View Poll Results: Do you agree with Snowden's Asylum in Russia?

Voters
96. This poll is closed
  • Agree

68 70.83%
  • No not agree

13 13.54%
  • Don't know

3 3.13%
  • Don't care

12 12.50%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Because the 12 year old 1337 hax0rz of anon wouldn't know what to do with it.
    IDK Snowden ran to Hong Kong and Russia to escape oppressive government practices.

Sounds like they'd be a perfect team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    IDK Snowden ran to Hong Kong and Russia to escape oppressive government practices.

Why do we not have up-votes on this site?

Yeah, the moment I found out he was in Russia was the moment I decided that Snowden gives 0 fucks about government accountability. He's in this for either money or attention.

If I was running from America Id pick Chine, I mean how much money does America owe them, China should be all like oh yeah pay half of the billions you owe us we'll extradite him tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    If I was running from America Id pick Chine, I mean how much money does America owe them, China should be all like oh yeah pay half of the billions you owe us we'll extradite him tomorrow.
    That's... that's not how foreign debt works...

Please, just read this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...asury_security
    One less person who is clueless about US debt would be fantastic.

And if you'd rather, you can read it in the form of a cracked article!
    http://www.cracked.com/article_20454...t-economy.html
    Last edited by Kalyyn; 2013-07-03 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All honesty, what he did was what they tell you stand up for. Whats wrong with the nsa is the fact they were looking at everyone. as if everyone is possible terrorist. That goes to point of tyranny done by the government. The moment we fear the government is the moment the government should honestly be destroyed. That is the founding principles of the U.s. Not only that, it should be for any country. Why would you want Big Brother watching your every move? Him calling out, is the checks and balances. Yet, we are here calling him a traitor. The NSA is literally an uncontested agency with noone actually checking to see if what they are doing is good for the country. The agency needs to be dissolved.

That's... that's not how foreign debt works...

Please, just read this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...asury_security
    One less person who is clueless about US debt would be fantastic.
    My bad forgot to /sarcasm that post. Could you imagine if other country's worked like banks though? You need to calm yourself a little to, assuming that someone is uneducated because they try to make a joke on the internet is weird. . .

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad forgot to /sarcasm that post. Could you imagine if other country's worked like banks though? You need to calm yourself a little to, assuming that someone is uneducated because they try to make a joke on the internet is weird. . .
    Have you been the MMO-Champion before? You can't walk 5 feet without running in to somebody who seriously believes what you just said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post

Ironic in it's best form.

Though I guess the enemy of your enemy is your friend is correct here.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Have you been the MMO-Champion before? You can't walk 5 feet without running in to somebody who seriously believes what you just said.
    I guess in terms of posts in feet I just hit my first 5 feet then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess in terms of posts in feet I just hit my first 5 feet then.
    Must be nice. I think I've been about 10 miles and back at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Blaiz View Post
    I wondered that too, seems a bit of a daft statement when the EU is made up of so many of the US's allies.

Whatever next, a suggestion that some of the US States breakaway and form the United Super States. Thus leaving the United States to be, well the US
    Wow Europe really thinks the world revolves around them. EU doesn't even have a top 3 country. If this is really how the europeans think I would rather ally with russia/china/japan/india and there is your big 5 right there. Everybody else is peanuts.

Yeah, the moment I found out he was in Russia was the moment I decided that Snowden gives 0 fucks about government accountability. He's in this for either money or attention.
    Seriously? Russia is the obvious pick since it's one of the very few countries in the entire world who have the power to actually stand up to USA should they -demand- that Snowden gets handed over. China would be one of the other.

The man is currently living in an airport and it's pretty much guaranteed that if the US gets him he'll be facing either life in prison, an execution or being quietly disposed of. Obama himself has said Snowden is a traitor. And you say that he's in it for the MONEY? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    There should be no need for militaristic super powers anymore but mankind never learns and especially some parts of the world...

Infracted: Please don't call the entire side of the argument idiots.
    cmon man you have to live in reality. There is war and criminals that will do you harm. There is a lot less now than before due to technology and formation of countries and world police. Sure someday it might be like that but please live in todays reality which is we need a capable army to protect us from potential enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    cmon man you have to live in reality. There is war and criminals that will do you harm. There is a lot less now than before due to technology and formation of countries and world police. Sure someday it might be like that but please live in todays reality which is we need a capable army to protect us from potential enemies.
    And who protects you, the citizen, from your own government?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel View Post
    Seriously? Russia is the obvious pick since it's one of the very few countries in the entire world who have the power to actually stand up to USA should they -demand- that Snowden gets handed over. China would be one of the other.

The man is currently living in an airport and it's pretty much guaranteed that if the US gets him he'll be facing either life in prison, an execution or being quietly disposed of. Obama himself has said Snowden is a traitor. And you say that he's in it for the MONEY? Seriously?
    It just doesn't add up. So he's condemning the US government, but he'll gladly accept help from the vastly more corrupt Russian government?

Sure, the practical explanation is that Russia is the only safe place for him to hide. But I'm not questioning his practicality. I'm questioning his principles.

Sure, the practical explanation is that Russia is the only safe place for him to hide. But I'm not questioning his practicality. I'm questioning his principles.
    Better to be alive in spite of your principles than being dead or tortured thanks to them.

I don't know about you people who are not in the USA but most of us have known for years that the NSA has been spying on almost all communications ...or at least the computers look for key words . Simply do a search about the NSA denying spying on domestic communications ( codename stellar wind ) ...People have known for years about this program ... . Certainly the conspiracy people like Alex Jones have talked about this for years . Why this guy is in such deep trouble is beyond me ...I guess because he worked for them so the veil of lies was lifted ....pretty pathetic if you ask me . They are charging him with high treason and yet none of the people who lied straight up to the citizens in the USA are in any kind of trouble even the President I should say Presidents have denied on multiple occasions about a spy program...and they get away with it because it's our governments policy that lying is ok if you don't get caught .
    Last edited by Starving Artist; 2013-07-03 at 07:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It just doesn't add up. So he's condemning the US government, but he'll gladly accept help from the vastly more corrupt Russian government?

should tell you something about your country if he needs to hide in the place you described
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel View Post
    And who protects you, the citizen, from your own government?
    nobody, my government is the protection and we require no protection from the protectors...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
    I don't know about you people who are not in the USA but most of us have known for years that the NSA has been spying on almost all communications ...or at least the computers look for key words . Simply do a search about the NSA denying spying on domestic communications ( codename stellar wind ) ...People have known for years about this program ... . Certainly the conspiracy people like Alex Jones have talked about this for years . Why this guy is in such deep trouble is beyond me ...I guess because he worked for them so the veil of lies was lifted ....pretty pathetic if you ask me . They are charging him with high treason and yet none of the people who lied straight up to the citizens in the USA are in any kind of trouble even the President I should say Presidents have denied on multiple occasions about a spy program...and they get away with it because it's our governments policy that lying is ok if you don't get caught .
    You make it sounds as if a citizen asks a question and the government must comply with the correct answer. That is absurd and will not work in a real society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    should tell you something about your country if he needs to hide in the place you described
    Tells me more about Snowden.