Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Two americans build a death ray to be used against the enemies of USA and Israel

What?! Wow, no comment here. I seriously don't even know what to say. This is like out of conspiracy theories, with Ku Kux Clan, an unidentified jewish organization and a micro-wave death ray. Heck, if it wasn't posted by euronews I'd have thought it's fake.

http://www.euronews.com/2013/06/20/u...-us-and-israel

Two American men have been arrested and charged with building a remote-controlled X-ray machine intended for killing Muslims and other perceived enemies of the U.S.

Following a 15-month investigation launched in April 2012, Glenn Scott Crawford and Eric J. Feight are accused of developing the device, which the FBI has described as “mobile, remotely operated, radiation emitting and capable of killing human targets silently and from a distance with lethal doses of radiation”.

Federal prosecutors stated that Crawford, who works as an industrial mechanic for General Electric, contacted an unidentified Jewish organization and asked to speak with a person “who might be willing to help him with a type of technology that could be used by Israel to defeat its enemies – specifically by killing them while they slept”.

Crawford, who according to US media as a member of the far-right Ku Klux Klan organization, allegedly recruited Feight, described as “an outside General Electric contractor with mechanical and engineering skills” to design and build a remote control that would allow the “death ray” to be activated from a distance.

The two suspects were recorded referring to their intended victims as “medical waste”, according to the FBI, and face a $250,000 fine and up to 15 years in jail if convicted.

Deleted
    If 2 rednecks can do that i suddenly see how over the last few years alot of people have been dying of cancers... Government controlling population anyone? The increase of cancer reports over the last years is fairly new eventough it allrdy existed for a long time. Certain widerange xray beams could explain the increase.
    Last edited by mmoc166a4028b7; 2013-06-20 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yoloswag View Post
    Cancer is relatively new, don't forget that..
    Amazing. God bless you internet.

What concerns me about the arrests is are they really warranted. lots of inventors have worked on lethal technologies and attempted to sell to the US government.
    In this situation the designers approached what they thought was an organization with ties to the Israeli government with the intent to transfer the tech.
    what laws did they break? are those same laws applicable to Lockheed marten, Raytheon, GE. what part of our government grants the privilege to make death rays?

Do we only get lethal tech from pre aproved sourced now( Military industrial complex) and regard any home grown inventors as dangerous pre serial killer nut jobs.
    or did this tech strike just a little close to home?

That's completely ridiculous. Since when did the KKK like Jews enough to kill their enemies?

Honestly though, this sounds rather idiotic and not really newsworthy, especially considering the meager fine and jail time (indicating how little they must've actually accomplished).
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    And all around the world, schizophrenics speak up claiming that if someone can build this in a garage, it's proof the government has been using it against them for years...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    What concerns me about the arrests is are they really warranted. lots of inventors have worked on lethal technologies and attempted to sell to the US government.
    In this situation the designers approached what they thought was an organization with ties to the Israeli government with the intent to transfer the tech.
    what laws did they break? are those same laws applicable to Lockheed marten, Raytheon, GE. what part of our government grants the privilege to make death rays?

Do we only get lethal tech from pre aproved sourced now( Military industrial complex) and regard any home grown inventors as dangerous pre serial killer nut jobs.
    or did this tech strike just a little close to home?
    It's a conspiracy to commit murder. That's enough to convict.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

A death ray? That's indeed ridiculous.

But you know what's even more ridiculous? That it only took two guys to build that shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yoloswag View Post
    If 2 rednecks can do that i suddenly see how over the last few years alot of people have been dying of cancers... Government controlling population anyone? Cancer is relatively new, don't forget that... could be man made.
    While the cancer numbers have grown, in recent years, this is also due to environmental factors. That said, cancer as a disease is not new at all. Even dinosaurs had it.

http://medicineworld.org/cancer/history.html
    http://cancer.about.com/od/historyof...cerhistory.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Wha????? and if i create a better bullet with 25% more range and stopping power am i then also guilty of conspiracy to commit murder.
    what about the development of the A-bomb or any other weapons system. what about the Gatling gun. just because the technology is deadly is not automatically conspiracy to commit murder.

This whole case reeks of double standards. The US government has development programs where anyone can submit proposals.... its called DARPA. some of those programs are all about killing others better food or cloths.

How are new weapons designed to kill created without invoking conspiracy to commit murder?

If these guys got a deathray to work trust me they will get off and receive a DARPA contract.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Wha????? and if i create a better bullet with 25% more range and stopping power am i then also guilty of conspiracy to commit murder.
    what about the development of the A-bomb or any other weapons system. what about the Gatling gun. just because the technology is deadly is not automatically conspiracy to commit murder.

This whole case reeks of double standards. The US government has development programs where anyone can submit proposals.... its called DARPA. some of those programs are all about killing others better food or cloths.

How are new weapons designed to kill created without invoking conspiracy to commit murder?
    Because these two men were actively talking about targets, specifically civilian or out-of-combat targets that were not actively engaged in direct warfare.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Conspiracy to commit murder with a death ray. Epic

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    While the cancer numbers have grown, in recent years, this is also due to environmental factors. That said, cancer as a disease is not new at all. Even dinosaurs had it.

http://medicineworld.org/cancer/history.html
    http://cancer.about.com/od/historyof...cerhistory.htm
    Indeed, major causes are environmental and lifestyle, cancer is perfectly normal and happens all the time, expect your body copes with it via immunity, but when you have a shitty lifestyle and many environmental aggressors that keep said immunity down and stimulate development of cancers, it reaches a point where your immunity just cant cope with natural cancer and BAM, body can cope with a lot of bullshit we put it through, but there are limits :P

10+ Year Old Account

They were discussing actual targets. Planning murders. They weren't just creating the weapon, but planning to use it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 08:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Althalus View Post
    If these guys got a deathray to work trust me they will get off and receive a DARPA contract.
    Pretty sure DARPA already knows how to make a high power microwave beam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the most awesome news to be posted to this site. I mean, them africans begging a voodoo witch doctor to make them immune to bullets was pretty good too, but c'mon DEATH RAY.

They should have taken a page from internet memes and equipped sharks with them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thought the US worked on microwave weapons for non lethal purposes, something about slight heat making people want to move away or some such what do i know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Thought the US worked on microwave weapons for non lethal purposes, something about slight heat making people want to move away or some such what do i know
    Yeah, they do have stuff like that. If you jacked up the power though, you could definitely kill someone. I think the point of the death ray in the OP would be that it could be fired through the walls of a person's house while they're sleeping, and the uncomfortable warm feeling might not even wake them up before they died. And there would be no bullets for the police forensics to find, and the victim would never even see the attackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Yeaaaah, nonlethal and lethal is just a matter of power input and slight adjustments :P

Doubt darpa would be interested in redneck microwave, tech itself is quite ancient (from the 40's) its nothing particularly hard to make, as with most modern technology the limitations are generally power sources, nothing more.

They were discussing actual targets. Planning murders. They weren't just creating the weapon, but planning to use it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 08:16 AM ----------

I'm just using the information at hand. if a list of targets exists please link it.

Discussing targets for testing against enemies of the Israeli state is simply jumping ahead of normal lethality testing that needs to be conducted before field testing.
    yes field testing is a metaphor for premeditated murder... what do you think the governments does during weapons programs? at some point the weapons systems is used in live combat situation. If killing someone in there sleep is premeditated murder then we need to outlaw all night time bombing.

If these people where all gung ho for flying the device over to the middle east to some action. This is a sales opportunity. The accused are also associated with the KKK. If the suspects are interested in simply killing people i'm sure they can find someone more local.

Yes DARPA has its own high energy systems. yes it was considered for use on humans. where is the premeditated murder charge.

There has to be more going on then a couple of KKK rednecks trying to kill some enemies of Israel with a weaponized microwave.