios is easyer to make and balance. I like some of them, do not get me wrong, but i do ONLY one each day for the rep, and some of them are cool enough, but They are only cool and interesting the first time you play them
    If you actually read what I said, I said that I liked the new talent system (it's just widely hated). I DON'T like the Mage talents though, as they're awful "choices".
    Overall, this expansion is miles ahead of Cataclysm, but it's still the second worst period in WoW IMO. The raiding is great, but there's not much else.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Not really.
    I'm doing a Tranq Shot on UNANNOUNCED FEATURE rumor speculation. 5.4 has many exciting features. Just pick your favorite and call it that.
    As @Ghostcrawler said, pick the feature in 5.4 you like best and *that’s* the big expansion feature. There’s a few.
    So "Big Feature" was announced as 5.4 feature. And he is trying to tell us, that 5.4 - is not only this "Big Feature". Something like "It's nothing bad, that car, I'm trying to sell you, doesn't have an engine: car is not engine only - there are many other things there".
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    Not really.

So "Big Feature" was announced as 5.4 feature. And he is trying to tell us, that 5.4 - is not only this "Big Feature". Something like "It's nothing bad, that car, I'm trying to sell you, doesn't have an engine: car is not engine only - there are many other things there".
    I'm going to call absolute bullshit on all of that.

Blizzard has worded things retardedly in the past. Methinks they're trying to divert our attention from this for the time being. I'm expecting no new feature at all. (that includes Flexible raiding. That's not a new feature, that's a new difficulty that hardcore raiders feel forced to run to get new tier bonuses and trinkets -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Do you know how much work it will take to balance these "Flex" Raids that change based on how many people you have? They didn't scrap anything and aren't being "lazy".

The way people work is when they hear there is going to be a new feature they create unrealistic expectations of what it is going to be. And when it ends up not being what they thought they complain about it and say its a failure.

When you have been working on a game like WoW for as long they have you start to pick up on things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02 View Post
    It hurts a very core group of people, as for them it's just another mode they HAVE to run the same instance in once again.
    No they don't? What?

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 01:23 PM ----------

I'm going to call absolute bullshit on all of that.

Blizzard has worded things retardedly in the past. Methinks they're trying to divert our attention from this for the time being. I'm expecting no new feature at all. (that includes Flexible raiding. That's not a new feature, that's a new difficulty that hardcore raiders feel forced to run to get new tier bonuses and trinkets -_-)
    Two things, sorry I'm going to sound rude:

1. Whenever I've seen you post on here you've been such a negative nancy. Why? Have some hope for once. The only thing that is justified that I know you complain about on these forums is the Alliance storyline.

2. GC said, considering ME, MYSELF, is the one who outted the fact he said there was a new big feature in 5.4, said his favorite feature for this Xpack wasn't out yet.

That didn't mean there was only ONE feature.

It implied there could be MULTIPLE.

Honestly, this isn't blizzard's fault.

It's YOUR fault.

Everyone's fault.

Everyone, even myself at one point, read too much into what they said and blew up this entire feature/features.

Let it go. We're getting a number of them this patch.

And stop shitting on them because of your own doubts in what they'll release this patch when you nor I have any idea.

Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Flex Raid. But will it hurt someone? What could happen is that the worst two players get kicked out after an hour. Why would you run a raid with 18 people and two bad players when you could have it scalled down to 16 or even less good players?
    Bad players get kicked out already. There's no real difference.

Flexi-raids are tuned a bit lower the normal in any case, so you can afford to carry a few lemons. If you need to kick people out to lower the difficulty for the 'good' players, then maybe your raid group sucked to begin with.

Why do people care so much about how other people are playing the game.

If flexi-raid doesn't do anything for you then don't use it, if you're a high level pve player than just pretend it doesn't exist because for all you should care it doesn't.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Two things, sorry I'm going to sound rude:

1. Whenever I've seen you post on here you've been such a negative nancy. Why? Have some hope for once. The only thing that is justified that I know you complain about on these forums is the Alliance storyline.

2. GC said, considering ME, MYSELF, is the one who outted the fact he said there was a new big feature in 5.4, said his favorite feature for this Xpack wasn't out yet.

That didn't mean there was only ONE feature.

It implied there could be MULTIPLE.

Honestly, this isn't blizzard's fault.

It's YOUR fault.

Everyone's fault.

Everyone, even myself at one point, read too much into what they said and blew up this entire feature/features.

Let it go. We're getting a number of them this patch.

And stop shitting on them because of your own doubts in what they'll release this patch when you nor I have any idea.

Christ.
    1. Because every time I have hope, they shit on said hope. Firelands I was so pissed they forced me to go Arcane to be viable. I'm finally viable in DS, which ended up being the shittiest raid in the game. MoP comes and we're given shit talents. They took that into consideration and gave us... EVEN WORSE TALENTS! 5.1 was expected to fix a bit and it barely did. Worse yet, they nerf Fire to unplayability 3 days AFTER the patch. 5.2/5.3 were going to crack at our talents again. Still nothing. Oh and should I even mention the whole 'forced to do dailies' thing? (don't bother siding with them and saying they weren't mandatory to stay competitive). You should see me from years ago. I was plenty hopeful. THEY made me jaded.

2. See #1 for why I still disagree with you.

My fault for what? Hyping this? I didn't hype it at all. To be fair, he shouldn't have said anything at the start of the expansion. Saying there was a new feature towards the end was just the spark to start the hype-chain.

Oh I have an idea of what will happen.

5.4 PTR
    General: Flexible raids. All hardcore players now need to run THREE difficulties to get their Tier and Trinkets as quickly as possible since they're auto-better than last tier's heroics like every new fucking tier.

Mage
    Arcane: Tweaks to adjust its damage scaling (Small nerfs)
    Fire: NERFED TO UNPLAYABILITY DUE TO SCALING ISSUES BECAUSE WE LIKE FIRE'S RNG NATURE BUT HATE HOW "OP" IT IS AND WE'RE TOO LAZY TO REVAMP TO SCALE IT CORRECTLY. (Most likely CM going to 1.1 or completely removed, or yet another [huge] nerf to Pyroblast's damage)
    Frost: Small tweak (or no tweak) to fix scaling issues
    L90 Talents: Tweak to numbers. No actual fix to the main issue.

(Left out irrelevant parts such as other classes)

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Why do people care so much about how other people are playing the game.

If flexi-raid doesn't do anything for you then don't use it, if you're a high level pve player than just pretend it doesn't exist because for all you should care it doesn't.
    But it does exist and that means it's another way to get my next-tier 2p/4p bonus and trinkets because they're always better than the previous tier heroics (even as LFR version). So now, to be the best possible, I have to run not one, not two, but THREE difficulties next tier just to keep up.

Now if they could make it so LFR/Flex doesn't get tier bonuses, or I could get them outside of normal/heroic raiding (e.g., ToC/ICC days), then I would ignore it completely, even for the trinkets.

Deleted
    I will agree that the Legendary Quest and Warlock scenarios were good, but they're a one time thing. I'm referring to the no-point ones that we can spam over and over.

No, Dailies aren't new, but they are 1000% more integrated into this expansion than any other one. If you didn't do the Isle of Quel'Danas ones, you weren't missing out on much. Same with the Firelands dailies. Not doing MoP dailies (pre-fix) means no bonus coins for extra rolls nor buying VP gear.

I actually do like the talent system too, IF they kept to their design philosophy of "not meant to be a DPS increase". Explain Mage then, which they STILL won't remove the extremely hated L75/L90 tiers.

In what sense? I've enjoyed raiding and a small portion of non-raid things (Brawler's Guild, the Loot Scenario from IoT, Warlock questline), but most of it has been pretty shit IMO, even worse when the class you've been playing for years suddenly turns to absolute shit.

If you actually read what I said, I said that I liked the new talent system (it's just widely hated). I DON'T like the Mage talents though, as they're awful "choices".
    Overall, this expansion is miles ahead of Cataclysm, but it's still the second worst period in WoW IMO. The raiding is great, but there's not much else.
    They might have been a one time thing, they wouldn't have been possible without scenario technology. I also enjoy heroic scenarios as they provide somewhat of a challenge and allow me to slack on dailies. Also, surely if the coin gathering is what is bothering you it's not the fault of dailies, but the poor variety of methods given to us to gather them?

Pretty sure their philosophy for the talents is to have them within a reasonable margin in all situations, but enough diversity to make the more serious players make choices per encounter. That way the game remains interesting for serious players, yet casual players don't need to extensively reinvent their characters for trivial content.

1. Because every time I have hope, they shit on said hope. Firelands I was so pissed they forced me to go Arcane to be viable. I'm finally viable in DS, which ended up being the shittiest raid in the game. MoP comes and we're given shit talents. They took that into consideration and gave us... EVEN WORSE TALENTS! 5.1 was expected to fix a bit and it barely did. Worse yet, they nerf Fire to unplayability 3 days AFTER the patch. 5.2/5.3 were going to crack at our talents again. Still nothing. Oh and should I even mention the whole 'forced to do dailies' thing? (don't bother siding with them and saying they weren't mandatory to stay competitive). You should see me from years ago. I was plenty hopeful. THEY made me jaded.

2. See #1 for why I still disagree with you.

My fault for what? Hyping this? I didn't hype it at all. To be fair, he shouldn't have said anything at the start of the expansion. Saying there was a new feature towards the end was just the spark to start the hype-chain.

Oh I have an idea of what will happen.

5.4 PTR
    General: Flexible raids. All hardcore players now need to run THREE difficulties to get their Tier and Trinkets as quickly as possible since they're auto-better than last tier's heroics like every new fucking tier.

Mage
    Arcane: Tweaks to adjust its damage scaling (Small nerfs)
    Fire: NERFED TO UNPLAYABILITY DUE TO SCALING ISSUES BECAUSE WE LIKE FIRE'S RNG NATURE BUT HATE HOW "OP" IT IS AND WE'RE TOO LAZY TO REVAMP TO SCALE IT CORRECTLY. (Most likely CM going to 1.1 or completely removed, or yet another [huge] nerf to Pyroblast's damage)
    Frost: Small tweak (or no tweak) to fix scaling issues
    L90 Talents: Tweak to numbers. No actual fix to the main issue.

(Left out irrelevant parts such as other classes)
    Last time I checked all three mage specs were performing at the top of dps rankings, meaning you could play your most inefficient spec and be better than the other 20 something dps specs in the game. Seriously, mages have no right to complain, I play one, were fine, just because blizzard didn't personally consult you and made your least favorite spec marginally better than your favorite but still leaps and bounds ahead of some other classes ONLY damaging spec, you want to bitch? get over yourself.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.