Quote Originally Posted by Destroxo View Post
    I knew about the chaos wave fury bug at the moment, but after they fix this I am still trying to figure out if it will be worth aiming for the 4 peice or stick with 2 peice and fill in the rest.
    14 days left to be fixed, starting to feel like a feature :P

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    They changed the trinket to just stack every 1 second and now only lasts 10 seconds.
    I see alright thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Would not say I play destro perfectly but will play it on 25 HC testing tonight just to get some logs.
    Really sad they cannot see for themselves how far behind destro will be.
    Sorry I lied . Was lagging like a bitch on PTR and was in a bad mood so A) couldnt be bothered to go respec. B) Would not be able to provide fair logs for anything as I was having a constant 400+ MS and no addons to track trinket procs etc .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angslan View Post
    Had the same result, warlocks did really well on protectors, did good on dark shaman testing, just got done with nazgrim testing and tbh affy was fairly weak compared to other multidot classes. It almost felt that something wasnt working right. Could also be that affy cant really pad the damage on the adds in the beginning.
    Played demo on both Protectors and Dark Shaman's. I was doing about 30k less dps than our aflfiction warlock on both fights, but he did had legendary cloak doing about 15k+ of his dps anyway. On both fights was playing with UVLS while having 350+ Latency and no Weak auras to track trinket procs. This really gave me hope for UVLS demo still being strong for at least the start of 5.4 progress. I missed a ton of the UVLS procs due to the reasons I gave above and was not TOO far behind Ediel playing affliction on most attempts.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

The Warlock who wrote the guide, how to and tips for Destruction stated he isn't even running as an offspec in 5.4.

"Still looking at Destro. That's the one we're keeping an eye on."

Confirmation the lead designer is indeed completely blind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    The Warlock who wrote the guide, how to and tips for Destruction stated he isn't even running as an offspec in 5.4.

"Still looking at Destro. That's the one we're keeping an eye on."

Confirmation the lead designer is indeed completely blind.
    well more slow than blind, coz atleast they are "keeping an eye on it", but that can mean anything from destro getting buffed to OP'ness or nothing at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    breaking news: destro is a shit spec, get over it, can we talk about anything other than destro being shit? jesus this thread has degraded into the biggest whinefest in 2013.... whining incessantly about it here isnt going to get it changed. Your best shot is to give GC what he wants, and thats logs from PTR tests.... so go do fucking PTR tests and show him.
    I agree with the second part. Other than that, your reply takes the whinefest cake.

Deleted
    It would probably be a better idea to have 3 separate threads when the PTR for the next balance patch comes out (not sure if 5.5 will have balance changes).

Deleted
    Always thought that conflag needed an extra charge with destro, to buff it's overall single target damage, speed up its ember generation and the overall 'speed' of the spec with another set of charges. Maybe with a slight readjustment of its damage so stop it being too bursty in pvp.

But even more disappointed that void ray remains un-changed for another patch. I get 'the rage' every time I have to use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddi2biT View Post
    Always thought that conflag needed an extra charge with destro, to buff it's overall single target damage, speed up its ember generation and the overall 'speed' of the spec with another set of charges. Maybe with a slight readjustment of its damage so stop it being too bursty in pvp.

But even more disappointed that void ray remains un-changed for another patch. I get 'the rage' every time I have to use it.
    1 more conflag charge would add only 1 more conflag per fight, no matter how long the fight would be. Instead, we could have conflag cooldown (or recharge time, mind you) reduced by haste, it wouldn't even be such a big dps increase anyway considering conflag only hits slightly more than incinerate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    1 more conflag charge would add only 1 more conflag per fight, no matter how long the fight would be. Instead, we could have conflag cooldown (or recharge time, mind you) reduced by haste, it wouldn't even be such a big dps increase anyway considering conflag only hits slightly more than incinerate.
    Tricky business. If conflagrate cd was reduced by haste, haste's value would further increase. But we also run into more backdrafts giving more overall haste to our incinerates and less mana cost (not to mention cast time below gcd being bad game design, for incinerate, imo).

I find destruction lacking. I feel as if there's one or more abilities missing from the rotation. It just seems so plain...

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Tricky business. If conflagrate cd was reduced by haste, haste's value would further increase. But we also run into more backdrafts giving more overall haste to our incinerates and less mana cost (not to mention cast time below gcd being bad game design, for incinerate, imo).

I find destruction lacking. I feel as if there's one or more abilities missing from the rotation. It just seems so plain...
    They need to give Destro Doom back, but it uses all embers you have, damage increased for each ember you use. I dno, it needs something extra to make it more interesting and to find a way to balance it
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    They need to give Destro Doom back, but it uses all embers you have, damage increased for each ember you use. I dno, it needs something extra to make it more interesting and to find a way to balance it
    I doubt having an instant cast which eats all your embers for a DoT would bring fun to the spec

Deleted
    As many people have said, I feel it could use a reactionary proc. Something like a free shadowburn similar to nightfall regardless of HP, or after 3x conflag you get a proc. I dunno, none of these are my own original ideas, but it's clear destro lacks something. Even more so now that rain of fire has been removed from the rotation.

Deleted
    Something that makes you manage your mana, like RoF was doing. On the PTR mana is useless, you can spam Fel flames all day long.

Deleted
    a CD which gives 1 ember vs 50% of your mana pool perhaps ?
    (50% or whatever balanced number)

"Demonic Emberbit"

I can so see Destro staying hidden under the radar and not getting shit until post patch hotfixes within the first week or two. And even then those hotfixes won't be worth a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    It would probably be a better idea to have 3 separate threads when the PTR for the next balance patch comes out (not sure if 5.5 will have balance changes).
    I was just about to post the same thing. It's painful to read through pages and pages of QQ about Destro needing ember generation buffs while trying to find something meaningful about Affliction or Demo. I'm 100% behind buffing Destro even though I have no interest in playing it...but I wish Locks would talk about something else.

Yapping on here and soaking up each other's misery isn't going to push the Devs to do anything about Destro.

Deleted
    Something that drains mana faster than incinerate sounds good. They should've made Rain of Fire glyph that places RoF around your target and revert the ember regen nerf and be done with it.
    Last edited by mmoc8b742e5a94; 2013-08-28 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    a CD which gives 1 ember vs 50% of your mana pool perhaps ?
    (50% or whatever balanced number)

"Demonic Emberbit"
    for me thats just some more boring gameplay like horn of winter, shout for warriors and the 100 little hunter CDs. Pressing those little CDs every 30secs that don´t seem to do anything to your dps isn´t fun for me at all. The specc needs a nightfall like procc like already mentioned (no instant incinerate plx, thx!) besides a 1,5x incinerate casttime with damage adjustment and some serius scaling adjustments. It doesn´t matter how much they buff destros spells if they don´t fix the scaling with haste/crit/mastery since it will lag behind with increasing ilvl. I´d enjoy to play destro/demo the whole content without having to switch to affli with heroic gear or using an crit-buffed-doom that feels more like an exploit.

I don't know if something reaction based is a good idea. Maybe chance on spell hit to cause your next CB used in the next 8 seconds to be free (not instant) or cause your next 2 incinerates to deal 25% more damage.

I feel the spec could use some stable although not uber reliant proc effect.