Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro9866 View Post
    DW frost will reign king next patch? 5000 mastery with 100% PoF rune regen? I think yes!
    I'm not sure, we're going to see changes for how Unholy/2H frost gear around the 2 set based on it's uptime, whether or not there's an ICD on the procs, but the gains in Haste will definitely make Crit look better for both specs, and can potentially lead to some serious damage output.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalathoran View Post
    right now most dk tanks are mastery as best secondary stat, i could see haste taking over for the 2 piece bc w/ the faster rune regen would allow for more of the attacks which would allow for more of the bone shield charges to be applied. i dont really see an advantage for a haste build w/ the 4 set so maybe not., either way, the extra dps would be nice
    you would need to get fairly large amounts of haste in order to get 1 extra charge on Bone Shield, I'm guessing around 30%+ haste. That requries a pretty large defensive stat loss in order to get that much haste. Haste MIGHT overtake dodge/parry at higher DR (like really high) but not by much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    I'm not sure, we're going to see changes for how Unholy/2H frost gear around the 2 set based on it's uptime, whether or not there's an ICD on the procs, but the gains in Haste will definitely make Crit look better for both specs, and can potentially lead to some serious damage output.
    With how it words it to me it sounds like it is just simply, EVERY proc of either of those will give you one. It doesn't say chance or anything, so thats something to think about. Otherwise I would see this having to have a stupid long duration, to make up for low procs

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    With how it words it to me it sounds like it is just simply, EVERY proc of either of those will give you one. It doesn't say chance or anything, so thats something to think about. Otherwise I would see this having to have a stupid long duration, to make up for low procs
    We could see an RPPM mechanic similar to Spark of Zandalar, to be honest. Which wouldn't be that bad really.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

We could see an RPPM mechanic similar to Spark of Zandalar, to be honest. Which wouldn't be that bad really.
    They toss that onto everything ugh. Those for almost everything they add it to its because it has a chance to proc, not procs because of a proc

Hmmm.....It looks like to me that 2H Frost will literally be spamming nothing but Obliterate half of the time. Doesn't look like there will be much room for using Frost Strike or Howling Blast. Definitely not during PoF, which is 33% of the time. I really don't understand what they are trying to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    Hmmm.....It looks like to me that 2H Frost will literally be spamming nothing but Obliterate half of the time. Doesn't look like there will be much room for using Frost Strike or Howling Blast. Definitely not during PoF, which is 33% of the time. I really don't understand what they are trying to do here.
    Guess we'll have to adapt a bit, but it does allow us to burst pretty hard. I like that aspect insomuch as it's sort of 2H Frost's token.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Also forget to include Heroism, as every Death Knight should be lining PoF with Heroism anyways. Heroism+PoF 4P will pretty literally be just Obliterate spam

Quote Originally Posted by Pouponu View Post
    Also forget to include Heroism, as every Death Knight should be lining PoF with Heroism anyways. Heroism+PoF 4P will pretty literally be just Obliterate spam
    You mean it isn't already? I kid, I kid.

All and all, I sort of like this. I expect it to change some, but it'll basically just boil down to every DK finding a specific breakpoint of haste that works for them, and hitting that, then reforging off the rest of their extra stats to crit. It's not going to have a hard-cap like other classes.

Also, 10 stacks of KM Buff + Pillar of Frost 4-set + Heroism.

I dub this, DARION FUCKING MOGRAINE.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like we'd cap resources easily with the 4pc with PoF and lust up as 2h frost.

What in the world is dw frost supposed to do with 100% rune regen during pillar of frost? I'm already gcd capped a lot of the time, especially if I'm ams soaking. Will we end up using obliterate most of this time? The stacking mastery/haste sounds fun as long as it's up enough of the time to be worthwhile though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are very strong set bonuses for DPS, the best we've had for a long time. A transformed Ghoul for the entire fight seems really really strong.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 04:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Astro9866 View Post
    DW frost will reign king next patch? 5000 mastery with 100% PoF rune regen? I think yes!
    It will take a lot more than that to put it ahead. Unless the Org raid trinkets don't have Strength procs, and/or Heroic Feather gets heavily outclassed, (single strength procs of more than 12k, which is possible, assuming a 26 ilvl jump) Unholy would still be the likely favorite.

DRW = no RP and with Blood 4 set becomes a mini ERW

Kind of sad that I won't be able to benefit from dps set bonuses as Blood but the higher ilvl should make up for the loss in damage with regards to T15 2/4 DPS set.

You mean it isn't already? I kid, I kid.

All and all, I sort of like this. I expect it to change some, but it'll basically just boil down to every DK finding a specific breakpoint of haste that works for them, and hitting that, then reforging off the rest of their extra stats to crit. It's not going to have a hard-cap like other classes.

Also, 10 stacks of KM Buff + Pillar of Frost 4-set + Heroism.

I dub this, DARION FUCKING MOGRAINE.
    10 stacks KM Buff, Pillar 4P, Heroism, and a ridiculous length Runic Corruption from extreme overflow of resources. Pretty much what you said but literally twice as much resource. Runes might hit under 2 or even 1 second regen.... insane!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Free DRW makes me happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    The dk pvp gear looks pretty nice.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Dancing Rune Weapon will reactivate all Frost and Unholy runes as Death Runes, and make your next 4 Death Strikes free.

Dancing rune weapon, outbreak, pestilence = double dot all target,
    now 4 death rune and 2 blood = 6 blood boil,
    empower rune weapon, 6 more blood boil

soo . double dot+ 12 blood boil, can copy attack from Dancing rune weapon .. O_O WOW NICE !
    heheheh ... AOE MACHINE ! cant wait to see my dps on AOE with vengeance now

The blood four set looks OP has hell. Makes activating DRW give 6 free death strikes, easily making it our best or second best defensive cooldown, and a pretty ridiculous offensive cooldown as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pouponu View Post
    10 stacks KM Buff, Pillar 4P, Heroism, and a ridiculous length Runic Corruption from extreme overflow of resources. Pretty much what you said but literally twice as much resource. Runes might hit under 2 or even 1 second regen.... insane!!! I LOVE IT!!!
    Hold the horses... Rune Regen will never reach under 6s, and I'm fairly certain we won't even get under 7s except for rare occurances of serious procluck.

It'll still mean that I'll have to finetune my gear for RNG, which I hate. I'm not happy about the nature of these changes. Stacking haste is super, but I don't like the RNG aspect of this.