Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    And thankfully, if one really does want to suffer through Days, the HD Collection has it in "movie" form, no gameplay so all the character development and none of the headache.
    Yea but is even a movie form of 358/2 tolerable?

Considering almost all of the cutscenes in the game are them talking and eating ice cream at the top of the watch tower... Who can bother watching that shit for 3 hours?

Considering the characters involved with 358/2 they really borked that game both from a gameplay and presentation perspective. Made it really hard for me to care about it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-12-18 at 04:34 AM.

I barely understand the story but I understand the evil dude is basically voldemort from harry potter.

And im sure theres a lot of heart stuff im missing. Love and believe in your heart etc

I doubt i'll struggle to understand 3's story without knowing all the bloat.

If it doesnt make sense without knowing it then thats ok too, I can dig weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea but is even a movie form of 358/2 tolerable?.
    IMO no, I did it for the ps3 release but outright refuse to do it again on my ps4 copy. The trophy's just isn't worth it to me to sit thought that again lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yea but is even a movie form of 358/2 tolerable?
    To be fair, I said "if one really wants to suffer through Days," I didn't say that it was a good idea to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I barely understand the story but I understand the evil dude is basically voldemort from harry potter.
    Well, yeah, basically. But a more accurate statement would be that Xehanort is Voldemort who wants to have a lot of friends, instead of being a Voldemort who wants to live forever.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In order of importance...

1) Play or watch BBS and DDD.

2) Play or watch CoM.

3) Watch 358/2 never play it.

Rest of the shit has no impact on the overall story and is just 100% filler. Even CoM and 358/2 are borderline filler and no where near BBS/DDD in terms of story impact. They just do a slightly better job of explaining wtf actually happened in KH2 from a backstory perspective.
    Hello yes I played 358 and honestly I can say don't bother at this point with playing it. It sounds like they're pretty heavily deviating off the plot for it in 3 anyway, so it basically exists to provide more context to what's going on in 2.

Plus it's not even a good game. It's a bunch of filler, including references to the famous Anime Beach Episode Filler trope, and then like 2/3rds through the game suddenly there's a plot.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Bold claim when the last of us 2 comes out that year also. And maybe even cyberpunk but probably not.
    Oh I'm under no illusion that Kingdom Hearts 3 probably won't actually win GotY, but for most of the people in this thread who've been waiting for a true Kingdom Hearts sequel for 14 years, it likely will be our GotY.

And im sure theres a lot of heart stuff im missing. Love and believe in your heart etc

Not only is he Voldemort, but he can turn other people into Voldenort if they give in to darkness. Also, there's time-travel and it makes even less sense than time-travel usually makes.

So am i crazy or have they shown no Final Fantasy characters in the trailers yet? There was talk for the last couple of years that Disney was not happy with Square Enix over some unnamed behind the scenes issues and thats why KH is ending rather than starting another generation of side media horseshit. Still just rumour of course but the lack of any Square Enix IP characters in the prelrease media is weird when the whole selling point of the original game was 'Disney X Final Fantasy'.

I mean given the long dev time it could also be possible the FF focus was a lot more Lightning and Noctis and they want the arguably most disliked entries in the series not in the marketing to put people off after the 133 million loss. But then that makes you wonder if the trailers were made in the months before these losses were known. They were public recently but who knows how long they were dealing with it behind the scenes. Especially considering Nomura left the XV project for KH3.

This should help. Extra points if you can tell which bits are actually jokes and which sound like jokes but are canon.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So am i crazy or have they shown no Final Fantasy characters in the trailers yet? There was talk for the last couple of years that Disney was not happy with Square Enix over some unnamed behind the scenes issues and thats why KH is ending rather than starting another generation of side media horseshit. Still just rumour of course but the lack of any Square Enix IP characters in the prelrease media is weird when the whole selling point of the original game was 'Disney X Final Fantasy'.

I mean given the long dev time it could also be possible the FF focus was a lot more Lightning and Noctis and they want the arguably most disliked entries in the series not in the marketing to put people off after the 133 million loss. But then that makes you wonder if the trailers were made in the months before these losses were known. They were public recently but who knows how long they were dealing with it behind the scenes. Especially considering Nomura left the XV project for KH3.
    1. KH is not ending, just the Xehanort storyline. Which is fine.
    2. According to Nomura:

"I can't disclose too much about the Final Fantasy characters or whether or not they'll be in Kingdom Hearts 3, because I can only speak to what's been shown," Nomura tells us. "But the reason you haven't been shown any Final Fantasy characters is that there are so many original characters that need to resolve their own problems and issues. And because their issues and problems are very difficult, there just hasn't been that much space to fit Final Fantasy characters so far."
    Furthermore, he's also stated that Final Fantasy characters were tossed in for familiarity and now that KH cast has grown into its own, Final Fantasy isn't as needed to sell the games. No need to manufacture drama between the two companies.

15+ Year Old Account

We saw a moogle shop but thats it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post

This should help. Extra points if you can tell which bits are actually jokes and which sound like jokes but are canon.
    All of that is canon

- - - Updated - - -

I had a dream last night threy showed off a very detailed trailer of differences between the difficulties. Not real

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe this shifted in DDD but I've never seen FF central enough to warrant being in a story trailer. They're usually confined to hub worlds and B plots.

It's been a while since I played DDD (aside from the few minutes I've tried to play of it recently, BLEH!) but I don't remember seeing any FF characters in that game. The only Non-Disney and non-KH specific characters in there were the peeps from The World Ends With You.

Deleted
    guys in the final battle trailer when Ansem speaks to sora saying that "there is no saving you" and that there is a high price to pay, do u think that means sora will die

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Maybe this shifted in DDD but I've never seen FF central enough to warrant being in a story trailer. They're usually confined to hub worlds and B plots.
    I just replayed the first and the crux of it was the Final Fantasy world Radiant Garden was where Ansem started disturbing the heartless and Kairi was the princess of heart for that world that was sent away as it turned into Hollow Bastion. Its Malificents base and the keyhole leading to Kingdom Hearts. Its characters like Cid and Squall that lead you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    guys in the final battle trailer when Young Xehanort speaks to sora saying that "there is no saving you" and that there is a high price to pay, do u think that means sora will die
    FTFY

I think he meant that Sora is trapped in the Realm of Darkness for good (this time).

Which is odd, because Sora was able to open a Door to Light at the end of KHII, so that's not true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    FTFY

I think he meant that Sora is trapped in the Realm of Darkness for good (this time).

Which is odd, because Sora was able to open a Door to Light at the end of KHII, so that's not true.
    they all look the same, xemnas, ansem, xehanort haha. obviously cuz theyre practicaly the same person but still lol.
    but what makes u think its the realm of darkness

I personally think there will be Final Fantasy characters in KHIII due to this quote from Nomura (quoted from E3 2018 in an interview with GNN.com):

"About the characters that have not showed up in the trailer, for now I cannot answer... The characters from ‘Final Fantasy’ require special care, as the characters are very unique. Hence it is difficult to portray how FF characters will communicate with the other characters in the game. However, please look forward to how the FF characters show up in the game."

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't as prevalent as they were in some past games, though. I'd dig another Sephiroth secret boss fight.
    Last edited by Asphyx22; 2018-12-18 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just replayed the first and the crux of it was the Final Fantasy world Radiant Garden was where Ansem started disturbing the heartless and Kairi was the princess of heart for that world that was sent away as it turned into Hollow Bastion. Its Malificents base and the keyhole leading to Kingdom Hearts. Its characters like Cid and Squall that lead you there.
    Oh okay there's where the difference comes from.

Unless I missed the FF game that was based on, I treat Radiant Garden as a Kingdom Hearts original. Which the like 4 important FF characters were then grafted onto. Same as Twilight Town has a few thrown in and Destiny Islands has that trio from FFX.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    and Destiny Islands has that trio from FFX.
    ...Sigh -_- if it wasn't for my extreme distaste for Selphie and my love for FFX I would let that go...but